User Tag List

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am happy with what I got done considering.

Kitchen is clean, I put a few dishes from last night that needed to soak in the dishwasher and it was full so I ran it. It has since been emptied and ready for today's dishes.

I did all the hand dishes we had and cleaned as I went so no dishes piling up.

Made Banana Muffins, I had some bananas I actually thought were past even being able to bake with them but to my surprise they were still fine to be used. Normally I would not make muffins because I just made banana muffins but I was not in the mood to find a new recipe just wanted to use them up.

I emptied and cleaned the fridge, I should have done this before I put the groceries away but I could not do it last night. I just got the groceries in. So today I emptied the fridge, wiped it out and checked what was in the fridge. We did have some food waste because this week was an off week, there were recipes I did not make and I did not focus on using up leftovers but all and all not too bad. Some leftover Pasta, Mexican Sauce & leftovers from the fajita bake. As well as some mushrooms and 2 zucchinis.

We had a pineapples from my last shopping trip that was not cut up, I was able to save most of it but did have some waste because it sat. That is now cut up and in the fridge.

Mom broke down the package of pepperoni I bought yesterday, the package we buy is $10, from that $10 package we get enough pepperoni to make 14 pizza, not bad.

We had some celery in the fridge I unpackaged and cut some of the ends off as they were starting to go and then I repacked what was left. Then I prepped for dinner as I know right now by the end of the day I am done and I did not want to get to the end of the day and not be able to get dinner made, so I grated Mozzarella and chopped Mushrooms and Onions. The Mushrooms were an old package so I sorted them as some were going and I did not want them to take the whole package. Lastly I cut up some baby carrots as later in the week I will making a dinner with roasted carrots on the side.

I still have some prep and other things to get done but tomorrow is another day. Tonight I will make Dinner, we are having pizza as use up some of the mushrooms, plus we had an open jar of Pasta Sauce to use up and we were already breaking down the new package of pepperoni. After dinner I will put on some Netflix and get some of my work done, won't get it all done tonight but will see what I can knock out.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wishing you all an Happy Halloween if I am not online tomorrow
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Barbis-what is the name company that makes mccafe -i would be contacting them as they would like to check the code etc .Is kerig where you bought them off of online?

Not sure if i would grind them .
    @coupongirl it didn't say who made the coffee but the contact number on the package belongs to Keurig. I thought that was strange as I was expecting Kraft foods or a similar manufacturer. They did want the expiry date, upc code and lot numer. I bought it for $19.99 at Fortinos locally.
    Last edited by barbis9; Sat, Oct 30th, 2021 at 06:27 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Keurig is connected to the McCafe beans-currently there is a McCafe VIP contest going on with specially marked packages but some online contesters have informed others that Keurig's e-mail addresses are either not accepting e-mails or responding to contest code queries.

About that piece of leather-does it look like it came off a strip or a work glove?
    @barbis9 No, I have not thought to check Giant Tiger for Ziploc bags. Thanks-I'll take a look tomorrow (which should be a mostly dry day for getting various errands done).

Finding the burger buns with jalapeno & cheddar too strong for my taste (eating the buns plain as a quasi-snack). I'm out of burgers and I still have some green grapes to finish.

Vacuumed most of my room (will finish one square metre section on Monday) and started to look through my containers to see if the missing key ring with a key is anywhere. I'd like some mysteries solved before the clock change next weekend.

Tonight's CHCH News had a segment about the Street Market for Vintage Clothes event taking place in the lower level of Square One (Mississauga's biggest mall). The prices for vintage seems steep but seeing shoppers looking through racks (must be near the food court) is bringing back happy shopping vibes. Event continues tomorrow: https://shopsquareone.com/events/the...at-square-one/
    One of the bright hooded sweatshirts from the 90s is about $3000! Might make some music fans really thrilled if clothes were brands represented by musicians of a certain period.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Health Canada recalls a certain child's princess costume over flammability issues:
    https://www.chch.com/princess-costum...lity-concerns/

What a teal pumpkin means in front of a house or if a treat-or-treater is carrying a blue pail signifies:
    https://www.chch.com/parenting-tips-...ive-halloween/

For print-your-own-lawn sign (ENG or FR) for accessible trick or treating home designations:
    https://www.treataccessibly.com/
    **If they aren't already gone, Kinder displays at select Sobeys in three regions have free flags you can get for treat accessibility designation.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sat, Oct 30th, 2021 at 09:04 PM.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I had an adventurous shop at RCSS today as the young man did not understand coupons so I did not get my PCO for cheese. So I did a return and rebuy at customer service. 7500 PCO is a lot to miss out on. It was a madhouse and then lots of new very young staff but he was super quick with the price matching so I am sure he will figure out coupons soon enough.
    I did a bit of raking today but I can certainly tell my trees were impacted by the Gypsy moth infestation, lot less to rake but not great for the tree canopy.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slow start to the morning, I remember rolling over in my sleep last night and waking up with my leg just throbbing. Today, it is just sore which is slowing me down, plus my back which was not happy being pushed yesterday.

Trying to push through and finish up some ingredient prep and decided on tonight's dinner. Originally I had planned for a Roast Chicken Dinner but now I am thinking maybe Roast Beef instead, I just cannot decide.

I also have a ton of apples I need to use up. I tried looking for some new recipes but nothing was jumping out at me. We shall see what happens.

I really just want to curl up on the couch today and binge watch some Netflix but still so much to get done around the house and this week is going to be insane at work. I am already overwhelmed with the week to come so I need to get as much done around the house as I can this weekend.

Happy Sunday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

yard work is done for the day.
    i need to clean a table .. ad let the person know its ready for pick up.

off to clean the kitchen shortly, and prepp supper. get laundry done.

its going to be a long week, i have a Early childhood ed summit, conferance all week. so it will be long, worth it.. but long lol.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I finally got my garlic planted. The sun has showed up for a moment so I spent sometime getting the gardens cleared. Then I am heading to Metro for this weeks deal. Metro is close so it’s not inconvenient to pop up in. Will check the flyer for any other deals and then a walk before dinner, I don’t want to be out with the trick or treaters tonight.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

October savings total $599.89

Coupons used - $207.32
    10% off Tuesday - $12.59
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks - $10
    PCO - NF - $120
    Air Miles -$60
    CO51 - $22.17
    Stuff Sold - $56
    Garden veggies - $10
    Contest wins - $100.71 (local coop)
    Tim Horton’s Wins - $1.10
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What an amazing month!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    October savings total $599.89

Coupons used - $207.32
    10% off Tuesday - $12.59
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks - $10
    PCO - NF - $120
    Air Miles -$60
    CO51 - $22.17
    Stuff Sold - $56
    Garden veggies - $10
    Contest wins - $100.71 (local coop)
    Tim Horton’s Wins - $1.10

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Have a good evening and night.Good week ,hope this week will be better than the last one....definatelly not my best week...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yay, no kid knocked on our door. Though this morning Bro and Mom were having the "what do we have to give as treats?" chat. I said WHAT??? and reminded Mom (in vain) that a few months ago, she wanted no Halloween and I told her I would not be up for doing it this year (courtesy of tap-dancing you know what cells). She accused me of making this up but we had the talk in spring.

I made myself do an afternoon walk to return most of my library materials (never got to finish F9 !) and enjoy the burst of fall colour splendour(trees, shrubs, chrysanthemums put into flower beds). One tree I loved for its corals and reds has shed about half of its leaves. Had a chat with fellow walker who was enjoying fall display from a bench. And she had a shopping cart, so of course we talked about carts too. Got my $100 Visa card (mostly spent-a gift item plus baby clothes and a toy for here), 2 cans returned, and put funds on my bus card plus bought two newspapers. When I got home, I intended to take a short rest break and head out again, but I did not go out on walk two.

Enjoyed tuna on cracked wheat with pickles and two sweet mugs of English Breakfast tea for supper. Earlier had 5 bars of Leclerc's Go Pure treats. I can't eat just one. Today, I bought coconut & pineapple but devoured the cherry bars. A few days ago, I had the raspberry ones and banana/strawberry bars.

Bay Days actually end TOMORROW so you still have a chance at deals plus free shipping(no min value if paying with Neo MC or min $35 if using other tender). Oh, I will be warming up my bus card tomorrow see what is in store but showing as not available locally. I have already advanced the calendars to November and would like a 2021 Butchart Gardens calendar as the images are so vivid and colourful (and make the wall above the tv monolith more appealing). Have to check for any Taco Bell offers-could have a chance to buy something to enjoy outside of the mall if I forget my passport for indoor dining.

Speaking of the 55" tv-it has 3 issues: tendency to blackout/freeze and need reset, occasional tendency to go to split-screen mode (in a strange way and it's not in the manual as a tv option), sometimes just dropping the Internet streaming connection and thus the channels have to be scanned in again). First issue started about 5 months after purchase and the other two issues started in September and October. Mind that if you are looking at TCL (yes, to handy ports on one side of tv) sets for your residence.

Joe Fresh provided a 20% off code that is good for many many days. Not sure if local Joe Fresh store near Lime Ridge will have my henley shirt. It was not seen at Main West Joe Fresh store a week ago-there was a pullover non-button version on the rack.

Mr. Wind has been really huffing and puffing in the past 30 minutes. What will land in the yard overnight?

Reminder to recycle your October coupons and look through November coupons (some have early expiries, not Nov. 30 end dates).
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One more week until the return to standard time.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sun, Oct 31st, 2021 at 11:57 PM.
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Thread Information