User Tag List

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1942Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2022 -Spring is there-!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I returned 2 gap items to the mall -28.00 on my credit card .

Then decided to go into marks workwarehouse across the street,got briefs buy 1 get 1 half so for 4 pairs i paid $20.70(had a giftcard with $1.31 in my wallet) got .39 cents in canadian tire money .They fit wonderfull 2 pairs for 12.99 the pkg was ,i am so tired of fruit of the loom they are making their briefs smaller by a tiny bit ,but that matters to me as i am not smaller by a bit .Covid helped put on 10 extra pounds -lol

Got my joe fresh order and both sleep pants are going back 1x too big and xl way to long .The top 1x was too huge ,boxy so that will go back only keeping the briefs,dso i guess i lost out on the 10,000 p.c points also -oh well.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Picked up my $5 Flashfood box (13 large apples, 8 kiwi, 6 lemons and 4 mango) Will cut up most for fruit bowls later today. Will use lemons for a few dishes the next few days. What a deal!

Did the Cracker Barrel cheese deal. (7500 pc pts wus $15) Used buy 2 save $3 coupons and redeemed points towards order. Will do it again this week (no personal pt offer but still a great deal)
    Giseledta, harbie, Purdee and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ve been teaching high school math 5 classes a day this week. They were finish up units and writing tests. I chose to give them extra time to write their tests, so my class was able to start this test during my lunch break. The last class of the day is writing the same test and I’m staying late so that they have more time to finish and double check before handing it in. I think the students appreciate it. Their teacher said she didn’t expect me to do this, but I think it’s in the best interest of these students.

I just double checked our local link agreement and I get my temporary pay increase for today because I’m in for the same teacher for 4 consecutive teaching days.

I’ve been figuring supper out one day in advance all week. This is how it turned out.
    Monday ds wanted to make egg and cheese wraps. I sliced apple and cucumber to go with it.
    Tuesday we had chicken fingers, M&C, sliced oranges, and fresh strawberries.

Last night we had I made home made fried rice with chicken vegetable stir fry.

Tonight is home made burgers (pre-made and frozen in advance), carrot sticks, celery sticks…still deciding on the carb.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie , I had the same thought this morning, what if I do not get up, leave my phone on do not disturb and just skip today but reality set in and up I got as I had training booked.

@Angela273 have you checked Wal-Mart of No Frills to see if they sell the Robinhood Almond Flour, I think I have seen it in our stores but to be honest price wise, I do not know how it stacks up. I know you do not Costco which is where I buy mine so I have never paid attention to the price locally.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Went for a 2km bike ride with the kids after supper. It’s pretty cold out with that wind. We stopped to look for bottles and cans where the city had been dumping truck loads of snow during the winter. We found 1.5 grocery bags full of bottles and cans for SARCAN.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday became a super busy day.

I was in one of our branches in the morning working with a manager, then the warehouse supervisor and then had a chat with production manager. Got through training checked my phone and a few things were going on that consumed my afternoon. After work I needed to run out, I do not know what it is but this year I have had a mental block when it came to taxes, I kept forgetting about them. So I took them to the accountant yesterday after work.

Since it was late and I had no real plan Dinner was kept simple by making Nachos with Melted Cheddar, Homemade Taco Meat and toppings of choice.

Tonight's dinner plan, not sure yet. I am working on my new meal plan so we shall see what I come up with.

Working on my to-do-list for the weekend, there is a lot I want to get done. I am really considering building the bookcase for the hallway even though it has not been painted yet. I realize it is not ideal but right now life is so busy I am just worried how long this will drag on as I am going to a whole weekend, maybe a 3-day weekend to paint. I am getting a little frustrated an just want to move forward because we need to finish the hallway and living room before I tackle the dining room and I REALLY want to tackle the dining room.

Happy Friday everyone
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ran to No Frills right at opening, I was going to go on my lunch but they are coming to measure my basement to fix the drywall they pulled out after the flood so figured opening was a better option. Plus I am working late tonight as there are somethings I need to do after we close. Not sure how long it will take so did not want to risk before opening.

I got:
    4 x Broccoli Crowns $0.98 (PM Food Basics) + got 4000 pts for buying 4
    2 x Potatoes $1.47 - Should have been $1.88 as per their flyer but they lowered the price to match Wal-Mart's sale price
    1 x Cherry Tomatoes $1.99
    3 x Beef Roasts $3.99/lb + 100 pts/$
    2 x Ground Pork $3.99/lb + 30% off + 100 pts/$
    3 x Eggs 18-pack $3.79
    2 x Balsamic Vinegar $3.29
    2 x Diced Tomatoes $0.99
    4 x Soya Sauce $1.99 (PM Freshco)
    4 x Sour Cream $1.99 (PM Freshco)
    2 x Ice Cream $2.49

I missed the Cherry Tomato Deal last week but what is up with the price is Tomatoes in general right now.

I had not planned on buying the Roasts but they are small little ones, not the big cryovac and I love these roasts to put in the Slow Cooker.

The Ground Pork I was not sure if I would buy, normally my store has it marked down (wow, I miss 50% off stickers) but it is never a guarantee. They had 8 packs marked down, I only grabbed 2.

Balsamic I was going to grab at RCSS as they had it on sale for $3.49. It was not in No Frills Flyer but was on sale for $3.29 and I need balsamic for my summer pantry.

I did spend a little more than I had planned but happy with what I got. The only thing I might still grab is a pack of ground beef at Wal-Mart as we need to make burgers for the freezer. But we will see.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Had a long day yesterday at work but still did a 3km walk with Dh before the rain came. We drove to the city to have dinner at one of our fave restaurants since it was the last day the passports will be in effect and I’m not comfortable otherwise. Plus we had a GC. We went to another of their locations a couple of weeks ago (never been to this one only the other 2) and had a horrible experience from nobody coming to seat us or even acknowledge us, seating us right in between 2 tight tables even though there was only 3 or 4 tables of customers in the entire restaurant, didn’t have the special that was advertised and same went for the other 2 choices we made and mainly because they barely looked at our id and didn’t scan our passports so we left. The company sent us a gc so we had to use it up. Guess a lot of people wanted to get in before the passports end because they were packed and I’ve never seen it that busy. We were lucky enough to get our bar seats at the window where nobody else sat so that’s good.

Today is a shorter day but a harder job. I’ll get home before needing to get Dh so I’ll do some tidying up then. No time now. Hopefully the sun will hold out so I can get a run in today. My 10k is coming upfast!

Have a great Friday

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Started to notice some supply issues locally.

Due to the Metro Distribution Strike I have heard our Food Basics is out of a number of produce items. My Step Mom went to her local Metro and said there was no produce and no Turkeys.

Today at No Frills I noticed:
    No Mushrooms
    No Passata
    Very little Butter
    No Strawberries

I decided to shop today as I was worried with Food Basics being under stocked more may come and shop at No Frills causing more shortages.

Hearing of more cases of the Bird Flu popping up, I am worried about supplies of Chicken. Thinking I might make a point of getting some chicken next week just in case since we eat mostly chicken.

I did notice there was a fair amount of meat at No Frills with 30% off stickers. I find it really hard to figure out prices as No Frills is selling more and more meat by the package instead of by the KG.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I popped out to cash our car sticker return money from the goverment at the bank.

Then popped into fortinos got my turkey $43.32 paid for with points ,also a few other good deals
    sunflower bread country harvest reduced 3.89-50%=1.89 each
    a tray of seedless grapes 2.49-400 pts=2.09 a tiny bit soft but still edible,the i will freeze the rest for smoothies-couldnt believe that price at the reg bunches were 3.99 a pound
    cheez it crackers 3.49-free cpn going to my sons house
    free p.c chips 1.79 had an free offer
    kale cesar salad 5.99-50%=2.99 good til the 9th ate half today
    salad toppers 9.99-50%=4.99 a big bag doesnt expire til june (my daughter told me these make a salad a little better tasting,she is right)
    vector cereal 4.99-2.00 cpn-1.00 checkout51=1.99
    (2)hersheys eggies 3.99each -1.00 checkout51=2.99 to put out on easter for a treat

returned all my joe fresh clothing except the briefs $31 credit

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@SassyAshley I also did that PM on broccoli at NF, to earn the 4,000 points, but then I bought 4 bunches of asparagus!
    ( I've been eating it non stop, especially when FB had the great sale prices of $1.88 a bunch ) No one had them cheaper to PM this time though,
    so I paid NF price of $2.97 x 4, but then also got another 4,000 in points, so it all worked out I guess.

Tomatoes huh? Yep, the prices have been crazy high for a while now. We do eat plenty of them, I like to stuff the Compari ones with tuna and cheese to broil, DH prefers those very large beefsteak ones for BLT's. We also place a small plate of tomato wedges sprinkled with S & P to share at our dinner and lunch meals. You've heard of " an order of fries for the table " ? Well this is the low calorie version of that....ha ha

Supply shortages have not affected us as yet, however, when I wanted to PM FoodB's clam-shell of strawberries at NF, of course they had none.
    I have to remind myself that we do have plenty of items stocked up in the back room, and in the freezers, so if push came to shove I guess we'd be o.k. The need to replenish fresh foods is what takes me out shopping on most days.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

After work I stopped by my fave local coffee roaster/ plant based shops and picked up a few staples like my jalapeño lemon cashew spread. It’s the same price as save on foods and cheaper than another plant based shop so I like to support small businesses. Plus they have AMAZING cinnamon rolls and cold brew coffee so that a bonus.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Maxi and cie
    Dad goes trought a lot of cereals he eat his bowl the morning and sometime as a snack before bed so when I see a good deal I am happy!!!
    5x Special K Familly Size of vanilla almond cereals at 4,99$ minus in store offer 6 000 per 12$ and paid with 10 000 points to help..so after factoring the points 3$ for 5 boxes.. and I will get 2x 20$ worth of coupons too by submitting my receipt the april 21 for new promo not bad haha these qualifiy if you need cereals seems rcss had the same flyer deal.to bad no coupons and these dont qualify for the gas giftcard promo otherwhise would have been a great money maker but still good!!! They where only 7 boxes on the shelve so glad we went earlier ...
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Apr 8th, 2022 at 10:07 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

So glad this week is over I have a big life project decision who will impact my future and that imply a lot of hard thinking..I have enough of this week...Per chance the 2 next week will be 4 days week due to easter holliday so I could do-continue my major cleaning...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I did spend about $45 today after work at a local coffee roaster and plant based shop. I really like to shop local and small businesses when I can and since they either don’t sell that stuff anywhere else or the products are the same price at their shop as it is at the big box stores I will shop them instead. I got to surprise Dh with a cinnamon roll which are his favourite and especially from that shop.
    My work week just got adjusted and I’ll be doing some extra long days (double what I usually do) but that’s ok because it’s helping out a fave client of mine.

Caught a loose dog today and helped reunite him with his frantic family

Tomorrow is LAUNDRY all day unless I decide to start some of it now.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information