User Tag List

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Looks like my post from earlier didn’t work, so let’s try this again.

I taught 5 days this week and I’m booked for one teacher until October 19.

Today we bought 4 bar height stools for the new kitchen. We need to clean the leather seats. We also need to order protective rubber for the bottom metal bases in order to prevent them from damaging the floor. We were unable to buy it in town. We bought a twin bed frame with drawers under it for twin girl. Dh and I fixed the drawers. I’ll wash it tomorrow and then we can move it into her bedroom. All 3 of our children now have the similar type of twin bed frames.

I had Dh wrote down everything while I inventoried the chest freezer. I put a couple of boxes back into the bottom of the freezer to try and keep it organized. I’m looking for some meat sales, but that freezer is now fairly full.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Oct 9th, 2021 at 06:47 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i figured out the cassarole..

workig from the bottom.. gry, stuffing turkey, more gry carrots and corn mix ending with mashed potatoes. 1 for a meal, and 1 for the freexzer to see how it does .

i think it could go well.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We did our thanksgiving today. Everyone is double vaccinated and we kept our masks on while moving about the apartment. I will change up my menu this week as we took the ham and mashed potatoes and came home with leftovers so need a plan. Maybe fried rice one night and omelettes for lunch on Monday. I had a free yogurt offer from Sobeys and the last few times it was out of stock so I was pleased to find it before the offer expired. Especially because it was a 500 g tub of plain Greek yogurt which is my breakfast everyday.
    The weather looks good Sunday and Monday so I will likely go paddling at least one day and then I will call it a season as the lake is getting to cold.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Giseledta Sounds like you have the casserole/strata under control. Other inspirations (the turkey meatloaf muffins use ground meat but maybe turkey meat bits will do ok in the recipe) from Canadian Turkey under Leftovers:
    https://www.canadianturkey.ca/recipe...ory/leftovers/

Mom did not actually roast her turkey until late afternoon (which kind of threw me). I had warmed up the sliced turkey breast and sides and bread and gravy and just put them out on the set table for an early lunch on Saturday. No announcement, as I figured hungry family will spot the food and eat. Bro went for takeout, I ate alone (the peace was worthwhile) and Mom was miffed I did not inform her but once she knew she could lunch, she had some of the meal and found it palatable.

Just thrilled I had managed to leave the kitchen tidy Friday night. It helps the next person who has to cook there.

The Saturday rains-my sinuses and head (achy on one side) let me know there was plenty of it. By mid-afternoon, I had to nap (something I've managed to skip doing over the past couple of days). Everyone with a car left their car outside for the free wash? Will see how Sunday morning weather is as I want to see if I can photos printed and do some walking.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Woke up this morning to chirping from the smoke detector. Sigh, so I got a chair and climbed up with a replacement for the backup battery. And still it chirped. Was it a bad new battery? Loose connection? I shifted and re-connected and it kept chirping.

In frustration, I tried disconnecting the main power supply. And still it chirped! What the heck?!

Then I realized it wasn't the smoke detector, but rather the carbon monoxide detector near the ground. Sigh, what a waste of time. Serves me right for not checking it earlier.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I woke up at 4 am and honestly should have just gotten up. I went back to sleep and now I feel awful.

Trying to find my morning groove but I think it is missing today.

Maybe another cup of tea will help LOL.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

I dropped DS off at work and came into the office to finish some financial reports for month end. There is something good about working when no one else is- no emails or phone calls to deal with. I need to do this more often. This will make my Tuesday so much easier!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

The sun is finally out after 7 straight days of clouds and rain. I am going to clean up the planters that are most are dead, sweep the deck and then spend the day at the lake with a stop at Giant Tiger on my way home. Dinner will be leftovers. I hope those celebrating today have a great Thanksgiving.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I baked my apple crisp it smell awesome,I went to maxi and cie a few deals,will post in a moment
    Have an awesome day!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Maxi and cie,disclaimer I asked before to so separate transactions with quaker and nescafe but she said it was ok in 1 transaction

Nescafe @3,98$ minus 2,00$ coupons I purchased 5 containers and 4 000 pc points personal offer
    Red seedless grapes @0,98$ lbs
    4 x muffins mixes quaker @2,98$ minus 2,00$ (coupons from compagny they send me because I did not get my 2,00$ coupons from promo)=0,98$ each
    Krispies kernels nuts x2@5,58$ minus 2x 1,00$ coupons (go coupon printable) =4,48$ each bag
    And I have now enough points for a 10$ redemption next time

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Woke up this morning to chirping from the smoke detector. Sigh, so I got a chair and climbed up with a replacement for the backup battery. And still it chirped. Was it a bad new battery? Loose connection? I shifted and re-connected and it kept chirping.

In frustration, I tried disconnecting the main power supply. And still it chirped! What the heck?!
    Then I realized it wasn't the smoke detector, but rather the carbon monoxide detector near the ground. Sigh, what a waste of time. Serves me right for not checking it earlier.
    Fire Prevention Week just ended yesterday and one Burlington Firefighter wanted Twitter viewers to ask family and friends when they last checked if their smoke alarms worked. He had lost a friend whose alarm was not working. So good that you checked on your alarms today!

October is a good month to look at new alarms on sale if anyone has a faulty or expired alarm to replace. Don't forget batteries if your unit is not a sealed or wired one (but wired ones need backup batteries, right, when the power goes off?).

Consumer Reports Sept. 2021 mentioned a specific Kidde alarm that is recalled in the US. Don't know if that applies to Canada-the Canada insert is missing from the library's issue. (Just took a look at Health Canada's recall page-does not seem to a similar recall for the model mentioned.)
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sun, Oct 10th, 2021 at 02:36 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Require to get walking despite the flat gray sky outside. Have to see if Shoppers really did take out that photo kiosk-it was so convenient despite the photo print price hike from last year. It seems a bit cool outdoors, based on having a couple of windows open for half an hour. Am enjoying the lack of road traffic today-rare to have little road noise any day of the week. There should be more tree leaf colours to admire due to the chilly nights this week.

Watched one movie and got interrupted during second movie, so took it out and did something else.

Lunch-another plate of turkey and side dishes (goodbye kale, which is like a super-crispy parsley veg to me; did like how its green colour stayed fairly constant).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    G-I make turkey quesadillas with leftover turkey instead of chicken and serve with guac, sour cream and salsa. Really easy.
    I put it on my nachos as well with lots of cheese, sour cream, etc.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I had a rollercoaster afternoon.... I have major tooth pain and a stranger same familly name as me messaged me on facebook..the message said and show my brother name in a bank and unclaimed money amount....she said that she did research for her and then she saw that and retraced me...wow...but the thing if i cannot have this money ..I would have need for my tooths.because we refused the succession due to brother huge debts...so I am unhappy ,criying and kind of depress...not fun
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Fire Prevention Week just ended yesterday and one Burlington Firefighter wanted Twitter viewers to ask family and friends when they last checked if their smoke alarms worked. He had lost a friend whose alarm was not working. So good that you checked on your alarms today!

October is a good month to look at new alarms on sale if anyone has a faulty or expired alarm to replace. Don't forget batteries if your unit is not a sealed or wired one (but wired ones need backup batteries, right, when the power goes off?).

Consumer Reports Sept. 2021 mentioned a specific Kidde alarm that is recalled in the US. Don't know if that applies to Canada-the Canada insert is missing from the library's issue. (Just took a look at Health Canada's recall page-does not seem to a similar recall for the model mentioned.)
    Good reminder Ciel. We have the wired/lithium battery ones but they are both at the front of the house. We installed another lithium battery right outside of our primary bedroom for extra safety. Strange that they didn't have one installed in the main living area i.e. kitchen, fireplace etc. but all remedied now.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information