User Tag List

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1695Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter 2022

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Sportcheck.ca is having a one day sale today. Free shipping over $99. I spent $101 before tax on good quality hoodies/jackets. Hiking gear
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Not much planned today. It’s my day off and the weather is dreary again so not really interested in doing anything outside. Probably just check on my garden and my tulips.

The only project that needs doing is to reorganize the pantry but unfortunately that’s a 2 person job. It’s one of those huge Costco racks so definitely a 2 person job!

I will be taking my first live fitness class today and I’m pumped. Other than that I will just do another ride and stretching.

Not sure about dinner. Need some inspo so I’ll check out some of my cookbooks while I sip on a coffee.

We majorly stocked up on unico beans& lentils yesterday. Freshco had them for 97c so we got 7 flats of 12 each. We are fully stocked and for a long time. I was down to my last 8 cans so I’m thankful for the sale plus last time they were on for $1 so even cheaper this time which is surprising but good.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    We majorly stocked up on unico beans& lentils yesterday. Freshco had them for 97c so we got 7 flats of 12 each. We are fully stocked and for a long time.
    Ahahha, and here I thought that I must be the only one who would buy so many at the same time. Nice to know that I'm in good company.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Went into one of our branch's this morning to work with some staff on a few things. On my way home I went to the store, my goal was to spend about $30 but I found some good deals and spent $50, I got:

1 x Naturally Imperfect Mushroom - grrr back up to $4.49
    4 x Zucchini $0.99/lb
    1 x Cauliflower $1.88 (PM Food Basics)
    2 x Asparagus $1.88/bndl (PM Food Basics)
    1 x Lemons 2lb $3.99
    **I got 4000 points for the combo of Cauliflower, Lemons & Asparagus
    3 x Potatoes 10lb $1.49
    6 x Whole Wheat Tortillas $1 WUB 2 or more
    2 x Vinegar $1.25 WUB 2 or More
    1 x Bleach $2.99 (PM Food Basics)
    4 x Velotine $2.99
    2 x Garden Cocktail $0.99
    2 x Old Fashion Oats $2.49
    1 x Milk

I had not planned to get the:
    Velotine but it was on sale and it never goes on sale normally I buy when I get a points off, no points (I will get that offer next week) but I could not pass up seeing them on sale
    Tortilla - I did not realize they were on sale and we needed more whole wheat to make Enchiladas
    Asparagus - Normally NF sells by the lb so I did not think I could Price Match and then combined with the points offer, yippee another veggie option
    Cauliflower - Another veggie option and it gave me the 4th production for the bonus points, I was going to get 3 asparagus but this is better

There were some empty spaces I noticed well shopping but most were sale items which even without supply chain issues this can happen this close to the sale ending. For example they had no white Tortillas. I also noticed they were very low on coffee creamers, I only noticed as it was a big empty section in dairy section when I was grabbing milk.

Now to start all over tomorrow, the new flyers will be available tomorrow to see if there is anything we need to stock up on.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

A bit of an eventful afternoon. I get home I hauled in the groceries, not that I bought a lot but it was heavy so I had to take a couple of trips. Mom was putting away the groceries well I took the garbage out. I came in and went to help her and her knee did something funny, she said it did not pop or crack but all of a sudden she could not bear weight on that leg as it caused her so much pain.

She tried to walk to the couch but could not make it as once she was in the living room there is nothing to hold onto to get the couch. So we have this little stool on wheels Mom used to use when she did nails back when I was a little, we still have it. So I got the stool and we managed to wheel her to couch. She has iced it and it still hurt a bit but she can bear weight on it again.

Tonight's dinner, not on my meal plan because we did not have Tortillas but last night Mom suggested enchiladas and was a bit disappointed when I pointed out we did not have Tortillas. So since I got Tortillas, thank you No Frills sale, we will make Enchiladas tonight.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So sorry to hear this about your mom. As a bad-knees person myself, I might suggest that she have some good support under her knees while lying down. The ice is a good idea. And Bailys, lol. Good luck...hope it gets better soon.
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I jut realized our Tangerine account has a 2% interest offer until the end of June so the emergency fund is getting moved over, its no a lot of interest but it all adds up.
    Dinner tonight is a veggie lasagna that has been languishing in the freezer with the 99 cent garlic bread from No Frills. Not everyone is a fan of the veggie lasagna but we are still in eat from the freezer mode so its time. The garlic bread on the other hand is a huge hit.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I haven’t been booked to teach the last three days. I taught Mon-Th last week, all out of town.

Still no calls for work, but I tried to make the best of it. I went to WM this morning and scored lots of super fresh apples for $0.18/lb. I submitted the receipt for an apple rebate on websaver.ca. I took pictures of my trade coupons and posted them in a Facebook group.

This afternoon I made healthy banana oatmeal cookies. Home made chicken vegetable soup for supper. Another large apple crisp is in the oven. Ds helped me make it after he got home from school.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    So sorry to hear this about your mom. As a bad-knees person myself, I might suggest that she have some good support under her knees while lying down. The ice is a good idea. And Bailys, lol. Good luck...hope it gets better soon.
    harbie, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Went into one of our branch's this morning to work with some staff on a few things. On my way home I went to the store, my goal was to spend about $30 but I found some good deals and spent $50, I got:

1 x Naturally Imperfect Mushroom - grrr back up to $4.49
    4 x Zucchini $0.99/lb
    1 x Cauliflower $1.88 (PM Food Basics)
    2 x Asparagus $1.88/bndl (PM Food Basics)
    1 x Lemons 2lb $3.99
    **I got 4000 points for the combo of Cauliflower, Lemons & Asparagus
    3 x Potatoes 10lb $1.49
    6 x Whole Wheat Tortillas $1 WUB 2 or more
    2 x Vinegar $1.25 WUB 2 or More
    1 x Bleach $2.99 (PM Food Basics)
    4 x Velotine $2.99
    2 x Garden Cocktail $0.99
    2 x Old Fashion Oats $2.49
    1 x Milk

I had not planned to get the:
    Velotine but it was on sale and it never goes on sale normally I buy when I get a points off, no points (I will get that offer next week) but I could not pass up seeing them on sale
    Tortilla - I did not realize they were on sale and we needed more whole wheat to make Enchiladas
    Asparagus - Normally NF sells by the lb so I did not think I could Price Match and then combined with the points offer, yippee another veggie option
    Cauliflower - Another veggie option and it gave me the 4th production for the bonus points, I was going to get 3 asparagus but this is better

There were some empty spaces I noticed well shopping but most were sale items which even without supply chain issues this can happen this close to the sale ending. For example they had no white Tortillas. I also noticed they were very low on coffee creamers, I only noticed as it was a big empty section in dairy section when I was grabbing milk.

Now to start all over tomorrow, the new flyers will be available tomorrow to see if there is anything we need to stock up on.
    re empty shelves - we may have more due to the truck blockage of the Ambassador bridge, which thankfully has cleared.
    harbie, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today was just kind of one of those days. I forgot to mention, we got some snow last night so big deal, I cleared my car off, got in went to turn on the wipers and they just made a really weird noise. I thought maybe there was so ice so I went a scrapped the windshield and tried again. This time no noise no nothing, crap, I pondered if I should take Mom's car but it is short drive and I would talk to Dad when I got there, maybe one of our mechanics could check the fuse.

Dad was not in the office so I was just going to come home but when I came out of the office I noticed some ice around the base of the wiper arm. I broke it off cleared it out but figured the damage was done, to my surprise they worked, yippee.

I have really have been thinking about house projects and things we can get done. The big ones on my to-do-list right now are:
    Replace Kitchen Faucet, I found one on sale I like just need to go pick up

Replace the railing on the upstairs stairs, the screws are stripped and 2 fell out, one on the bottom connection, one on the top connection

Bookcase for Cookbooks in the hallway, this way we can move what we are keeping to this bookcase and turn the bookcases in the Living Room into Mom's craft storage. Mom mentioned maybe we should consider the basement again but that is not realistic, to put her craft room in the basement would cost lost of $$$. We need to replace the flooring, replace the lighting, add more heating and add a bathroom, we do not have the $$$ for that so living room it is. At some place I would like to build a custom workstation in our dining room with tons of storage and a large worktop but that is a later project as it is not part of my current house stuff budget.

Paint both hallways, the main floor and the top floor. We discussed it today and both agree on a light/barely grey colour. We want to keep it light as there is no a lot of light in the main floor hallway and we want both to be the same colour. We have not painted since we moved in and right now the downstairs hallways is a bluey/green and the upstairs is a blush colour, neither are our colours.

I have a set amount I am willing to spend so I will see how far that gets us. If there is any left I will go from there. There is no lack of things to be done but right now my main concern is staying on budget.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

A very good to earlier morning to everyone!!! Ugh I have difficulties with my sleep...Hope the day with life project will pass quickly and I will probably take a nap after that haha.The nights are still cold like now it is -14 degres but it heat up during the days per chance. @SassyAshley: awesome grocery shop

Covid rapid tests was distributed yesterday with life project father already have his but not me so great they do that.

Like I said before in another post it is perseverance week with life project ,yesterday we wrothe on little paper hands what are our goals and motivation in life for life project it was very interessting
    Today we have a activity outdoors at break with hot chocolate and snacks should be fun

Ha wenesday just the morning to be done and we will got half of the week done.
    Have a awesome day
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Feb 16th, 2022 at 06:49 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump Day! We are expecting rain later today and then snow and freezing rain. Lovely!

As soon as I got home from work last night I started cleaning. All the laundry to the laundry room and started on that. All the clean stuff put away. Cleaned one bathroom. Had DS empty the dishwasher. Then I cleaned the kitchen. We felt like homemade mac and cheese but no Old cheese (I thought I had some) so digged in the freezer and found a large package of beef tortilini. So that was dinner and there are leftovers in the fridge for DS when he gets home from school. And 1 big thing out of the freezer! Cleaned the kitchen after dinner and continued on the laundry. Felt good getting all that done.

I think I will take a roast out of the freezer tonight and either pop it in the slow cooker in the morning or prep it so its ready for the oven and DS can pop it in. Will make mashed potatoes, gravy and a bunch of asparagus since we have 2 that need to be used.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Just work today. That’s good I guess because it means I earn $$$ and don’t spend any $$$. That’s a frugal win .

Have a great day everyone!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Hoping for a calmer day today.

Yesterday with everything else going on I did get to empty the dishwasher and reload but do still have a couple of hand dishes to get done.

I thought about going out tonight to look at some stuff for the house but will depend on the weather, right now it is quite windy and we are supposed to get some rain that could turn to freezing rain and than snow. Maybe just some cleaning instead.

Still gotta figure out dinner, after my shop yesterday and getting some surprise sales, I feel like I have too many options and cannot decide LOL.

I have not checked next week sales yet. I do not feel like we need anything but fresh stuff and if there is anything on sale I can stock up on. I really do feel like the key to this year is stocking up when you see the sale as you do not know when the next sale will come.

Happy Wednesday Everyone, we are halfway there
    barbis9, lilo0003 and cath007 like this.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information