User Tag List

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1942Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2022 -Spring is there-!!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!! Still have horrible pain to my toe nail... Hope the antibiotics pills will kick in soon it can take a few week before full effect...sigh

I went to see at a second hand store no bistro table ... So I went ahead and purchase the one at 38$ plus taxes(44$) since I bought used chairs I give it a try this way.Dad assembled it and its fabulous.!!! I dont regret it...I figure if I take care and store it in the winter it will last many years or easiler reasable at a good price...Just a few decorations and design and the patio balcony will be good for the summer!!!
    Perfect day,11 degres now i have one window open for some fresh air!!!
    Have a good evening and night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I ckecked at my lunch break since I still lunch at home on my dad phone the fruits box from flashfood and they did not look good so I passed..Now i know they announced at lunch time and there was a lot of meat i was surprised ...The cantaloup looked like a bit black and the apples had spots on them...humm

Still struggle with my meal dinner plan.....this week...I have a ham,sausages and chicken skewers...so at least 4 meals in that.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-good deal on the bistro table and chairs .I love sitting on my back deck in the summer .

On tuesday i will go to sister-in-laws and clean her stove for her as she is 74 and has 2 screwed up shoulders from a fall a month ago .I will wear a PPE in her elevator plus going in her building .She asked me to bring a suitcase and i can take a few clothing of my brothers for my hubby if i wish ,nice gesture .

She is soo lonely and misses him ,so i am sure i will make her day nice and bright .
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl : it is so nice of you helping your sister in law.I am sure she appreciate it a lot!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby thank you for the kind words

Slowly getting better but still have laryngitis, chest pain, coughing, chills and fever. And I continue to test negative on the home test, which makes no sense. BF is getting better slowly. The health department called him to follow up on his positive test. Apparently we are having a surge in cases in Ontario but no mask mandate yet. Going forward I will always wear my mask when out in a store as I don't want to go through all of this again.

Today I received a nice surprise in the mail - a full sized Loreal Age Perfect cream to try. If this cream actually works, not only will I feel better once I get over this covid nastiness but I will hopefully have amazing skin too
    Last edited by barbis9; Mon, Apr 11th, 2022 at 10:03 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We are preparing for a potentially historic blizzard that is expected to start late tomorrow afternoon and continue until Friday morning. 30-50cm of snow accompanied by 70-90km/hr winds in our community’s forecast. "Do not plan to travel - this storm has the potential to be the worst blizzard in decades. Stock up on needed supplies and medications now." We’re being told to prepare for bus cancellations, possible school closures, possible power outages. Our Easter travel plans involve travelling Westward, which is away from the path of this massive storm. Hopefully the storm isn’t as bad as the forecast says and the roads get ploughed.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Apr 11th, 2022 at 11:38 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Yikes @Angela273 stay safe! That’s crazy. On Vancouver island they had snow the other day and today parts of the lower mainland are getting snow. That kind of craziness just doesn’t happen in BC. So far my area has been spared.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

There is an accent portion with brickwork on the front of our house that is literally falling off in some places. I happened to be home a few weeks ago when an employee from the contractor stopped by to get measurements. We’d signed and returned the contract to this company months ago, but never received any communication from them. This employee was able to give me some info regarding the job, where to get the paint splotches to select the stucco colour that we’re replacing the brickwork with.

Contractor claimed they didn’t have our contact info, so they contacted our realtor. Realtor sent me a text, so I called the contractor. I gave the contractor both of our phone numbers. The secretary said they were going to remove all the brick from the front of the house this morning, but they changed their mind since they still couldn’t contact us and the blizzard is coming. They’ve had our signed contract for months but only tried to contact us when they were about to start work. Oy. I find this annoying and somewhat stressful. Any people I know like to have an idea in advance when major work is going to be done on their home.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Angela273 please stay safe! I heard that you will be getting an exceptional amount of snow, something that hasn't been seen in decades?

To everyone who has cold/flu symptoms on this forum - please test for covid. After 5 days of negative tests, I'm now showing positive (which makes sense as I have been very sick). Thankfully I have been quarantining since my symptoms started last Wednesday. The Federal Medical doctor is now advising to wear masks indoors.

Today I got my Lancome Genifique sample 7ml in the mail.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Apr 12th, 2022 at 10:07 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Someone had indicated they were looking for Downy for $3.99 as it wasn't in stock at Rexall? I noticed that SDM will have it on for $3.99 starting the 16th based on the flyer posted on this website.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Apr 12th, 2022 at 12:56 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Making sure we use up stuff in fridge I am making DS's fav pasta for dinner (open alfredo sauce in fridge/fresh chicken/lemons).
    It is a lot of work and dishes but it is a all heated up in a pan to mix it all up and serve so its a great meal I can get everything cooked during the day and then when ready to eat just toss in pan to heat up and serve!
    So I have made the brushetta (its in fridge) cooked up the pasta, chicken, mushrooms and have the sauce simmering. Dishes done as I go along He will be happy when he gets home from school knowing that is for dinner and ready when he is hungry.
    With that said we have 5 jars of sauce left. I will go to RCSS today to pick up my Flashfood bread (.50 each) and see if the jars have better expiry dates today.

Lunch now is carrots and dip ( I will have some pasta later for dinner so not really hungry now but wanted to eat something)

Laundry that was hung up to dry needs to be put away today. I put away all the socks and undies yesterday because they dry quick. Need to do another load to keep up on it.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis -yes hubby and i tested ourselves he did twice and same here .Just laryngitus for me after my cold and he had a cold .I was so worn down no wonder i picked up a bug from my grandson .
    That was me barbis -i needed downey thanks for the heads up.

I cleaned my sister-in-laws stove ,not a fun job ,plus she then let me go thru my dear brothers clothing for my hubby (got some nice underarmour shirts ).She thanked me for the $40.00 giftcard i gave her for rexall,with a nice sympathyn card.

Plus my k-cup machine leaked all over the counter last night,of course it is 3 months past the yr warrenty .My sister -in-law gave me hers 2.0 one ,so that was nice also.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

School division just announced that they’re closing all schools Wednesday and Thursday due to the storm. This is unprecedented, which was emphasized at my staff meeting. I’m concerned, not excited. My concern is that we might have a major power outage. Student led conferences are also cancelled.

This also means that I won’t be able to earn much of a pay cheque this month. School does not resume until April 25.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Apr 12th, 2022 at 04:05 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

That was very nice of you @coupon girl to clean your SIL’s stove. That is one job I really don’t like. I’d rather clean to bathroom, do laundry, iron and hand wash dishes then do the oven.
    @Angela273 at least there is ample warning so people cane be as best prepared as possible. Sorry about the lack of work. That always sucks.

So I spent the day batch cooking for the crazy two weeks I have coming up. I did a huge batch of Dahl, double batch of rice, roasted sweet potatoes, squash and the other leftover veg I have.

The plan is
    Tonight - seared tofu with rice and Indian roasted veg
    Wednesday- Rice with Dahl
    Thursday- Indian roasted veg pizzas with a side salad
    Friday- Caesar salad with tofu feta and crispy spiced chickpeas
    Sat/Sun is a free for all

Now I need next weeks ideas………

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tonight I received a text from my cell phone company. I’ve somehow maxed out my data and I didn’t get a warning text. I’m only 1/2 way through my billing period. I turned off wifi while working at the school today because the wifi sucked and nothing would load while connected to the wifi, but I didn’t realize that I forgot to turn the wifi back on when I got home. I guess I did this a few different times and now I’m scared of the cell phone bill that I might get. I’ll call in the morning. I’m so not impressed.

This made me do some digging. Turns out a bunch of apps on my phone turned back on their data usage after an iPhone update. I also read more on their website and learned that I won’t receive an 80% data warning unless I specifically opt into it with my online account, which is not what I was told when I changed my cell phone package in 2020. I’ve NEVER received a data usage message before. I’m so not impressed. The only good thing is that I’m home with wifi over the break. I turned my cell phone data completely off for now. I’ll see what they tell me when I call in the morning.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information