User Tag List

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2565Likes

Thread: December 2022 Frugal Chat (when Autumn turns into Winter)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Okay here is the storey i wish to tell you .I have a friend i have known 30 yrs ,she/her hubby make way more money than hubby and i do ,(which is okay)but our sons are the same age and we have small grandchildren we love taking about etc.

So i told her i was in walmart the other day ringing my stuff in and she said she likes to give an employee the job -i agree but there was only one open with long lines so i rang myself out.I told her 3 items rang up wrong so i told the girl standing in that area ,scanning code of practice "i get it free" i save $13 .

Then she said "yeah dont do that "then she said my name".I would not do that .I didnt wish to get on a different topic ,as her hubby just came in ,so i let it go.But really it is allowed scanning code of practice ,i didnt take from walmarts own pocket and steal.Her comment just made me feel belittled ,she knows i have couponed for 30 yrs and looked for deals for forever.

Wow good thing i didnt tell her today i saved 10.00 a month on one of my bills ,just trying to save in this inflationary time ,as we are on a pension .I am so proud of the deals i get ,my turkey cheaper ,my scanning code of practice items ,coupons and points programs i use .Everybody here would understand -thanks for listening i just had to rant.
    @coupon girl what a very odd comment your long time friend made? I mean, SHE may practice her own shopping and checking out preferences but what possessed her to force them onto you? I WISH I had been at the table, I would've shot back so fast at her!! lol Us coupon-ers know there are many ways to cut the costs and SCOP is one big way!
    Now I must add my own slightly embarrassing story to yours.

I was in NF yesterday and the large container of Gain Flings had a sale sticker under it @$22.99, I had a personal offer of get 5,000 PC points wys $20.00 or more on Gain Flings.
    Of course the stupid thing rang through at $24.99 but I never watched the scanning, I just read it later on the receipt, so I skip happily over to returns to snag $10.00 off the item.
    The cashier said there was a change in the rules of SCOP over a year ago saying I cannot get SCOP because the item on sale had an expired tag on the shelf.

Yeah, I was THAT customer telling her it ain't my problem, I get $10.00 off if it scans wrong. She kept saying it's in the rules and points to the SCOP policy on the window.
    Gulp! How embarrassing for me! It said exactly what she said, so I kept apologizing to her as I have gotten a few $10.00 SCOP within this past year on expired sale tags.
    Now I'm thinking those other stores buckled rather than challenge a customer.
    I still had to put a points inquiry in when I got home as the 5,000 PC points were not on my receipt either!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Wow, so sorry your friend judged you coupon girl. I take advantage of almost every offer available but SCOP is one I rarely do unless I have the time or the price is so far off. But for me it’s because I don’t have a moment to spare.
    I finally put the true up tonight. This is two weeks late for us but I still don’t have my head another fact I have barely 2 weeks to get it all done. I have a long list for Saturday and I have another party in the evening.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Okay here is the storey i wish to tell you .I have a friend i have known 30 yrs ,she/her hubby make way more money than hubby and i do ,(which is okay)but our sons are the same age and we have small grandchildren we love taking about etc.
    If she is a long-time friend, she should understand if you push her back, a bit. Many people would not consider that amount of money to be much, but it all adds up. You could also remind her that you are trying to instill a frugal/attentive lifestyle to the next generation and teach money management to your grand-kids. Keep it up. No need to be self-conscious. I still pick up pennies and nickels (along with the occasional litter.)
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

thanks harbie -yes i do feel it is kind of rude of her but again ,she is very outspoken (like my daughter) and i value our long friendship _i dont have many friends to be honest. Thanks again i just needed to be validated ,like honest i have my hairdresser a very nice tip today (so i am not always cheap.lol
    @coupongirl you are not cheap, you are frugal. Big difference.

I have a friend like that too, hates when I go to customer service for SCOP and flips when I buy something used, like it is the worse thing I could do.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

That’s ridiculous @walkonby . I can’t believe they changed the rules. Whether It’s a sale tag, expired or not they are still advertising the wrong price. Guess that’s why many have changed to digital shelf prices.

I agree @barbis9 it’s not cheap it’s frugal or I say SMART!

I’m with you @HermanH I always look out for change. I found 2 dimes yesterday in the RCSS parking lot.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    If she is a long-time friend, she should understand if you push her back, a bit. Many people would not consider that amount of money to be much, but it all adds up. You could also remind her that you are trying to instill a frugal/attentive lifestyle to the next generation and teach money management to your grand-kids. Keep it up. No need to be self-conscious. I still pick up pennies and nickels (along with the occasional litter.)
    @HermanH speaking of picking up pennies and nickels - a lady found a $20 dollar bill in the parking lot and brought it in to donate to the Salvation Army kettle that I was volunteering at today. I was surprised as most people would have just taken the money. She wanted to put it towards helping others which I thought was awesome.

I find it harder to find change these days, as most people use plastic - debit or credit.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @HermanH speaking of picking up pennies and nickels - a lady found a $20 dollar bill in the parking lot and brought it in to donate to the Salvation Army kettle that I was volunteering at today. I was surprised as most people would have just taken the money. She wanted to put it towards helping others which I thought was awesome.
    That was really nice of her

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    I’m with you @HermanH I always look out for change. I found 2 dimes yesterday in the RCSS parking lot.
    I've found 2x $50 bills and another $10 just because I all of a sudden started picking up trash on any given day. I try not to turn my back on the gifts and opportunities Mother Nature presents.

(It was during the summer, before Sally Ann was out. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!) :D
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

So i told her i was in walmart the other day ringing my stuff in and she said she likes to give an employee the job -i agree but there was only one open with long lines so i rang myself out.I told her 3 items rang up wrong so i told the girl standing in that area ,scanning code of practice "i get it free" i save $13 .

Then she said "yeah dont do that "then she said my name".I would not do that .I didnt wish to get on a different topic ,as her hubby just came in ,so i let it go.But really it is allowed scanning code of practice ,i didnt take from walmarts own pocket and steal.Her comment just made me feel belittled ,she knows i have couponed for 30 yrs and looked for deals for forever.

Wow good thing i didnt tell her today i saved 10.00 a month on one of my bills ,just trying to save in this inflationary time ,as we are on a pension .I am so proud of the deals i get ,my turkey cheaper ,my scanning code of practice items ,coupons and points programs i use .Everybody here would understand -thanks for listening i just had to rant.
    @coupon girl sorry your friend was being rud to you about your frugal ways. I guess most people fail to realize that when we are frugal we are smarter than them in my opinion because it’s more money for us to spend on other things. I don’t usually have the opportunity for scope but if present itself I will asked for it. I PM and coupon all the time .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

@coupongirl huge hugs. your friend was wrong and i am so sorry you felt judged. she was full on in the wrong. i look at scope as a way of pointing out that the store needs to fix the pricing. many many people depend on the prices to be right, and if they are not its the store taking advangage of them . i look for deals. always have always will. i get ... snark, or shame from family members all the time. and thats a shame, as i always share deals. i am sorry your friend was not supportive. hugs.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , so sorry your friend said that to you.

We all make our own choices on what is important to us. I have a family of I buy what I need when I need it. Price Matching, Coupons even Sale Prices are not something they look at. It used to bother me when comments were made but now we all understand we have different priorities.

For me, if anything happens I have the $$$ to cover it without relying on credit and if that means shopping the sales and price matching then that is how I do it. I used to think, I would love to go to the grocery store and just buy what I want and not worry, it was a goal in life, until I realized, no because I will be wasting money. Why would I want to pay more, I look at it as this is a way of life for me, being frugal is just me being me.

@walkonby , I know SDM at least locally are horrible for not taking down their expired tags and when people complain or bring up SCOP they are quick to point out "Nope, does not count if the tag is expired, you gotta read the date on the tag, your fault, not ours."
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning. its been a week. sigh. we have several fires as it were still to put out. next week will be messy. but it is whatit is.

ok. so i needed to pick up fresh fruit this weekend. oldest and i went to indepenedent.
    got 13 700 pc points.
    oj- sale and bonus points, , raspeberries sales bonus points.
    cheezits crackers - 3.00 a box, cash back from co 51 2.50 per box making them .50!!!
    shedded cheeze - 6.99 ( not fond of that price) but coupons for but 2 save 3.00, plus co51 had buy 2 get 3.00 back . so paid 3.99 per bag.

.50 from ecipsa
    25.00 back total on co51.

very pleased with that.
    next week is rcss , i think . i am definatly cherry picking deals.

so , todays plan. finish making the christmas cards. maybe go for a walk and mail them , maybe.
    definatly house work. i have a ton to get done. laundry. so much laundry
    and work on the crochet items for the girls.
    i am tossing around a few side gig ideas.

any hoo . hugs to all
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning,2 days now without an appointement
    but,.I complained and I will have maybe an appointement with the flu clinic I hope because I am tired
    EDIT: The flu clinic is full this week end but they found me an appointement with mini emergency tomorrow morning at 8:40 am at least...
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Dec 10th, 2022 at 05:46 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@coupon girl Stay strong and do you! This is why I never mention my savings or how I price match etc to neighbours etc. They look aghast and then in the next breath complain that things are so expensive and they cannot do this or buy that! Well folks you save here and there and it allows you to do other things!

So do not let her get you down
    @coupon girl but continue doing what you do and that is all that matters!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Working on getting all of the things done. But feel like it is taking me a long time to get through each task.

Lemon Ricotta Muffins just came out of the oven and are cooling.

Had a bottle of crystalized Honey, it is a Costco bottle so I have been melting it and putting it in a Mason Jar. I know we will not use it all before it recrystallizes so being in the Mason Jar will make it easier to melt down.

Next, I am making Brownies with Cream Cheese, it is a craving. I have the Cream Cheese Mixture ready, just need to go grab a package of Brownie Mix from the Basement.

I found my Silicon which I was going to use to install the new Dryer vent but turns out my Silicon is for interior use only. I really should run to Home Hardware and get exterior Silicon but just don't feel like going out right now.

Slowly my meal plan is coming together. I was on Pinterest last night which kind of helped. The only issue was I kept getting pulled down paths and ended with all Asian/Chinese dishes and then I had all Pasta. I need to come up with a mix/blend of meals or the meal plan will fail. I am kind of worried as I am not sure what this week will throw at me.

Time to get back at it.

Happy Saturday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information