User Tag List

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 Happy Birthday to your DH
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slept in a little bit this morning, jus after 7 am. Was not my plan but I am trying to roll with things right now and live more in the now vs what is next.

I do have some stuff I need to get done for work, it needs to be done before we reopen and I did not get it done before we shut down.

Yesterday all I got done was cleaning the kitchen. So today I need to try to tackle a few things. First will be the pantry, I have a bunch of leftover Christmas stuff I did not use that needs to find a home and some groceries we picked up before Christmas I did not get put away. I will work from there.

I am trying to be more realistic with myself and be happy with what I get done. I will be honest I had all of these plans for Shut Down and all of these things I was going to get done but so far other than Christmas Prep. none has gotten done. Instead of freaking out and trying to get everything done in the next few days I am re evaluating and being realistic on what I can get done. I do not want to end Shutdown exhausted.

Happy Tuesday everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 I have been off swag bucks for almost a year, I bought a new laptop and just did not bother to log in as I was earning so few points. 35000 points is awesome.
    I have almost enough Caddle and Check out 51 to cash out so I am going to do the surveys on Caddle and submit receipts both of these I never do. I needed a few things at SDM and they had some good deals for my Christmas envelopes so I was able to earn 30000 PCO on a 80.00 shop.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My mom brought surplus apples and garlic that she got through Flashfood in Saskatoon. The garlic is sprouting, so I’m thinking about growing some in my East facing kitchen window. We installed a grow light in that windowsill a month ago. I also want to grow some lettuce from seed. I already have green onions growing in a cup. I’ll also try growing tomatoes from seed in a couple of months. It would be cheaper and I can hopefully avoid getting the wrong variety of tomatoes this year. I had trouble with getting mislabelled tomato plants from my vender at the farmer’s market.

I’m also going to grow a jar of alfalfa sprouts.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! I slept in till 10! I needed it. Heated up homefries and bacon in the airfryer and made eggs and toast for breakfast.
    More for tomorrow so will make DS breakfast to use it up.

I need to run the dishwasher. We are out of plates and spoons! Not bad since it is full from Christmas day brunch.
    Think I will toss a load in the washer then go out for a bit and get my steps in.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i went out for a 25 minute walk ,fresh air felt sooo good.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Slept in a little bit this morning, jus after 7 am. Was not my plan but I am trying to roll with things right now and live more in the now vs what is next.

I do have some stuff I need to get done for work, it needs to be done before we reopen and I did not get it done before we shut down.

Yesterday all I got done was cleaning the kitchen. So today I need to try to tackle a few things. First will be the pantry, I have a bunch of leftover Christmas stuff I did not use that needs to find a home and some groceries we picked up before Christmas I did not get put away. I will work from there.

I am trying to be more realistic with myself and be happy with what I get done. I will be honest I had all of these plans for Shut Down and all of these things I was going to get done but so far other than Christmas Prep. none has gotten done. Instead of freaking out and trying to get everything done in the next few days I am re evaluating and being realistic on what I can get done. I do not want to end Shutdown exhausted.

Happy Tuesday everyone
    @SassyAshley exactly the best way to wind yourself down....perfect solution. Of course that work stuff will need to get done before reopening but the other stuff? Say bye bye to it for now.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned out part of the freezer.
    Dinner tonight is pasta with sauce (pulled from freezer ) Crusty bread (sent home from my sister) and salad.
    DS has lots of pumpkin pie to eat. My sister sent us home with lots.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had a porch pick up 2 days ago for $6. I sold the plug ins from the Lysol cleaning kits I bought since we don't use them. I have $93 saved from porch pickups the last while (not really posting stuff for sale now) I am debating buying more as it is a good deal and I will use the dishwasher tabs, cleaner, lysol spray and wipes.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Dec 28th, 2021 at 02:39 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This morning did not go as planned. We found out a few days ago that some family members may have been exposed. So far rapid tests were coming back negative but a family member started showing symptoms. So a few of us spent the morning online constantly refreshing to get PCR tests booked. Everyone who needs one has been booked.

The pantry has been tidied. Everything has been picked up off the floor and is on the shelves and homes have been found for everything. I had some potatoes I needed to put away. I have to be honest the last few times I got potatoes from No Frills or RCSS the potatoes were hit a miss so this time I bought 2 at Food Basics a different brand and 2 from No Frills. To my surprise the No Frills ones are by far better this time. I am not worried they will all get used before they go bad but surprised.

I did a load of no Fabric Softener laundry to wash all of our reusable cleaning clothes and drying mats. I bought some new drying mat during Pre-Black Friday, I liked this package as it came with 3 different size mats. As well last time I was at the Dollar Store I grabbed more Microfibre cloths. Everything has been washed and I rearranged under our Kitchen sink and put a bin there with our drying mats and cleaning clothes.

Just unboxed and washed up the new bread machine as we are going to make homemade pizza for dinner. I really wanted to try out the new Bread Machine which is why I choose pizza. This one has a double hook which should be interesting. I have high hopes for this bread machine, I choose it because it has a 2 year warranty and our old broke just short of 2 years but that one only had a 1 year warranty.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Part of our street did not have garbage cans at the curb for the earlier than usual collection today but most got their recycling bins out in time. Kept one coupon offer and got rid of the others since they are not for products I buy. Check your coupons-there could be odd dates like Dec. 29 or 30 expiry dates instead of Dec.31 on them.

Ms. Sunshine has been hiding most of the day. The sky looks grey and overcast, like it's hiding snow or rain.

One thing I appreciated today-about 95% of addresses in two older planners and on random paper are now in the new address book that came with the planner I have to date by myself (2022 is not a leap year-yay!). I just shredded my 2020 planner and will review some book/movie notes from 2021 before shredding it. Have a list of birthdays on one page at back of calendar section as well. Discovered that I still have 3 blue retractable pens and a few black retractable pens in my stationery basket. Thought I had run out of blue when my "last" blue pen ran out of ink on Sunday. Just pleased, as I really am not in the mood to spend money on pens--other needs have priority.

Have to update my list of passwords. Changed my e-mail passwords and Yahoo wants 12 characters now. That was overdue. Also will tidy up files on USB stick and see if I can load some photos on the digital photo frame that I've mostly ignored for months.

Potatoes-the organic ones that Mom bought have been a mixed bag of good and bad potatoes. Seems I have grey/black bits in almost every sheet pan of roasted potatoes, even if I cut out exterior and interior sections that looked off. The taste has been disappointing.

Bro brought a dozen Tim Horton donuts today-I was craving chocolate last night with my tea but there was no chocolate. So a sugar fest have been enjoyed today and I'm making certain to drink water as well.

Dinner-cooked pasta or lentils with something. Discovered the forgotten plum sauce packets from the takeout were in the same bag with fortune cookies. Sauce will be used up in a pantry surprise dish soon for flavour.

Surprised but realized it's necessary now: morning show had headlines that GO Vaxx bus clinics now require appointments. I wonder if the Hamilton portal shows the bus dates and appointments, as our city is not using the Ontario portal for vaccination bookings. City Hall will host the bus tomorrow but stressed the appointment protocol applies now. (Last week's bus stop in Freelton saw hundreds of people line up early for the bus and some social media debates about locals vs out of area residents raged among other things about that clinic visit.) *Update-must call the toll-free Ontario booking number for a bus appt now. Per Twitter posts I found online.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Tue, Dec 28th, 2021 at 04:55 PM.
    ROMEO, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I was a little down today-i feel i have situational depression plus anxiety (yes it is such a thing) as i am tired ,no energy and my sleep is not great .As hubby and i went for a walkin the sun i wanted to wear a mask ,he told me we dont need to as we were on a wide path outside .

I know i am not my usual self as i just have my sheets in the dryer now ,i wanted to start a puzzle but didnt ,didnt feel like making supper etc.I think it is all due to the fact i didnt see anybody for xmas this year or last .No i dont wish to go to my doctors either ,as this is temporary for sure.

We did chat on zoom with our granddaughters just now and ashlyn sang "somewhere over the rainbow"and cara tried too,so that made me laugh.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

it is a quiet boring hollidays for me ...
    ROMEO, barbis9 and lizzie bargain like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

and I realize I have no ''real friends....that depress me... 2 persons I taught friends are not...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**HUGS** to everyone who needs one.
    Angela273, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information