User Tag List

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: October 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about Fall and Halloween!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sassy, I have not been impressed with old navy recently. I am also plus-size and the fit of the clothes just seems off, the last pair of jeans I fought had so. Much stretch that aster an hour of wear they were falling off.
    I have been buying stuff from Marks which only works if you are a 1 or 2x. On the weekend DH and I both went shopping as we have a business trip in a week. We used 175.00 in points and earned about 55.00 in points back. You do pay a bit more buy the pants are far sturdier with the inseem.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy - i find a lot of old navy tops cropped or just plain shorter than a few yrs ago ,or too boxy .

I had the most wonderfull thanksgiving i had everything all prepared before my kids got here,then we ate at 3.00 p.m because son was on nights .The turkey was soo moist and i am givng daughter and son a bit to take home bought a bit bigger ,i will make soup this week at some point.

When i went to bed at 9.30 my arthritis in my one knee was so bad had to take a pill,so i may go for a small walk today .Hung one load on the line .Talked to daughter this morning ,she just left for the show with her ex and sebastian then she will go back to toronto .She brought the nicest ice cream smores pie.yummy
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@SassyAshley , hope your mom is still negative and on the mend. I’ve purchased some end tables from wayfair and been happy. The delivery guy just gave them to me at our buildings door and the delivery slip said “gave to lady with blonde hair” . One end table was scratched on the edges and chrome and they sent out a new one and told me to keep or donate the other if I wanted. It’s now in the bedroom since the scratches are against the bed and wall. I’d buy from them again.

Dh and I played pickle ball for 1.5 hours yesterday (30 min first game and 1hr next game). I was worn out but loved it. Couldn’t help but love being outside in 26 degree weather in October

I was told at Safeway by the cashier that if I grabbed an item that has a peelie coupon on it that it CAN’T be used immediately and that I could only use it for my NEXT purchase . After reading the coupon that states on ANY purchase she still denied me. So off to CS I went and surprise surprise I was of course allowed to use it. Duh! The CS rolled her eyes when I told her what the cashier said. What a pain and waste of my time to have to pay then wait in line at CS and do another transaction. Anyways I got what I needed and all of this over 2 $1 coupons .

Heading out for a walk with Dh this late morning early afternoon now then it’s planning and prep for the weekend as we will be house and pup sitting and then we are off on our final week vacation of the year. Finally Dh will have used up all his vacay days.

Off to enjoy more sunshine today. Have a great last day of the long weekend everyone.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie , I had a cashier try to tell me I could not use a coupon that was on the product. Another cashier came over and read the coupon and said as long as it does not say on your next purchase I could use them right away.

Funny thing is I remember one time I did not use a peelie right away as I had a coupon that was expiring I wanted to use instead and save the peelie. Then when I went to use the peelie they tried to deny me as it wasn't attached to a product.

Truly feel like you cannot win some days
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

huh deceived the long week end is about to be over..have a good week tought
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Me too Cath, long weekends are never long enough. I did get a lot accomplished today. Made a batch of kale and bean soup, so now I will have some easy and healthy lunches in my freezer. Made the kids waffles and bacon breakfast. My waffle maker died in the summer and I was able to pick up a free on one Facebook.
    I had a marketplace pick up today and it was on my way to drop DS back at school. Normally I would never go this way but I am glad it worked out because it was 24 brand new divided dishes for a really good price and I like to use these for freezer meals. So much better than store bought and cheaper.
    We used the last of the burgers tonight so that’s it until April. Still have some sausage to use up and we have some more warmer days this week so I think it will be lots of stuff on the bbq.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    huh deceived the long week end is about to be over..have a good week tought
    It feels like a second Sunday today, not a holiday Monday to me.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We did not have a turkey meal today and I'm fine with it. Think Mom realized that Bro and I weren't sticklers about what had to be had for today. Mom cooked a few sausages, a meat dish with veggies and some cruciferous veggies in the afternoon. I made a batch of quick rolls in the morning-bit underdone in centre but half of the batch was browning a tad too quickly while other half were rather pale. Still yummy. Saw a few walkers taking in the fall colours along our street during the sunny parts of the day. Seemed like more rain was lurking in the sky this morning.

Mini pumpkin tarts went well with tea this morning and also my last chai latte K-cup beverage.

I spent most of afternoon in bed while Mom was cooking (the steam was too much for me). Then I tackled the dishes and cutlery and some bowls left from the cooking. Mom took on the pots still left to be washed. She seemed grateful she had some help with dishes but she really needs to toss foam objects at Bro for his lack of effort in helping out with cleanup---he never offers or does dishes.
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley Think @Lindaevans has had some experience with Wayfair as she had posted about something she got from that site.

If you end up getting a new work desk, see if work can pay for it and arrange delivery to your home.

This summer, Simons had an outdoor workstation desk on its site. There are some online order only office furniture items listed on the store site: https://www.simons.ca/en/rugs-furnit...urniture--9848

This company used to be called Okimi's at Work; now its At Work: https://atwork.ca/product-category/desks/

Staples Professional page has this link to office furniture: https://www.staplesprofessional.ca/furniture-products/

https://www.grandandtoy.com/EN/elsea...egoryId=1733_6

Hamilton location is downtown-might be pricey but worth a look: https://www.lordlyjones.com/workplace

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Clothing sizing and fit and even fabric quality in womenswear has been an ongoing issue. I miss stores that offer size X before 1X size (like Addition-Elle used to do-rarely saw it but when I did it seemed to be like a regular size 14-16 fit). Giant Tiger does not seem to have a size X in their plus sizes, only 1x-3x. Also miss Cotton Ginny as well.

I used to get white Haggar shirts at the Bay. Late 1990s, it was a woven, semi-transparent cotton/poly blend shirt retailing about $45. Hung on a hanger, it dried really fast outdoors on a line or overnight in the basement (or dry enough to be easy to iron the remaining moisture out). When I got a new version in the early 2000s, it was spandex/cotton/poly blend, more fitted with ribbed poplin texture. Darn thing did not dry fast anymore and was made in a different country-retail was like $65!

Sweaters-I lean towards cardigans now but have two pullovers with wool content that I love for at home or cold days outdoors doing raking. I was looking at this season's sweaters on Reitmans and Ricki's sites and so many open cardis are being shown. Few buttoned cardigans! Grateful I had found some two years ago for Mom on those sites plus the Bay. Don't hesitate to check out men's cardigans-usually in shawl collar or v-neck cardigan styles. They often come in black or navy with some variegated styles and POCKETS.
    Simon's does carry a limited selection of plus size womenswear-some sweaters appear on page 2 of results: https://www.simons.ca/en/search--sea...%20size&page=2

Jeans-both The Bay and Nordstrom Canada carry some of Khloe Kardashian's Good American line of apparel. Sizes up to 24.
    https://www.nordstrom.ca/sr?origin=k...ood%20american

https://www.thebay.com/c/women/good-american

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Amazon Prime Days have started today and end tomorrow.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Carrot Rewards has come back as part of the Optimity app. Found the current Facebook page-not sure of the current rewards for ON users. There are contests.

https://www.facebook.com/CarrotRewards/

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up extremely tired this morning but I slept. It was one of those morning where the alarm went off and I could not figure out what the noise was and I slept through my alarm for a few minutes.

I am struggling a bit to focus today so I am making myself focus for an hour on work and then getting up and doing something around the house for 10 to 15 minutes.

I have laundry going
    Made Baked Apple Oatmeal for Breakfast
    Emptied the Dishwasher and reloaded it

Now I have to figure out dinner. We have tons of options but nothing is really jumping out at me. Maybe Pork Chops, I feel like we haven't had pork in awhile. Or maybe I can find a simple and easy one pot meal. We shall see as the day goes on.

Happy Tuesday that feels like a Monday.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday was a wonderful day, and really productive too.

Dh and I went to Under Armour to return 2 pairs of shorts I purchased online but they were WAY too big. This is the breakdown:

Return $57.14

I got:

1- Rival Terry Hoodie reg $65 on for $32.50 I paid $23.64
    1-Velocity v neck workout shirts reg $20.97 I paid $7.63
    1- Velocity v neck workout shirt reg$ 27.00 I paid $10.90
    $47.22 oop saved $70.80

DH:
    1- Performance shirt ( compression style) reg $60.97 paid $22.96
    1- Crew socks reg $27.00 paid $8.10
    1- Higher style socks reg $27.00 paid $8.10
    oop $57.63 saved $63.52

Total saved $134.32!

Then we hit up Starbucks for refresher. I pre ordered and picked up through the drive thru. Noticed they made it incorrectly (they didn’t add the coconut beverage) so brought it to their attention and they not only gave Dh the original, they made me a correct one and they made it a venti and I only ordered a grande! Plus I got 40 stars for ordering promo.

Since we did such awesome savings we decided to head to sport check and picked up 2 tennis racquets and a set of balls and played tennis for the first time in 20 years. Definitely harder then pickle ball but we did really well and love it. Plus it was a tiny bit cooler than the day before which was nice.

Also did our weekly CC purchases review and paid off, cancelled Telus prepayment for our bills now that they will be charging a 1.5% fee on CC pre authorization payments .

Dh is off today for his long weekend and is doing the laundry

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Forgot to post that Bay Days are live on the Hudson Bay website as of today. There's a sale for Oct 11&12 only. No flyer on the website as I have checked.

Did not know that most Spanner (womenswear) stores had left malls. Did find one listed at Shops at Don Mills. But their website is triggering protection alerts whenever I try to go to it or I find a very DOS laggy site. Anyway, one retailer in Ottawa had a small selection of Fall/Winter 22 Spanner items and I've run through PoshMark's secondhand listings for extra measure. Good to know the Kitchener warehouse store is still around. Social media channels are very dated-no current posts. Sigh.

Waited until after noon to hang towels and clothing outside. Ms. Sunshine is in full form. Rain on the way tomorrow. Next Tues/Wed has snow in the forecast. I'll need more chai latte K-cups-will see if Cdn Tire has the Timothy's 12 pk on the shelves as website says there are some.

Hoping for some decent mail today, even if its admail. Enjoy the day wherever everyone is!

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information