User Tag List

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: October 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about Fall and Halloween!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Telus does not charge for the Call Control feature. Perhaps you can ask Bell if they have a similar free function. I think they were implemented by CRTC requirement. So, all providers may be required to offer such free service.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Finally set up our new wi-fi modem. Saved $ to upgrade
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Hope things get better for you @cath007

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning all,

Busy work day and housework day too

Got a deposit from someone (maybe a government rebate???? ) for just under $400. Wherever it came from it was a pleasant surprise.

Work calls so have a great day.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Groceries this morning at no frills ,it was busy at 8.30 also .I spent $96 after 40 .00 off in points plus stopped at rexall for my pills and used 10.00 off in be-well points on a small order.

I still need to buy fresh buns and a pie (nope dont feel like doing one from scratch as daughter will be here and i want to play with sebastian-we havent seen him in a month.) My daughter is letting him go to his other grandparent with his dad on sunday night because we are eating early,they co-parent so well.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

TGIF!!! And thanksgiving long week end haha
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Good morning all,

Busy work day and housework day too

Got a deposit from someone (maybe a government rebate???? ) for just under $400. Wherever it came from it was a pleasant surprise.

Work calls so have a great day.
    Yes, I saw a post from a Torontonian (Twitter) about the deposit this morning. Thought recipient was a late tax filer who just got their OTB lump sum now. I have not gone to the ATM but might make a point tomorrow.
    harbie, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Perfect day for tea! Helps to do little tasks while waiting for machine to get ready then brew! Warmed me up! Then I opened a kitchen window to let the air refresh (last night's spaghetti dinner Mom made lingered overnight) before family got up.

Was on Twitter for a couple of hours at least. A Hamiltonian waiting on her mail-in kit was still waiting! Voter cards finally came in today's mail. I was thinking to vote today but I waited too long. Tomorrow it is for me as I won't likely be able to do it next weekend.

Last night-into CT, saw the big display of chip boxes then crickets down the main centre aisle to back, around the back, to gardening to bbq where seasonal Halloween decor was, until I got to the checkout maze: powerwall of Halloween treats. My bag was on sale and so were boxes of Pink Popcorn (99cents each) and got one of each. Bro must have been thrilled to see treats added to Mom's dish of ginger candy-he liked the Jolly Ranchers and Twizzlers but left the Hershey Cookies & creme (only chocolate treat in mix) alone. I indulged too but eased off today. Want treats to last into third week of Oct if I'm more sensible. Caused staff to smile when I said treats were for me, not any kids... Used 41 cents in CT money to take the total down a bit-nice!

Over to Giant Tiger-virtually empty. Think only one other customer with family member were in store; staff on floor were stocking. Found the yellow $75 puffer coat shown in digital flyer (only lg and med ones on rack in yellow, and one size in black; did not see plus sizes of same style?). Lily Morgan and Mountain Ridge Parkas in regular women's sizes ($95 ) were not in stock, only the plus size ones ($99). I tried the 1XL in the white Lily Morgan style-lightweight, more my style but small slippery pockets I would not put anything heavy in. The other parka is a bit heavy and I found the vest zipper insert too much given coat has zipper and storm flap. Wish shoulder and coat pockets were angled-I'd change their positioning if it were possible to do without tearing the textured coat fabric. Would like to try same coats in Lg or XL sizing when they come to my store (Please-waiting for coat racks to appear by entrance-only one down main clothing aisle plus what I found on side rail). Last winter, found I could not fit in all Lg coats/vests due to my chest being uneven. Was told to call store on Sunday to see if regular size coats are in, but I may venture out to see. Yes, the $10 off on $60 clothing VIP offer worked on the coat (I look a bit like the Michelin Woman but love the yellow)! Got two juice blends as well and did another $5 contribution to Red Cross fund. Saw the gripper gloves (women) but failed to look at men's section for their gloves. Also did not explore the MyStyle section-the button Henley shirt for $14 in the Lookbook (Oct 5-18) was from there but I was looking at Lily Morgan and found the 1/4 zip versions instead. When I looked online after shopping, I noticed that not all winter coats are available for delivery-some styles are in-store only and one Hamilton store or two out of 5 in area might have them in stock. YMMV. Ditto the gloves.

Before going into Giant Tiger, I did a quick look at coats/jackets at the Value Village three doors away. Such a poor selections-mostly waist-length car coats or puffers in dark colours and rather worn down. Rare couple of longer coats in XL or XXL sizes. I'd suggest people visit Burlington's Fairview or Upper Middle Rd/Appleby stores to see selections there.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanksgiving-no firm plans. Would prefer pumpkin tarts as dessert, not pie (which lasts too long and can be too much in a serving). Since I had pumpkin chip loaf in September, I don't want it now. Fairly certain potatoes in mashed or roasted format will be appreciated on this cool weekend. There's a large frozen fish in the freezer. It screams "sheet pan" dinner to me...with citrus slices, herbs, carrots...parchment paper
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wore the new GT PJ pants with elastic cuffs that were purchased just over a week ago. Cuffs land about 5 inches up my shins. Not comfy for bedtime wear. I will rip out the serging holding the elastics to restitch the hems tonight. Still love the print but it's a thin knit without the warmth of the Joe Fresh flannelette sleep pants I bought in summer 2021.

I should give Joe Fresh a look to see what sleep pant offers are on now, compared to the Sept offers Bro and I saw in-store.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil-i cant stand elastic cuffs on pjs ,so i am a bit picky there.I love the open flare leg ones or 3/4 crop pants with no cuff.

Even thou i have lots to do i called an 80 yr old friend and chatted for an hour with her today .Then hubby and i went to vote early before meeting the girls on the bus after school .I found it super chilly today ,off to change the racks around and put the tanks at the back of my closet ,bring on the long sleeve and 3/4 length tops.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We were supposed to visit friends on Saturday but they have been exposed to Covid so boo for us. I plan to spend Saturday doing errands knowing everything will be a zoo but I just don't have the time during the week, I have had an IKEA return for 2 months and its almost $100.00.
    Sunday we are doing dinner with my family and my father in law will join us.
    I am bringing the ham and making a brownie.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    This week is over and I am feeling very done.

Good news one the adjuster got involved everything happened super quick, they called my Tuesday, got all the information and said an appraiser could call me. I asked how long it would take for an appraiser to come out as I was heading out of town for work for 2 days. They said maybe Friday or next week (ok, I am home Friday and I will change up my schedule if needed for next week). Um, NOPE, literally 2 minutes from our branch I get a call from the appraiser I am on my way can you meet me at the car now, um, no, I am 3 hours away. Luckily my Dad was in the office so he met the appraiser. The next day they had my car towed to the body shop, they also arrange for me to get a rental car so my Bro has his car back (I have been driving bros car since the accident). They are saying it will take 6.5 days to repair my car.

Mentally/Emotionally I am feeling very done right now. I pushed through, I got through the week but it was hard. I was in 2 out of town branches this week which meant a lot of driving. I am proud of myself for going ahead with my scheduled week because honestly, I just wanted curl up on the couch and not leave the house.

So much to get done around the house, all week I just got the work stuff done and even then, I am so far behind at work.

Honestly, I really wish this weekend wasn't Thanksgiving, I just desperately need a couple of days to recoup and focus on me.

On that note, my kitchen is a disaster so first thing first must go tackle the kitchen.

Happy Saturday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Yes, I saw a post from a Torontonian (Twitter) about the deposit this morning. Thought recipient was a late tax filer who just got their OTB lump sum now. I have not gone to the ATM but might make a point tomorrow.
    Im in BC and haven’t heard anything but then again I’m not really watching the news much ( too much to handle). Regardless I’m happy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning everyone.

I’ve made 15 peach muffins, a peach blueberry crips is in the oven, dishwasher loaded and washing, kitchen cleaned and all this by 8:15am! Just going to vacuum and wash floors today and finish up the garden prep for fall.

Off to make a coffee with the Silk ND creamer that Dh got SCOP’d at No Frills yesterday

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information