User Tag List

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1972Likes

Thread: November 2021 Frugal Chatter thread (& reading the weather skies)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @crafter Such a coincidence that your method of completing a small task of cleaning each day was embraced by me this morning. Well since my mind was racing ( could NOT sleep ) somewhere between 1 a.m. and 7 a.m. I decided the kitchen needed a major de-cluttering.

Like you, I set myself a small area to tackle, but..... sadly I did break a sweat. I found taking frequent breaks helped and self talk was a must to keep me focused and motivated.
    In the end I discovered that completing one area led to another until you can now actually SEE most of the counter areas in the kitchen. It was time.

DH's habit of dropping things ( containers of dental floss, small screwdrivers??, bags of Fisherman's Friend lozenges, his Ibuprofen! ) into empty mugs that I have on a lazy Susan is over!
    All of his " stuff " is in another location now.
    Of course I am perfect so there was nothing of mine in the the kitchen.....cough, cough....I lie.
    The main thing is now they've all been banished!

I get inspired to cook when things are newly clean, so decided I was going to make up the adorbs individual Steak and Mushroom meat pies that we will have on Christmas Eve. Freeze up good and solid my little Puff Pastry creations!

Good on you crafter for getting a new perspective on cleaning.....eventually all areas of the home will get better.
    Love your recounting of your kitchen "adventures" oh my we do have fun. I cracked up with your hubby's allocated floss "cubbies"..I noticed a similar phenomena going on at my parents house... when I noticed 4 containers of dental floss out in their living room... I realized that I might not be the only one in this realm with a "bad spot where food gets caught"

I'm really hoping that you get a full nights sleep with dreams of reorganizing fluffy towels and sheets in your linen cupboard (Yeah my linen cupboard is in need of rescuing).

Congrats on the cleaner kitchen

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    crafter-i have that mentality too ,at my age 62 ,just do a few chores or micro cleaning as you call it .Today i did 2 loads of laundry one i dried on the line .

I also did a load of towels for my dear daughter-in-law before she came home at 5.30 p.m .The granddaughter's were so excited to see us,so we played outside with them after i got them a snack after school .

Decided to treat ourselves to A&W on the way home from son's as i got coupons in the mail today .

WTG coupon girl, love your cleaning perspective and your nap priorities too. Nothing like a good power nap too cap it off before your girls got back. Bravo

Oh and i was tired this afternoon at 3.00 p.m at my son's so went up and feel asleep in ashlyn's double comfy bed for a half hour nap before the girls got off the bus at 3.45.p.m.
    WTG coupon girl, love your cleaning perspective and your nap priorities too. Nothing like a good power nap too cap it off before your girls got back. Bravo

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All this talk about counterspace-I can dream but the reality is that the metal/plastic/ceramic/wicker comes back like a hard blob with no energy to move along. Having overhanging cupboards over the counter presents a real issue when making a dough or kneading a dough as my head bends forward-can bump it on the upper doors. My hands keep catching the bottom edge of shelving too. Hurts like heck to have a gash on a finger while mixing something in a bowl.We really could use a portable cart with counter top in the alcove if the fridge was not already using it. That wooden pantry unit takes up space sorely needed for other things. Not much flow going on in the kitchen.

OK, decided to lump it-my refund never came back onto VISA card, don't know what two people were thinking telling me the refund was processed. As long as that money was on my loyalty card, I had the store credit (money I could not spend elsewhere) to use on something in the store. Two packages of discounted pasta shells and a pop plus 32 cents extra and credit is used. Have cut up my loyalty card and tag. Decided to look at baby cereal-whoa, over $4 a box. Found the Milk calendars at the entrance and took one home with me.

Tonight, went after 8pm to beer store only to find that it closed at 8pm. Popped into Fortinos for coupons and a look for more clearance baby cereal-none seen. Regular priced cereal is $3.79 there. Guess I had lucked out when I found the 50% off rice carrot pumpkin cereal over a week ago-so good. Surplus store does not have that flavour so I will look at other stores to see if the discontinued flavour might be for sale on a shelf. Good news-Fortinos has removed the crowd control tapes-now we can choose our checkout lanes again (hurrah!).

Value Village Super Savers-Wed is the start of the 30% off clothing, shoes and accessories private sale. I also received a 30% off coupon good until Nov.11 for any department any item up to $10 in value. Would need $$ to get that lamp if it's still on the sales floor.

Mr. Wind has been mischievous. He blew so many leaves from two trees everywhere. I need to corral them in the morning (very early if I hope to make the collection crew rushing through before 7:30am for yard waste).

Hamilton could see snowshowers by the weekend. Are we ready for them? Sidewalks have leaf litter and branches...snow shovels need hauling out soon.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up with a horrible headache this morning and it just does not seem to want to ease up. Trying to push through and get through my work day but it is only 8 am.

Yesterday I was up and out long before the sun was up. I was on the road by 5:30 am and spent the day in an out of town branch.

On the way home I stopped and grabbed some groceries:
    4 x Dish Soap $1.97
    3 x Peanut Butter $3.98
    1 x Pineapple $1.69
    1 x Avocado 6-pack $1.69
    1 x Limes 3lb $3.97
    1 x Almond Milk $2.97 - PM No Frills
    2 x Flour 10 kg $8.77 - PM No Frills

I had planned to also stop at Food Basics but after a long day in the car I was starting to feel it so I just came home. My plan for today is go after work but it will depend on this headache as so far it is easing off.

Kind of annoyed, I was feeling so good yesterday but today I just want to go back to bed with a heat pack on my face LOL.

Happy Tuesday everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@crafter I cannot remember if it was in here or What's for Dinner but you mentioned the price of lettuce, YUP.

Last time I was at Superstore they had raised their price to $6.99 for the 6-pack so I passed.

When I went to Costco they did not have any Romaine. I was going to go to a different Costco on the way home but I had to choose Costco or Superstore, depending which store I wanted to go to depending on the route I took home, I choose Superstore.

I was going to buy the 6-pack at Superstore yesterday but the price had gone up again to $7.99 so I passed.

Thinking it is time to give up the salads and move to frozen veggies. they are a better deal right now. Will supplement with a few fresh ones here and there.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @crafter I cannot remember if it was in here or What's for Dinner but you mentioned the price of lettuce, YUP.

Last time I was at Superstore they had raised their price to $6.99 for the 6-pack so I passed.

When I went to Costco they did not have any Romaine. I was going to go to a different Costco on the way home but I had to choose Costco or Superstore, depending which store I wanted to go to depending on the route I took home, I choose Superstore.

I was going to buy the 6-pack at Superstore yesterday but the price had gone up again to $7.99 so I passed.

Thinking it is time to give up the salads and move to frozen veggies. they are a better deal right now. Will supplement with a few fresh ones here and there.
    Yep, it's getting way too expensive. Luckily, I have 3 aerogarden's and I think I'll focus on growing romaine and mixed greens until the spring. Here's what aerogardens look like they are pretty easy to use and provide nice bright light in the winter. https://www.aerogarden.com/blog/its-...-salad-greens/
    (I also have blank pods so I can use my own lettuce seeds in some)

Have a great day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just went to a local store "zarky's" i noticed the deli meat up in price ,the lettuce $3.99,romaine i paid $ 3.99 for a large one ,grapes were on sale 1.99 a pound same as barlett pears 1.99.I managed to get 2 chicken breasts reduced to 3.50 as they expire in a day,so froze those .

Over all noticed increases .I did get a quarter of a watermelon for 2.99 so that was a good price .Still i spent 55.00 which was a lot cheaper than sobeys or fortinos .So now i may not get groceries this week,just milk or bread.

I have my girlfriend coming for a visit after her work at 3.00 so i bought a lemon loaf for us as a treat with our coffee and tea.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This sinus migraine is here today stay today. It will ease a little and then come right back.

Decide I would put Balsamic Chicken Breasts in the Slow Cooker and will roast some Asparagus, Mash some Butternut Squash and reheat some leftover Roasted Potatoes and call it dinner.

Looking at my freezer we need to do a meat shop, not sure that will happen this week, probably not but we will see.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all
    posted a few things on a dc buy and sell site. doinga purge.

waiting on blk friday sales. and RCSS this week ... i am dreaming of a bonus point kitchen or toy event...

finally got my glasses.. they needed to redo teh lens... sigh..

supper is in the oven and i am .. relaxing tonight. need some calm in my soul .
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Received the SDM Tuesday offer Spend $60 get 20,000 points. I haven't done a points offer forever since the sales never seem to line up.
    Went to take a look at the clearance section and found an advent sippy cup for the baby of family for $2 and Colgate Advance toothpaste 120 ml expire June 2023 for $1 ( the 70ml was selling for $4.99) so grabbed 8 since I have some at home.
    Then thought I should do the offer since some frozen food DS likes was on sale and spending $60 and getting $20 in points is pretty good.

So I got:
    $2 sippy cup (add to Christmas bag for baby)
    $8 ( 8 toothpaste)
    2.99 x 2 OJ
    $10.99 Meatballs (received 1600 pc pts)
    $10.99 honey garlic wings
    $10.99 honey garlic boneless wings
    $11.99 Leadbetters 12pk burger patties

Spent $62.24 Received 22,500 in points. That's better then take out food for not a bad price!! We will get lots of meals from that and can be lazy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I recently learned that my teaching contract is being back dated to Oct 12, which is the first day that I filled in for this extended medical leave. That means that once the paperwork has been processed I will be able to submit dental and prescription receipts for refunds on what we have already paid out of pocket during this time period.

Tonight is student led conferences, so it’s a 12hr day at the school for me. Report card marks and comments are due this Friday. It’ll certainly be a busy week.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Nov 9th, 2021 at 06:46 PM.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 7 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My girlfriend and i walked and talked for 25 minutes ,then had tea /coffee fresh grapes ,watermelon and a lemon loaf slice .Such a nice visit i havent seen her since july.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Busy week for me too.cannot wait to the week end! and I have 2 appointement too in top of that...one for personnal one for my tooths in another city hope it will be okaie. I am stressed.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

got my sample source boxe today
    I HAVE 2 fpcs coupons I receive in the mail with compliments for welchs fruits snack but I checked maxi,metro and iga they dont seems to carry it..hum...

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

oh and I noticed qc flyers are not posted by coupon lady since 2 weeks,,,hope she is okaie...I check on reebee anyway but still handy
    have a good night

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information