User Tag List

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1872Likes

Thread: March 2022 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day!

Since I didn't go to the laundromat last night I went this morning after dropping DS off at school. So happy to have the bath mats clean now. They are hanging to dry on my closet doors

We are heading to Toronto this afternoon for the night since my son's band is wrapping up there tour tonight and we are all going down and staying the night Grandma is taking care of niece and dogs

So lots to get done this morning on top of work! Have laundry in the washer and dryer Lots folded and ready to be put away
    Will empty the dishwasher and wash the few dishes in the sink. Leave the house clean so we come home to a clean house
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off to the dump to get my 2 free blue bins (you have to call and get a code to take in ) then we will take our bottles and cardboard as we wont be home this friday .I missed recycling for 2 weeks now .

Son just told me when we watch the girls for 2 nights it will also be friday in the day as they have a p.a day as he had booked a getaway for him and my daughter-in-law up north.

It will be a tiring weekend for sure (as cara wakes up in the night sometimes -age 4)-i have to think of things to do with the girls ,that is reasonable in price -lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Off to the dump to get my 2 free blue bins (you have to call and get a code to take in ) then we will take our bottles and cardboard as we wont be home this friday .I missed recycling for 2 weeks now .

Son just told me when we watch the girls for 2 nights it will also be friday in the day as they have a p.a day as he had booked a getaway for him and my daughter-in-law up north.

It will be a tiring weekend for sure (as cara wakes up in the night sometimes -age 4)-i have to think of things to do with the girls ,that is reasonable in price -lol
    At that age it is easy to keep them entertained without spending $. We always packed a lunch/snacks. I think that was my youngest DS's fav part. He loved when we went hiking and sat on fallen trees to eat our lunch lol.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just topped up my gas tank before the increase tomorrow. Ugh. This is going to hurt us all so much
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I was trying to find a day to go into a branch this week to help out now that they are short staffed. I decided to go yesterday, I was spinning and having issues focusing so figured if I went into the branch it would make me focus. Pushing paperwork is my thing and it would give me a sense of accomplishment.

I came home to making herself Wings and BBQ Chicken Chunks so I could make myself a BBQ Chicken Caesar Wrap and then I made Homemade Air Fryer Fries for both of us.

Tonight's dinner is a mystery.

Nice to see some sunshine today. Although yesterday was overcast the temperature was much nicer. I cleaned off Mom's car when I got home as I figured better to do in nice weather than freezing cold. I am officially ready for spring.

Happy Wednesday Everyone
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Frugalbigmama -yes there is a wooden (new place stucture) so may take the girls to that or if the snow stays may take them tobagganing .I will let them have takeout one night (or course they love mcdonalds).

Feeling so much better today day 5 and my cold is almost gone,mind you i cancelled my dentist appt for thursday and she thanked me .

Got my 2 new bins ,then got hubby free coffee at mcdonalds filled card
    We got gas too they were all out of regular so got the ultra for the same price -bonus .

I convinced hubby to let me run into lococos near the dump for a few fruit and veggies
    carrots 1.20 a 5 pound bag -great price
    apples royal gala .99 a pound $1.53
    grapes were 2.99 a pound -have seen them cheaper but at freshco they are always looking crappy they were very fresh $4.02
    2 bread 2/5.00
    pears 2.49 a pound ( i havent seen them 1.99 a pound since summer ) $4.53

Off to pick up the girls off the bus today .Hubby and i take turns gives us a break from each other since we are always around each other every day .lol

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

a bad start to the morning for me so I took a walks..I wont let this thing ruin my day...
    my rant people on kijiji want that everything had to be new and a cheap price...another person interested in the skis..went here to saw it..ho they are too used...wow....and we went down with the price...another wasted time grr ..I am so tired I will just put those in garbage and move on...
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Are there any sporting goods stores in your area that will take used equipment? In Edmonton, there is at least one that takes used equipment and redistributes it for charity. I think that they do it year-round and just throw the stuff into a cargo container. Any chance your local ski club might want used equipment? What a shame to throw away anything that still works.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , I do not know about your Freshco, but I find mine very hit and miss on produce. Sometimes I go in and it looks great and amazing, other times I go in and it looks like it is on its last legs and should be on the reduced rack.

On a funny note, in my area last week we got the wrong Freshco flyer. The one delivered in our papers was for a different zone so our store did not have most of the sale items. It was either things our store does not sell or it was not the sale they were expecting add they did not order enough to cover the sale.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Are there any sporting goods stores in your area that will take used equipment? In Edmonton, there is at least one that takes used equipment and redistributes it for charity. I think that they do it year-round and just throw the stuff into a cargo container. Any chance your local ski club might want used equipment? What a shame to throw away anything that still works.
    Thanks I will check that.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day fellow thread dwellers! Thankful that I got some walking in and some work done.
    Not to mention that @ coupon girl is feeling better.
    (To be continued as don’t want to repost again!)
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!
    I feel so much better after a power nap!!! But I have to face it: lots of cleaning to be done and only 4 days remaining in spring break,I dont know if I will have the time to work with life project too...

Maybe my mind went over in last post but I was so pissed...I am so sorry about that.I dont like things who put me down or remain me in the past either.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Since it is wednesday,dont forget to push yours pc offers for next week if you have good ones!!! Nothing exciting in mine alas....

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl: great deals at lococos I miss my ''Le Végétarien'' fruits and veggies shop they closed years ago and they always had good deals,now no stores or shop who offer that in my city,you are lucky to have one!!! Sometime paying for best quality seems okaie. and glad you are feeling better

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Glad it's March. Waiting to see what code deal may show up in the March Moneysaver for the big bag of soil offer for this year. Plan to get my print tax return done and sent later this week-have to make copies of some forms first.

Don't care for Daylight Savings Time on March 13 but am ready for spring on March 22. Should consider getting some garden seeds started by March 16 as it is the night of the next full moon.

Made myself see Death on the Nile in the theatre (only had a pop and total out of pocket was $19.30-worth it for Gal Gadot and those lovely costumes!). So worth it. Fun fact, Wonder Woman (film 1) fans: the current DOTN movie opens with a 1914 Belgium scene during WW1. First Wonder Woman film also had a WWI scene in Belgium, those townspeople WW saved the day before the enemy did them in. Saw The Lost City Trailer-while I don't care for most Sandra Bullock movies (love the sequinned jumpsuit though), seeing Brad Pitt with long hair might tempt me to see the movie on cheap night if that still exists.
    @coupongirl Fun Ozonol discovery at my local Sobeys store-saw two boxes in the pharmacy section! Check your Stonechurch Sobeys to see if there's any Ozonol there. Mom had gone to Upper James Food Basics a week ago and bought the only two boxes still on the shelf. Bought Compliments popcorn (yay), sponges, mini Snickers (the chocolate craving is really; two nights ago Bro & I decimated a family size milk chocolate bar with hazelnut pieces--so good) and rubbing alcohol (gee is a 473ml bottle precious at over $4).

Also popped into Carter's Osh Kosh for the little pea pod car and some kids' socks and into Shoppers for a few things. Got some Presto bus fares loaded onto card. Plan to bus home on the 2nd fare soon! It was still sunny after 3pm in the Meadowlands but clouds have moved into town and the sky's been graying since 4:45pm. The weather must be ready to move in. Have my umbrella clipped into bag in case I have to take cover while waiting for the bus.

Two little brags from past two months: Jan-$1.30 reduced priced 1/2" clear vinyl bumpers for cupboards. I replaced the old bumpers on the bathroom vanity drawers and also on the upper vanity over the loo to help with noise abatement. Saved me some decibels! Found it on clearance rack at local Fortinos and wished I had purchased one more package. Used a pair of bumpers for two kitchen cupboards but others could use an update too.
    Feb-my local non-flyer Rexall had some clearance finds in the back. Decided I could not pass up the $1.97 Febreze Small Spaces freshener in Linen&Sky-got two and have one in use in my room (as I have not been able to locate a fridge & freezer A&H baking soda box in stores).

Random fun Disney+ viewing suggestion for the adults wanting to see adults regressing to teen behaviour after eating chocolate-watch Season 3 ep 6 of Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Band Camp). My brother and I had some good laughs seeing Buffy admonish Giles and her mother (they were acting like the leads from Grease the movie). The chocolate Milkbars being distributed to students (to sell for band fundraising) were addictive and the teens noticed the school adults getting frisky. @cyn88canada I know you mention zombies, but you might like the vampire action in the show.
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 5 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information