User Tag List

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2411Likes

Thread: August 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about gardening and saving month!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I needed a break from work. So popped home. Stripped my bed and put bedding in the washer. Folded the laundry in the dryer and put in a basket.
    Cleaned up the kitchen (including washing the air fryer- guess DS made fries late last night)
    Wiped the stove and counter. Put out recycling. Let the dog out.
    It's amazing how productive you can be in 20 mins!

Now I feel ready to tackle the report I was working on.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Aug 11th, 2022 at 12:48 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I looked up my new local link agreement for the school division I’ll be teaching in. I already plan on running the after school craft program. These volunteer hours count at a rate of 25hrs = 0.5 EDO, which I can use or get paid out for at a substitute teacher pay rate. I can also work lunch hour supervision, which is about $15/lunch break, before taxes. Alternatively 9hrs = 0.5 EDO. Signing up for these things is part of the back to school meetings at the end of August. It’s another way that I can earn more during the week, without having to spend extra days away from our children.

I am sorry to sound like a broken record here @Angela273 but YOU ROCK!! You're energy and organizational abilities are what makes you a great educator. All the best for you and the family come September.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@walkonby I’ll take all the encouragement I can get. I know this will be a huge change for my family, so I’m trying to make the best of it. Work hard during the week and family time on the weekends. It’s a 3hr drive each way…which I’ll use to listen to my audio books. I anticipate that it’ll be rough until Thanks Giving.

My own kids’ school experienced teacher cuts. They still haven’t told us who their teachers are or if they’ll be in split grades this year. My kids attend the largest elementary school in town, but the cut backs mean there won’t be 2 full classes of each grade this year.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We would like to take our family for a week long all inclusive hot holiday this winter. We went to Cuba as a family in January 2019. So far the best prices we’ve found is double what we paid last time. Travelling from Regina or Winnipeg is quite limiting in terms of direct flights. Some companies removed services to SK and MB and nothing has filled the gap.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I cashed out $20.25 from the Eclipsa app yesterday. The etransfer arrived today. Talk about fast!
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We researched and ordered a 3” bamboo charcoal gel mattress topper for the double bed at the rental house, which is a cheap hotel quality bed. $15 Amazon product coupon, used $25 in Swagbucks gift cards, and ordered through AirMiles shop. It’ll arrived Aug 18 and I leave on Aug 23. I didn’t want it to arrive too far in advance. Hopefully it helps me sleep well.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning and Happy Friday!!!

The sun is shining and it sounds like it is suppose to be a beautiful weekend. DS works all weekend (double shifts covering someone on vacation) so he will have no weekend but he will have a nice pay cheque! I will drive him to work tonight and in the morning both days but he will get a ride home.

Last night was productive. Made bed with clean sheets. Did a load of shorts/yoga pants/undies/socks etc and hung to dry. Then another load of whites and it is in the dryer.

I had dropped DS of at the golf course and then went to RCSS. I had no plan for dinner. Found PC pizza crusts $1.99 each or buy 2 for $1.50 each. So grabbed 2 and made a pizza for dinner (was just DS and I and I wasn't sure if he would want it) Well I had a few slices and he ate the rest so it was a hit.
    I just used toppings I had on hand, onion, bacon bits and tomato (from flashfood box last week- they are still good!)
    I figure it cost me $5 to make. ( had pizza sauce and mozz cheese bought on sale of course). So not bad really and much better then a frozen pizza.
    (cheaper then the $15 Pizza hut pizza I like )

Have a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    We would like to take our family for a week long all inclusive hot holiday this winter. We went to Cuba as a family in January 2019. So far the best prices we’ve found is double what we paid last time. Travelling from Regina or Winnipeg is quite limiting in terms of direct flights. Some companies removed services to SK and MB and nothing has filled the gap.
    I've been looking too and there isn't a great price that makes me want to pre-book and then worry what travel will be like at the time of the trip.
    My last trip (Feb 2020) we just planned the time we wanted to go (give or take a few days) and then the week before I booked us a last minute trip.
    This is my plan going forward.
    My sister and I are planning a trip to Costa Rica in 2024 and she wants to book it soon but I think it doesn't make sense to do that. I say we just research where we want to go and then we will know what to look for closer to the date.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Where has the week gone?! Normally I’d say TGIF but I still have lots to do.

I’ve been grocery shopping, meal prepping for our road trip (which is an ordeal in itself), trying to get laundry done, housework done, working all while my hand is still painful. I’m exhausted. Now I’m having a lower grade headache from everything .

This is our first trip to a town that literally has subway and a pub that offers vegan options so it’s a challenge. I don’t expect my SIL to make vegan food for us so I’m trying to figure out what we want to eat, how much, make it the most protein and nutrient dense I can, and not take up too much room in their fridge.

So I have made a Thai peanut noodle with shredded carrots, green onions and red cabbage and used chickpea pasta for the protein punch.

A pasta salad with artichoke, sun dried tomatoes, olives, spinach and tofu feta (making that this morning).

Kale Caesar with the tofu feta, spicy roasted chickpeas and spicy roasted sweet potatoes (roasting them up this morning)

Baking lemon blueberry muffins today, possibly my chocolate chip cookies if I have time.

Making overnight oats for breakfasts.

Finish processing the rest of the blueberries for the freezer. Our local stand wasn’t able to sort them this time so instead of the usual 10lb they gave us 15+ a bit. Funny thing is that other than a few leaves, twigs and the odd tiny one they are perfect. I’ve only discarded just about 1/2 cup max. Not bad to get 15+ lbs for $25

Back to the kitchen now….after I ice my hand and now neck.

Have a great Friday everyone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama Many resorts do not want our family because we have 3 children. I’d love to be able to book something much closer to the date and just go. We need to renew our kids’ passports in preparation.

Dh and I are going out for supper and a movie. It’s been a long time since we had a date night. Dh and I hang out in the evenings after our kids are in bed, but we all know that isn’t the same. I planned an easy snacky supper for our kids to have while we are out. Garlic sausage, cheese, pickles, crackers, apple, with other fresh veggies and fruit. They love that type of meal.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just posted 2 more items on kijiji ,toys .Tired of picking up almost 700 mega blocks ,decided just to keep the small pail of legos as this is a timeless toy .I still have 2 lego boats my son put together and i tell the grankids dont take the boats apart and they listen .

Hubby and i went for a walk this morning 35 minutes ,hey it was so nice at 8.00 a.m before the heat comes.

Son and his family come home on sat -i havent seen the girls in 2 weeks almost .Poor little cara had an infection just before they left,they have to watch her as she ended up in childrens mac master hospital before .Son had to take her the week before they went up north ,they waited but she checked out with an infection .So little and she has a few problems ,she has a very tiny frame for being age 5 in november.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Aug 12th, 2022 at 10:44 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie hope you feel better soon and you get some relief from the pain in your hand.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 , if you will need to renew passports better to plan ahead. I saw an article yesterday they are now saying processing time are 14 to 18 weeks.

My sister-in-law just had to get her passport renewed and it was horrible. The first appointment she went to they turned her away as that office said they could not process it in time for her trip and was turned away. They told her to wait until 2 days before her trips and go for an emergency passport but so many other people are doing this, people are lining up as early as 2 am and still getting turned away.

Finally she was able to get an appointment at a different office but they had to drive 5 hours each way (they had to make this trip twice, once for the appointment and had to go back 2 days later to pick up her passport) but they were able to process the passport, she had to pay all of the extra fees but was able to have it in her hands 5 days before she travels. If she had not of found that appointment and was able to travel for it, she got lucky.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I agree @SassyAshley . There as a woman who ended up booking a flight to Alberta from BC to get hers and not only was it faster but it was cheaper than paying someone to stand in line which is what was happening. At $30+/hr it can get pricey.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i painted the steel railing on our front porch this morning ,very tedious .We used the grey tremclad paint we had down our basement .Team work got it done faster .

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information