User Tag List

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2229Likes

Thread: September 2021 frugal chatter; Almost Fall!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy September.

my youngest is very very happy with her move.. ( mom is still not happy) . so that is fabulous .

i am working on using up stuff.. so much stuff. . lol.
    freezer meals.. i wil start stocking some.. i did 2 items on the weekend. will do more ina couple of weeks.
    and i want to focus on my back yard.... i simply hate it. really really dont like how it is.. it is not a calm place for me in the least bit.
    so .. plan is to get it better , so the spring wont be so hard to get up to shape.

sept, i also have my cpr first aid. , a new dc child starting . ect ect.

it should be a really good month.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Giseledta … I am glad the move for your daughter went well and that she is chuffed!!

I like your plan for the yard. You deserve a place of tranquility!

Have a great month!!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Wed, Sep 1st, 2021 at 06:33 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

https://aislesofglory.nofrills.ca/
    contest is back you can earn pc points dont know if it work for maxi in qc
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well cooking the ground beef this morning paid off. Nobody home for dinner and I am starving. So pulled the beef from the freezer and have the sauce simmering and the pasta cooking. Yummy filling meal! And good leftovers for kids

We accomplished so much today. Dining room is 95% percent done! Laundry all put away but the 2 loads washed today hanging to dry. Kitchen clean but my 2 pots cooking now. But I am done so no more cleaning for me. Will eat and relax.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Sep 1st, 2021 at 07:10 PM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    https://aislesofglory.nofrills.ca/
    contest is back you can earn pc points dont know if it work for maxi in qc
    Thanks!! I thought it started tomorrow - one extra day of points! YAY!!! :D

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I cannot believe I was at maxi and cie yesterday and they where not putted...When back this evening for some fruits......the pads was there (nescafe,amooza) etc...but nothing..all cleared in one day..wow...unbelievable ...they must be some crazy couponners in my city....grrr ......so frustrating,..that need to stop.Somedays I hope not but I bet coupons will be at the cash with the cashiers only if you buy the product....QOTD: DO you hit clear tearpad you too? Do you think cashier handle the coupon(s) could be a solution or like automatic machine who give you the coupon 1 at the time and with time space...to avoid cleared coupons?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did see three cleared tearpads at Fortinos when I went to visit three areas of the store. Not sure that grocery stores will pay for automatic coupon dispenser unless a third party vendor will pay for unit and the electricity (is QC electricity still much cheaper than in ON?). It's still kind of rare to see those blinking light Smart Source coupon holders on shelves (sometimes they show up at certain times for short periods then disappear).

Glad today was COOLER and felt more like spring than stinking hot summer (19 days left). If the temps stay in this range, I think I can manage to finish the garden weeding. My arm is quite sore today and it needs a little more time-noticed that lifting arm up was a bad idea most times. Cannot really sleep on left side as shoulder squawks and I got up at 4am for 2h as the pain and urge to be awake kept me up. Given today's press conference about the ON vaccine certificate, it seems like it might be good to try to get #2 dose near end of month if I can book an appt for that time and save myself a bus trip. I am highly doubtful that Ontarians will be able to get above 85% fully vaccinated by October-think it's realistic to get the 80% and work with that number instead. Personally, I'm miffed that if I don't go to a movie theatre before Sept 22, I'll be out of luck until at least mid October if I manage to get my second vaccine by end of Sept in town. Not sure the GO Vaxx bus will be back in downtown Hamilton but I'll check.

RE: QR codes for vaccination screening -someone posted on Twitter that a QC senior without a smartphone could not have their QR code printout scanned due to a resolution issue. A second person stated to make sure your QR copy has high resolution. Thought to share, as I will print off copies of my slips from e-mails for use should I need them in October. The original receipts will be kept at home. Have a feeling that next month's big buy (aside from a prepaid Visa card from Fortinos) will be a cheap smartphone (to use in wi-fi areas and to store files/images/take photos).

Bro took the recalled dehumidifier back to Costco for refund, which was issued on a Costco gift card. I spent some time on the website and aside from a Nokia smartphone, I really am not excited at offerings for ways that Mom can use that card. She is not keen on a phone.

Have printed off a few Fall bus schedules and will need to keep tabs if HSR site posts the rest of schedules before Friday. The Presto fares went up by 5 cents but the cash fares remain the same for the HSR buses.

I did watch a movie on Amazon Prime Video and have to figure how to claim the $3 credit as it has to be used within 30 days of issue. Since I have under $14 on the Visa gift card (which I input into Amazon's website in order to get those free trial memberships), I'd like to use the total sum up before I cancel my memberships.

Elector card came in today's mail!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wishing that this September is a super one in terms of personal goal attainment and good things for everyone. No super expensive surprises...just lovely summer produce, deals and fun.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It certainly feels like September but I do love sitting on the deck with the cooler air. I likely have another month or so until it’s too cold even with the fire place. I need some September goals. Just not sure what my focus is. I know I want to lose a bit of weight and work on my core strength because that will help with paddling. I want to use what we have on hand before stocking up for winter and my big thing is to go back to menu planning. This always falls apart in the summer. Getting that on track reduces the food waste and the dining out so that’s a good September objective.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I almost forgot to push 4 of my pc offers.Glad I did.!!! Too late for a friendly reminder I guess....

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am and was so tired today.... I did a nap pf 2 hours after dinner and will go into bed after this post!"!!
    Today went ok....just happy to made it trought the day.....
    Some of my things are started to resolve a little bit so less stress for me..and i dont need stress...who want stress in their life....lol
    I went to my dentist appointment only to learn the dentist I had this day dont do roots canals..she dont like to do that...huh that is stupid...so she will talk about my case to the 2 others dentists there..I am supposed to get a call deadline tomorrow at lunch if they can do it.....fingers crossed really...i am tired....she will leave message on the machine since i am not here the days of the week(project life)
    And she talked to me about the cost of a root canal..oh my god so much more expensive than I tought.... Because of the crown....duh

She did x rays x3 and did not charged me and she took my other dentist x rays...so it was 44$ today for the emergency appointement not 147$ like the secreatory had told me!!!! hahaha
    She test it the pain on my teeth and no pain at all..that is so bizarre
    the others teeths are very sensible...

After I went to my informatic-electronic supplier to repair the problem of my computer..The mouse problem who was stuck and not moving.....he find the problem..i did not do an update and other things so that was the reason.He did not charge me at least!!! Was happy abou that because my 2 years warrenty expired 20 days ago...i will cry.....otherwhise it is 60 $ per hour of work,.....eekkk

Computer is ok now ,very pleased about that as i need it for life project
    The qr code on father cellphone work now..they mixed what brand of vaccine he receive on paper it is pphizer not moderna so the system did not recognize it...lol...
    Monday labour day and a hollidays.i cannot wait

Wanted peachs at maxi but could not price match because they only carries nectarine so i purchased to remplaced 2 lbs of red plums fot 3,00$

So that was my day
    I wrothe an e-mail yesterday to my insurrance sale person and no reply i will wait until friday and i will phone it.....that is bizarre

Today was a perfect temperature not to cold not to hot,really the days will go fast until fall kick in

Alright good night

Sorry to tired to catch of the posts i think...will catch them tomorrow night or tomorrow morning...
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Sep 2nd, 2021 at 12:16 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I got st-hubert(chicken rotisserie in qc) coupons hope the subway and mcdonals ones will following soon i am craving subway lol!
    I saw a coffee maker at wm for 14$ just what i need so i will go maybe friday or saturday when i will go pick up my free product at metro...I wonder if I can download the app in my i pod and have 2 free products with the same card or it is 1 offer per card....... that would be awesome ...but i think you need 2 accounts

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

alright time to check those pc offers and metro after that bed.....i have to get up at 6:30 am now..I will get use to it.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Just checked those pc offers..and they suck..nothing i will use.....and the 4 saved offers are not there so bizzare oh well at least I have 20$ in points to redeem

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I am already ready for my nap, it feels like this week has been a long one and it isn't over yet.

Since we were out of the system for over 6 hours on Tuesday I started my day at 5 am yesterday literally I had a staff member phoning me at 5:01 yesterday. I ended my day around 8 pm between catch up from the system being down, training sessions and a procedure revision that needed to be typed and sent out it was a long day.

Back up at 5 am today and at it again, I am seriously overwhelmed right now, there is a lot on my plate and I cannot keep up. I keep telling myself week after week, just get through this week and it will slow down but it does not slow down if anything it feels like more just keeps coming down the pipes.

I am torn, not sure if I should go to my boss, this is the hard part of my job. Right now I am overwhelmed with 6 trainees but in 3 months I could have none.

Mom did not go to the store yesterday and I did not stop on the way home, I was getting a headache and still had to send the procedure revision. This means I really need to go tonight, the sales are better for us this week but I just want to curl up in a corner and shut the world off for a little bit LOL. Oh well nice daydream but not reality so time to push on.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information