User Tag List

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2229Likes

Thread: September 2021 frugal chatter; Almost Fall!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    So happy I decided on a slow cooker meal tonight,my early morning caught up to me mid-afternoon so it was so nice to have something ready to go. We really enjoy the Brown Sugar Sesame Pork Loin in the Slow cooker, this is the second time I made it. To go on the side I made a double batch of cooked rice as wanted some leftover for Stuffed Peppers later in the week. Then we had some Broccoli to use up so I made 0 minute broccoli in the Instant Pot. I was skeptical about Broccoli in the Instant Pot but it comes out perfect but I do recommend using a steamer basket and not letting the Broccoli sit in the water.

I got some of our ingredient prep done for the week:
    Romaine is cut up ready for salads
    Cheese has been grated, only needed Cheddar and Mozzarella this week

Also cleaned out the fridge, just had a small amount of leftover pasta that did not get used to toss. Mostly the fridge just needed to be reorganized, stuff was just kind of shoved all over the place and we were not maximizing space. Even after cooking dinner and putting the leftover Rice and 3 grab and go lunches we still have room in the fridge.

Took out a couple bags of garbage, the kitchen garbage and a bag from the basement of some old potatoes and milk that was off in the freezer. Also had to dispose of the mice, we have caught 6 mice now, think our original mouse had babies. In the last 2 days we have caught 5 mice. Hoping we have caught them all now.

I also cleaned the kitchen this morning, I can admit the dishes had piled up a little bit on this week so I got them all done and out away.

I still have some things on my To-Do-List but it is mainly stuff I can do during the week as they are quick and easy tasks.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
    Giseledta, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Evening went to toronto at 1.00 p.m today to celebrate sebastian's 5th birthday .We wet over to a lovely park 5 minutes away from daughter's top part of her house and she got pizza libretto and we ate in the park ,then back after a few hours for ice cream cake.

Just got in now ,so just relaxing .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Grr I am so happy to have another cat with eve my currently cat but they dont like each others....eve eat in stella food and stella eat in eve food....and the litter grrr...stella put litter in eve food plate...not cool..I changed eve food place will see...!!!

alright good night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. Lots to do around the house today . needs to tidy up the family room , mop and give the kitchen a good cleaning this I didn’t do much in there this weekend
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Happy monday!!!! lot to do this week +2 appoitments (dentist and insurance-life-investment)
    I just hope to have a good week of mail and get my trades but the end of this week!!!! So weird i got my trade frday by the trade she mailed last
    We are suppose to have a heat wave this week..guess I will see...
    Alright time for life project
    Have an awesome day!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and getting at it this morning. I was wide awake at 4 am again, I should have just gotten up, instead I stayed in bed and then did not want to get up LOL.

Set my schedule this morning was getting ready to email it out and got an email to remove one person from my schedule. Will re work it now.

I am going to take my first break soon and start to work on stuff around the house. I am trying to get back into taking a few 15 minute breaks during the day where I can work on household tasks. I really feel like I am getting back on track.

Still need to figure out dinner for tonight, lots of option just not sure what I feel like. Looks like it will get a little warm near the end of the week so I think I will save the other Slow Cooker meals for those days. As I think about it, maybe I will do Perogie Bake with Salad.

I still need to run to a couple local stores and grab a few things, the big thing on my list is flour as we lost a bag in the flood and the last 2 times I went to Costco they only had 20 kg bags, not 10 kg bags. The 20 kg bag is a good deal and we would use it but I am not sure how we would store it, our container only holds 10 kgs. So will grab the 10 kg bags that are on sale.

It is the start of a new week, have a great Monday everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    What kind of sweet potato do you use/prefer?
    White?
    Orange?
    Purple?

Co-op is having a sale on purple yam for $1/lb and I thought about using them to make french fries or chips. Has anyone tried to use yams in this manner?
    Orange

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!! Another beautiful day! Working in the office so will be a good work day.

Left the house with a clean kitchen. Made sure to wash up the dishes used for packing lunches. The laundry I hung to dry last night will be dry when I get home so I will put it away.
    I need to go to the laundromat to wash my large bathroom mat. Will wait till next week when I am working from home so I can just pop in there early in the morning.
    We are totally stocked up on laundry soap for the winter (well should be for a year I think) Happy to not have to worry about that. I think I will pick up a few bottles of dish soap to last us a year then that will be another item off my stock up list. I don't want to have to worry about shopping this winter. Just hunker down and work on house and health!
    Skippy, Giseledta, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon just made a bean salad a warm one with roasted potatoes and argula salad on top.We just were without water from 10.30 til noon as a water main broke down on our crescent .They came door to door and told us 10 minutes before they shut it off.So glad i had my shower last night and washed my load of clothes before i went to bed .

I just ordered part of ashlyn's birthday gift for oct6 -a space projector off amazon plus a space book.Now i feel i am getting a bit done .Hubby and i are voting early on the way to my son,s this afternoon as we have to pick up the girls from their bus stop at 3.45. and then watch them til around 6.00.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In reply to @cath007 's questions about kitchen appliances:
    must haves: gas stove/oven plus bbq lighter for those power outage occasions, toaster oven and hand mixer.
    Dream kitchen-enough counter space or appliance garage to hold a digital slow cooker (don't have these things), a Liebherr fridge with those clear glass panel doors, a wine fridge or pop fridge, plus counter fridge drawers like Martha Stewart used to have on her show years ago, two level /two door oven, a food processor/blender like the thinkkitchen one I want to replace old juicer and old blender and a vent hood/venting for main kitchen stove.

Good afternoon! Wasn't that evening rain (on and off) plus electrical storm something after 10pm onwards...Bro left toaster/convection oven plugged in so as lightning was going off outside, the blue digital display was faintly flashing its own light show. Bit creepy to see in dark kitchen!

One bag of branches have been collected this morning and I've only one empty bag left. Will look for yard waste bag deals. As it was a cool, damp morning, I cooked some quick oatmeal to warm up the day. Weird to learn that there is some slight humidity for today (light drizzle occurred while hanging laundry outside after 11am) but tomorrow's humidity (and more rain/lightning) is going to make the world feel 36C in Southern Ontario. Not happy with the forecast...

Spent most of yesterday looking for snacks (and noticed which groceries need replenishing or tossing out with every fridge visit or pantry reach) and watching videos on baby gear. Who thought it was a good idea to make car seats in black or dark grey with all those straps and harnesses and more? First thing that got my attention was the dark gear and thinking how much fun parents on dark Canadian Winter mornings have with car seats in the back seats of their car. I made a point to look around at gear on the website that might be lighter or brighter. Learned some useful features of car seats-bases are separate and car seats now have rebound bars and long legs to place in front of back seat to hit the floor. Realized late last night that another gift card giveaway was on for the weekend and made sure to enter it. $250 is worth the effort.

Have to get my ballot into a mailbox before afternoon pickup. Also need to get some beverages and food for tomorrow if I stay at home.

Family event-strangely noticed the Instagram crowd hadn't posted their pics online. Found one event photo that was someone else's event on same day but at a different location.

The Bay has a flash sale today relating to kids' clothing, select toys and shoes & toys and B1G1. Online and in-store! I am going to check out toys!
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Value Village pushed out a new private sale notice to Super Savers: 30% off housewares/furniture from Sept 15 (Wed) to Sept 19 (Sun).

Since the Super Savers have launched their Flexpoints program, customers have to provide their phone numbers again at cash. Be ready with your numbers-I'll be taking my card along to save my public recitation of home phone number.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ok. Here’s a little update. Our renter is moving in this week, so I harvested everything that was ready in the garden. The renter will take over caring for the plants and is welcome to any remaining harvest. I harvested a very large bowl of Swiss chard leaves, 12lbs of beets, 10lbs of carrots, and boxes full of tomatoes. My sales from garden veggies is only 1/2 of what it was last year. I dug a large chunk of my chive plant and most of a red rhubarb plant. Three red rhubarb plants remain at the rental property. Now

I am officially out of the old house and need to start working on the new yard while the weather is still nice. I downloaded a good free plant identification app and I spent an hour in the yard identifying a variety of plants. Some are invasive weeds or toxic to animals, so they obviously need to go. I prefer to grow things that we can eat, so I’m not sure what I want to do with some flowering plants that I identified. I was happy to find Chinese chives (tops taste like garlic), 5’ tall cherry plum tree, and a little cluster of raspberry canes.

I’m still looking for teaching contracts and hoping to get called for substitute teaching days.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Sep 14th, 2021 at 12:30 AM.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

S.O. finally got her 3rd COVID Pfizer dose today! Pleased.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Not a very productive day as sinuses throbbing and screen bothering eyes. Glad to pop in and catch up with everyone else's life adventures.
    Whatever you're up to this week stay safe and well my friends and be the blessing that someone needs!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Skippy the weather has been a rollercoaster of things. Hope you feel better after any weather system does its thing!
    ((Hugs over the sinuses. ))They can be real chatterbugs...
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information