User Tag List

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1695Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter 2022

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. today .. i need to do DC prep .. Monday is V day party... and Tuesday is PJ day for ChildCan . both should be fun.

also .. work on my courses a bit.. and laundry.. so much laundry... lol.
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ugh I just wrote out a long post and lost it lol

the short- I had been eyeing up these large frozen bags of Marc Angelo products at RCSS (10 precooked burgers and not cooked 20 pk sausage) Reg price $12 ( I'm sure price will go up!!) but are on sale this week for $10. DS tried the burgers and said they were good. I bought the sausage for him to try. If he likes I am stocking him up for the rest of the year (something great to have in summer for him to bbq when he has a few friends over)

I also picked up multigrain flat bread to make a pizza for lunch (30% off so $1.88) and use up the pasta sauce and the cut up peppers/mushrooms and onions from my omelette prep the start of the week. Somebody opened my mozz cheese for lasagna so will use that for the pizza and I grabbed another for $3.99 at No frills for lasagna later this week.

Now I should sort some laundry and put a load on.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think I have a meal plan just mulling it over to see if it will happen LOL.

I am struggling a little bit right now as Mom is in one of those phases were certain foods really bother her. I think it is the lack of a gallbladder. But right now she doesn't want peppers, tomatoes, salad and I want to find meals both of us can have so we are not cooking 2 meals. We have cooked 2 meals before but with only two people in the house it is not ideal.

It does not help that I do not know my schedule for this week, we are off lockdown at work so I am able to go into branches again and I was supposed to be going into 2 different branches this week. But I found out one if short staffed so I am waiting to hear back if I am still going there, holding off, what?

I think I have come up with a good balance, I have a slow cooker meals, a quick stir fry, a couple household favourites that Mom could start. Mom will make Wings and BBQ Chunks for me but she doesn't really use the Air Fryer so I could just make the Homemade Air Fryer Fries when I get home, if I am in a branch.

Plus there may be days I am not home and Mom just cooks. But I like to be prepared if that does not happen. She has been in a lot of pain lately and last week there were a few nights she made dinner but she needed help near the end as she couldn't stand anymore.

I am such a planner, I like to have options no matter what happens.
    harbie, barbis9 and walkonby like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late evening everyone!!! Yep ready or not !!! another week will begin shortly.
    Managed to do a part of my grocery and laundry today.
    Wanted some chickens wings at maxi and cie but the Flamingo announced where cleared out so I pmed the Cage aux Sports ones at 6,99$ pm super C.This week chicken wings are in special everywhere but difficult to be founded with SuperBowl now...and of coarse no sour cream..cleared shelve

I have a bit on a menu planning for 3 meals I would like to try new recepies or change of routine but i dont know if that will happen...
    got 7 700 pc points so with the last time points I will be able to redeem 10$ next time.I find very difficult to built my points because I dont go often to SDM

Yep 94$ oop for grocery and I feel I have nothing..only 3 kind of meat and 1 cheese others things are random...that is ridiculous..

I admire @SassyAshley focusing on her work and multi task ,menu planning..I would love to have that much energy..any tips haha
    I retalked to my childhood friend and I had the feeling we start to not be at the same point in our life and go far away each other..so since i dont have ..like friends...time to another coffee this week to maintain the contact not just on fb...lol

Alright time to prepare my week...Have a good evening and night.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

and I hope to see a post from @Ciel21 soon...
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Anyone have plans for Valentine's Day tomorrow...me no hahah
    Purchased a nice box of chocolate for father and I and I did not find cinnamon hearts candy checked 3 places...maybe it is so popular or unpopular now ? lol
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Got a few things done today.

Pineapple is chopped and ready for snacking

Carrots & Celery chopped for a slow cooker recipe

Celery washed, broken down, and packaged

Cheddar, Mozzarella and Parmesan all grated and ready for the week.

Dinner tonight was BBQ Chicken Caesar Wraps for me, Wings for Mom and we both had Homemade Air Fryer Fries.

Kitchen is cleanish, the pan from dinner is soaking and need to wash the air fryer, I will wash both in the morning.

Took an hour and organized my work to-do-list for the week, I find doing this helps me get a good start to my week. Something above diving right in on a Monday morning always feels productive.

Turns out the Pretzels I made yesterday were a hit. I was not sure, Mom is not always the biggest fan of Pretzel so I wasn't sure if she would eat them. But she had about a 1/4 of them for a snack last night and I got a "do we have stuff to make more of these?"
    harbie, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007, sometimes things go as planned some times they do not.

I am someone who craves organization, routines and all of those things but those things do not fit in my life. Plans constantly change, things constantly do not go as planned but all I can do is try my best.

But I also know saying these words do not mean much. I have my bad days like everyone else.

Real life here, I was in tears Friday night, I was stressed, overwhelmed, my anxiety kicked in and I crumbled.

I am trying my best, I do not have all the answers, all I can do is try to do what is best for me. I do not have all the answers, I wish I did, I still struggle with balance, my life is 90% work, 8% sleep and 2% to everything else. It is a work in process but I do feel like 2022 could be my year.
    harbie, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

thank you so much for your reply @SassyAshley
    Wishing you a very good week
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My apologies if I am not posting in the right section but guys...like how many offers you have on your pc card each week? Before I had like 10 and now I barrely get 4 and no products I use,.,Is that normal..is that a pc problem I could talk in the chat...thanks

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I dont know if I have the right to post this here since it is not sc related please feel free to delete if this is the case I am sorry.
    Be aware if you make trades in others groups like the fb one ....coast to coast have beeing hacked..I found it because I wondered while I did not saw anymore post..so I searched for it ..another group same name is formed

And we are due for another top box perfume sample haha seems like a lot of time since «i found one..

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    My apologies if I am not posting in the right section but guys...like how many offers you have on your pc card each week? Before I had like 10 and now I barrely get 4 and no products I use,.,Is that normal..is that a pc problem I could talk in the chat...thanks
    It’s not just you. I have had 4 offers I saved and then 4 new offers for stuff I never buy, this has been the last few weeks.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Monday Everyone,

I have not noticed a drop in the number of offers but I do find I am getting more for SDM and for items I do not buy. Actually funny this came up as I was just discussing with co-workers, one co-worker - single female got an offer for Rogan. As well I had a week where I got all baby stuff and wondered if PC knew something I did not LOL. I do find the majority of my offers are either No Name products or things I bought last week, I do not seem to have the rotation I used to have.

Sleep, oh how I miss sleep. Last night was probably the worst night so far, if I am lucky I got about 4 hours of sleep and that is only because I slept in until almost 7 am. I really wish I knew what was throwing my sleep off as this is starting to get really annoying.

Not sure of my plan for dinner yet. Originally I was thinking Smoothened Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy but then I was thinking Potato Soup. But then I remembered I was going to make a Slow Cooker Soup tomorrow and it has Potatoes in so thinking soup is out. Maybe Mom will have a craving.

Need to empty the Dishwasher and wash a couple of hand dishes I did not do last night.

That is as far out as I can think right now. I just need to push through today and *fingers-crossed* I sleep tonight.

Happy Monday Everyone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy V day and Monday!!

BRRRR! -20 this morning before 8am drive to school. Sun has been shining all morning but I think it is suppose to be -12 today.

I did 0 laundry this past weekend. Maybe tomorrow night. I have been wearing the same sweatshirt since Friday lol I will wear it again tomorrow

Thinking Shrimp/steak/ baked potato/asparagus and ceaser salad for dinner! Have everything on hand to make it happen
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I did 0 laundry this past weekend. Maybe tomorrow night. I have been wearing the same sweatshirt since Friday lol I will wear it again tomorrow
    Turn it inside out and you have another week.
    harbie and barbis9 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information