User Tag List

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2229Likes

Thread: September 2021 frugal chatter; Almost Fall!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 : You must be and have to be very proud of yours savings.that is quite a chunk of money ..hope to be able to do that too someday...you are an inspiration to us!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Noticed that the laughing cow cheese will be still on sale next week at wm..yay..more cheese 1,97$ minus 1,00$ coupon=1,97$ but deceived again with maxi and cie they just carries light,no lactose.organic and original and jalapeno no smoked cheese it is crazy good..wm have it but wont accept coupons grr
    grr i just noticed i forget to pm my grapes because i taught they where no deal(2,98$ lb when i could have paid 1,27$ lb pm super c..per chance i did not bought to much..but they will be in wm ontario flyer 0.98$ next week hope it is the same in qc!!!! fingers crossed
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Sep 1st, 2021 at 05:45 AM.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

hmm september goals are:
    Drink more water,walk my 2 km or more per day
    Maintain a budget,no food wasting or less possible...need more planning
    no or close to no fast food
    start to repair and treat my teeths
    decluterred by spare time the spare bedroom.maybe thinking of storages solutions
    more balance in my life,less stress
    start to check the deal for the stove
    order and find more coupons

a big month hahahah

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    @cath007 it’s always nice to set goals. I was lucky to find the new tear pads the first of the cycle. The were put yesterday if I had gone later in the day it would have all been gone.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I have been up since 5 am helping our staff work through the issues of having no access at month-end. Grrr any other day this would have been so much easier.

When I went to bed at 9 last night the system had not come back up but since I am still trying to reset my sleep I did not want to stay up any later to wait. Looks like it came back up sometime between 11 and midnight last night.

I need to look at the upcoming flyers and decide if it is better to shop today or tomorrow. We just need some fresh stuff, Milk & produce.

Not sure what was up by last night I was not feeling well at all, I ended up just having a leftover waffle for dinner so kind of off the meal plan but these things happen LOL. We should be back on track tonight, I have a new recipe I made up I want to try. I saw someone make Italian Carrot Fries, I want to try the same thing but use Zucchini. I still have Zucchini coming out my ears from the one Bro's GF gave me that was the same size as a newborn baby and she mentioned yesterday in our family chat she will have more next week. We all started sharing our zucchini recipes with each other.

Enjoying this nice cooler weather, have the windows open letting some fresh air in, our house was feeling so stuffy.

Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Evening -today we took sebastian and ashlyn to a new playground (2 playspots ,water fountain to refill your bottles and a splash pad -all free)Then treated them to McDonalds for lunch.

In the afternoon we went to see cara at home my daughter-in-law had her at the children,s hospital for 4 and a half hours last night .They checked her out good and think it is a u.t infection,but the poor little one feel asleep cuddled in papa's arm today with her fever ,she is on meds but if the fever doesnt break by i think thursday they said she will need to go back .

Tonight i will get an nice cool sleep ,mind you i didnt mind being woke up last night to watch ashlyn .
    @coupongirl hoping Cara gets better soon.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Coupon Girl prayers for your granddaughter to feel better

Angela prayers for your aunt as she recovers
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Working from home today so making bacon and eggs for breakfast Cooking up ground beef for a quick pasta dinner one night next week.

Have a list and will hope to get it all done today!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Took a quick look at the No Frills flyer well I was waiting for a report to load. Next week is a better week to shop but I really want berries. I have asked Mom to grab Milk, Sour Cream & Berries (I believe Strawberries & Blackberries on sale). Then I will go tomorrow and get the stuff going on sale tomorrow.

Do you ever just get a craving? I was sitting here and all of a sudden I am feeling enchiladas but I have to see if I have Tortillas, if I don't they will have to wait till tomorrow as tortillas go on sale tomorrow.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen is clean. Now getting DS's school bag ready.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Just a FYI

If you are in a car accident and even if it is completely not your fault, insurance will not pay to have your pet looked at by a vet even tho it is limping. Your pet is considered a piece of property that they will pay to fix if it is damaged but not looked at to determine what and if something is wrong. It might be just me but i think something is wrong with that

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Amazing what you can get done when you are motivated and just dig in.

Dining room clean up! 3 bins gone through. Stuff posted for sale. 1 bin started for donation. Adding to it as I sort through stuff.
    2 bins totally cleaned out (out of 5 bin tower) (its my personal office stuff-financials/money/coupons etc)
    One section of floor and baseboards washed and island moved there. Waiting for DS to come and move 2 bins to the garage and 1 to my vehicle for donation. Then I will dust/wipe everything down and then wash the floor. My desk is already clean.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS did an amazing job cleaning his computer room (spare room) Finally!!
    He is having a lunch break (tacos! his brother made last night his girlfriend and little brother ) and will continue his list.
    I just put on a load of laundry and I will hang to dry once done.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well Sep 01 2021 and I received a surprise today when I viewed the Toronto Hydro bill online. It was a pleasantly good surprise!!

This past month has been a stinker in terms of heat - no kidding. We have a century home so no central AC but we do have ductless AC on the third and second floors and it tends to work its way down to the main floor where we have a large fan moving the air around. That has allowed us to keep the heat very manageable with no issues. Also we have been running the dehumidifier in the basement 24 hours a day since June.

So with the 2 AC units running pretty much 24x7 for the past month etc I was bracing for a huge hydro bill.
    Surprise!! Not anywhere what I thought it would be!! YAY!!

Given these are the same AC units etc as last hot summer 2020 I checked to see the cost then. In the same time period last year we paid around 160$ before a much bigger Ontario Govt rebate last year. This year? $120.00!! That is a huge reduction in cost. Now this is the base cost before the Ont Govt rebate and the $40/month rebates we get ... so I have to attribute this to moving to Tiered Hydro usage this year as compared to Time Of Use last year.

Our hourly costs this past period were 9.8c KWh for the first 600KWH and this month we went over 600KWH so the cost for an additional 60 KWh was 11.5 cents per KWh. If we had been on TOU this period the highest and mid periods would have been 11.3 and 17c !! The lowest would have been 8.2c/KWH.

So for us the move to Tiered pricing has really paid off!! This year was 660KWH and last year was 600KWH in the same periods.

So happy to have made the change!!

Now what can I spend the extra $$ on -- LOL

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@Angela273 prayers offered for your Aunt and all concerned.

I'd love to stay online for awhile yet to do more,but no can do at the moment as body complaining too much!
    Have a great evening everyone!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information