User Tag List

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2411Likes

Thread: August 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about gardening and saving month!!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have to say it, AC is a real game changer LOL. Due to our house and $$$ limitation we were only able to put it a portable unit on the main floor this year and yes I did buy a higher end model but it 100% has been a game changer.

We already had portable units in the bedrooms but they are only run with the door closed so did not help with the rest of the house.

Even with this heat wave we have entered we are still able to cook and be comfortable. We were even able to use our oven tonight to make dinner. Now I will admit usually once we go over 30 I avoid using the oven but I had a craving.

Tonight was Mozzarella Chicken over Pasta with Ceasar Salad. Bonus this used up the open package of Cherry Tomatoes (I grabbed a new pack this week as RCSS has the 981g package for $6, my store is always out of the 981g package and only has the 680g package which is also $6) and the last of the cut up Romaine.

I looked through the fridge this morning but we really do not have much we need to use up, even the Cherry Tomatoes did not need to use but nice to have that package done. We have a few mushrooms from last week to use and a cucumber that needs to be used. I will need to pick up more Romaine this week, I see it is on sale at Freshco.

I tried a new recipe for Whipped Greek Yogurt last week, I love Greek Yogurt for cooking and baking but we do not tend to eat it as it is a little tart for my liking. Well you are whipping the yogurt you add maple syrup and some other flavourings and I have to say it is a game changer. I did add an extra TBSP of maple syrup as it was still a little too tart for me but it was really good. I topped it with kiwi and blueberries. I think this will be on regular rotation in our house.

Today was one of those days, I got things done but nothing I can really show but it was a relaxing day, just what I needed.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

oh, whipping it with maple syurp.... hmmm... must try

posted a few things on the buy nothing site, and one on a providers buy and sell... sold my item. i have a list of items i plan on posting.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The twins did great on their bike ride! It was their first official bike ride without training wheels. We plan on taking them on a bike ride to Dollar Tree tomorrow morning. We’ll take them swimming in the afternoon.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have to work on meal plans. I’ve been doing it one day at a time lately. No inspiration, no energy, and not feeling very well.

What are on your meal plans?
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I have to say it, AC is a real game changer LOL. Due to our house and $$$ limitation we were only able to put it a portable unit on the main floor this year and yes I did buy a higher end model but it 100% has been a game changer.

We already had portable units in the bedrooms but they are only run with the door closed so did not help with the rest of the house.

Even with this heat wave we have entered we are still able to cook and be comfortable. We were even able to use our oven tonight to make dinner. Now I will admit usually once we go over 30 I avoid using the oven but I had a craving.

Tonight was Mozzarella Chicken over Pasta with Ceasar Salad. Bonus this used up the open package of Cherry Tomatoes (I grabbed a new pack this week as RCSS has the 981g package for $6, my store is always out of the 981g package and only has the 680g package which is also $6) and the last of the cut up Romaine.

I looked through the fridge this morning but we really do not have much we need to use up, even the Cherry Tomatoes did not need to use but nice to have that package done. We have a few mushrooms from last week to use and a cucumber that needs to be used. I will need to pick up more Romaine this week, I see it is on sale at Freshco.

I tried a new recipe for Whipped Greek Yogurt last week, I love Greek Yogurt for cooking and baking but we do not tend to eat it as it is a little tart for my liking. Well you are whipping the yogurt you add maple syrup and some other flavourings and I have to say it is a game changer. I did add an extra TBSP of maple syrup as it was still a little too tart for me but it was really good. I topped it with kiwi and blueberries. I think this will be on regular rotation in our house.

Today was one of those days, I got things done but nothing I can really show but it was a relaxing day, just what I needed.
    @SassyAshley I eat a small serving ( 3-4 tblsp) of the plain 0% fat Greek yogurt with my breakfast nearly every day and then another as a late night snack. Both times I add small diced bits of fruit, vanilla extract, Splenda and cinnamon. Game changer for me too!

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 , I am with you when it comes to meal plans. By the time we get to dinner I am so tired, overwhelmed, no inspiration, no motivation. Literally it is "Dinner time again, what will I cook."

With that being said, I have high hopes for September (yes, I know it is the beginning of August), but I did not want to jinx it but it looks like everything is falling into place. The manager who I have been helping for the past 5 months because they were short staffed, everything has fallen into place now, new staff have been hired, existing staff have moved positions. Now instead of working with them, I will be training new staff and should be able to go back to just working my job.

Hoping September brings back some normalcy and better routines including meal plans.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @Angela273 , I am with you when it comes to meal plans. By the time we get to dinner I am so tired, overwhelmed, no inspiration, no motivation. Literally it is "Dinner time again, what will I cook."

With that being said, I have high hopes for September (yes, I know it is the beginning of August), but I did not want to jinx it but it looks like everything is falling into place. The manager who I have been helping for the past 5 months because they were short staffed, everything has fallen into place now, new staff have been hired, existing staff have moved positions. Now instead of working with them, I will be training new staff and should be able to go back to just working my job.

Hoping September brings back some normalcy and better routines including meal plans.
    @SassyAshley what a wonderful change for you to look forward to!! Just doing ONE job instead of everyone else's along with yours?
    Congrats!! I say go ahead and Count Those Chickens now, September will be here very soon!

Name:  go ahead and count those chickens Sassy.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  51.9 KB

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy -good for you ,i bet you cant wait til september .

I may do a bit of weeding we will see ,or may just read this book .

Off to sons later to put out ther garbage for him and water ,while they are away.

Wow 32 degrees ,just did 10 minutes of weeding and back in ,mind you i am loving putting my clothing on the line to dry saving on the dryer.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Aug 7th, 2022 at 11:32 AM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Wow @Angela273 I’m so impressed with your organization! Colour coded schedules, I LOVE IT! I need that for meal planning for sure. When it’s hot we’re not really hungry so most nights it’s not planned until I open the fridge. Hoping your itching stops and never returns but your sleep does.
    @SassyAshley yay for your job. I get stressed just reading about your work! You deserve a break.

Did my morning garden watering at it’s looking beautiful.

I need to make a SHORT grocery list since we will be going away next weekend so don’t want to overstock the fridge. Not much else planned today except my water therapy for my hand. Not sure it’s working too much but I got nothing else.

Enjoy your sunny Sunday everyone

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

the air quality is deffinetly getting to me. not good at all.

menu plan is not done for th e week. not in the least. what i want is chinese food. lol . not sure if that is in the works.... i feel like crud.

prob will take it easy for the rest of the day. hoping this heat breaks soon. might work more on the family room... that will be a ongoing project i suspect.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!!
    Onh my,this week end definetely too short and passed to fast ..lol
    Menu planning is done,we just have to stick to it
    Sunday:Chicken skewers with veggies and a salad
    Monday; Sausages and mashed patatoes with homemade fruits chow chow si bon,and maybe a salad.
    Tuesday: Porks shops with mashed patatoes,slice of cucumbers slice of tomatoes
    Wednesday: Shrimps with rice
    Tursday: leftover of the pork shop,with mashed patatoes,salad
    Friday: Chicken turned on what we want..wrap ,salad or sadwichs.

It was so hot today,but now it is raining...It announce 3 days of rain in a row starting tomorrow..so no walks during break maybe not happy

Noneless to said grocery shopping and laundry are done.
    Now if I want a certain type of meat that I know maxi and cie dont carry I will go directly at metro or super c ,,.it is worthed
    Have a good evening and night and a good week!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I feel slowly I am losing the friendship with my best ffriend..definetely not on a same level of live(she has a house ,a boyfriend and a child)
    I did not go to her birthday saturday and I am very ok with that..
    Wow her boyfriend give her a paddle board and she just returned from cuba vacantion with him..she must well plann her budget...over spending or be rich haha...not at the same point.. certainly not...

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Maxi and cie: Gadoua no sugar added white bread at 2,50$ wub2 or more minus B1G1 coupon..very happy they carry this variety and they have it on the shelve
    Super C: I needed to go to super c because the meat I wanted dont enter in the pm criteria and maxi and cie just dont carry it...but worthed
    econo pack of pork tenderlion frozen at 2,77$ lbs..4 per pack...so 12,00$=3,00$ each my kind of price !!!!Just need to search slow cooker recepies for those and happy to have finally stocked for this as the price of the meat is high
    Ontario Peaches : 3,97$ for 3 lbs..about 8 peaches.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I feel slowly I am losing the friendship with my best ffriend..definetely not on a same level of live(she has a house ,a boyfriend and a child)
    I did not go to her birthday saturday and I am very ok with that..
    Wow her boyfriend give her a paddle board and she just returned from cuba vacantion with him..she must well plann her budget...over spending or be rich haha...not at the same point.. certainly not...
    I have gone through that experience with a few married or partnered friends. It gets to be tedious to feel like one is always hearing about the other person's adventures and stuff and not getting similar interest in own activities just because one is single. You'll transition or at very least establish boundaries about when you will spend time with friend that results in good time for you too. Or better yet, you'll maker new friends and gradually let other friend figure out the friendship is basically over-you won't be running to hear her calls about the same old things or letting her take up your time/talent/treasure since she is not working on the friendship with you.

Now that I think about it, today is two years since I ended my friendship with former best friend. There was some slippage in the relationship over the years but it just got to barely existing after she got into her present relationship. She also said some things I did not like and I told her things she did not like.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Woo, what a pleasure it was to go on early morning walk to grocery store in a good breeze! Made it without water getting there but used my water bottle on trip home. $60 and change for three bags of grocery items. Got two containers of ice cream (been craving it all week)-Hewitt's Dairy small batch vanilla and Chapman's big tub of black cherry (sale priced at $3.99). My mini waffle bowls are certainly handy today! The ice cream was soft serve soft from the walk home-so delightful to spoon into bowls!

Looking forward to any rain descending tonight and tomorrow-all plantlife and the birds need the water.

Had rare chance to have tv all to myself today. Bro cancelled Netflix after a binge watch last Monday and I suspected he might do the same with Disney+. He confirmed it tonight that there's a day or two left of D+ as he has requested a cancellation. So I was watching more episodes of The Orville-almost done! With the fan on all day, I was able to relax with a soft pillow on sofa. Such an indulgence...

Tonight, the bugs are out in force! Had one land in hair while some kind of fly was trying to dine on my wrist while outside. Darted back indoors.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information