User Tag List

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2565Likes

Thread: December 2022 Frugal Chat (when Autumn turns into Winter)

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

People are nuts @SassyAshley . Guess it’s not really good will towards all men (especially in the parking lots ) . Nice deal on 10lb russets. Here they are $7.00 for a 20lb bag.

I’m sorry you’re so sick @coupon girl . I really hope you get much needed sleep and your body can recover quickly.

Just going through the flyers and making a short list of veggies and a few things. We don’t need much as we are pretty much stocked with the exception of veggies and PB milk.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'm in the " change of plans " club today as well. Had to cancel my 11:00 a.m. hygienist appt ( again ) this morning as the minor sniffles I had yesterday morphed into a full blown nasty cold this morning , courtesy of DH.
    @coupon girl no matter how careful I was about distancing from him somehow the germs found me. I will visualize a quick recovery for the both of us!
    When I am missing proper rest that is when these germs swoop in and take hold.
    Grrrrr, hoping I sound and feel better for the joint b'day celebrations here on Saturday.

Naturally a snow storm is coming because guests traveling here need that aggravation.
    The wind ruined my pretty ( and very fun ) inflatable display in the backyard.
    I'll re-do it all when I feel up to it.

Hoping your Mom starts to feel better soon too @SassyAshley .
    @Frugalbigmama talk about a blessing ! Not getting involved in an accident = great! Dead battery = not so great but getting 3 years free of Roadside assistance with the purchase of a new battery = PRICELESS! Winner!
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Dec 15th, 2022 at 02:42 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm astonished that the cashier was assaulted (no reason for man to push her out of way-he was not saving her from danger or himself) this morning. That "customer" better look over his shoulder as he's going to get his comeuppance any day now. Good to know that those of you who ventured out for appointments and work and errands have come home safely despite the day's obstacles.

It's very wet/slushy snow outside right now. I went to toss something into the green cart since I broiled a package's worth of bacon in the morning and roasted some veggies too. Managed to clock my head with underside bar of shed lid as I was reaching inside shed and down to put branches away, lid (though cleared off, lid still had some icy slush in crevices) came down before my crown of head (would have been worse if I had stuck my neck more over the doors). My right hand came to rescue second later. Totally amateur move on my part, knowing that this weather condition makes the lid self-closing due to moisture's weight. Guess I'm going to MacGyver some form of prop arm to reduce lid slams on my head in the future.

Made sure to add more ice melter on the walkways just as insurance to reduce slips. No sight of the weekly paper bundle-guess it'll come tomorrow.

Managed to get bedding washed early this morning when I could not stay asleep, and had tea and porridge while watching morning TV programs. I learned that a well-known nurse in Toronto retired today/yesterday.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Ouch @Ciel21 feel better

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel21 , Oh no, hope you feel better soon
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Prepped everything for dinner. Steak ready to cook. Asparagus ready for the air fryer. Have the baked potatoes in the air fryer now. Getting them ready now and then just will heat up when needed. Kitchen is clean!!

Was going to bundle up and go for a walk but it is just way to snowy for me. I really wanted fresh air but not going to risk slipping and falling.
    If the snow stops later I will go out and shovel the walkway. If not then it will get done tomorrow.

Christmas- I found a box for the kids gifts so they are packed and ready to take next time I am down visiting (suppose to go Sat for dinner)
    Wrapped a few things today for the boys. I will make sure to finish them up on the weekend. I'm just not into it today
    harbie, JadeAngel and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Ciel - Take care of you!
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel21: I hope you will feel better soon Please take very good care of you my precious friend!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!
    Tomorrow starting this night we should have a lots of snow coming..huh.. that should be interesting
    Today was my Christmas dinner with the secretary program,we had pizza,fries,pepsi and brownie,and I won bamboo ustencils,it was fun!!!
    Noticed when I was at IGA and Maxi and cie for a couple of things that the fondue meat single pack omg are 7,99$ grrr will wait until I have the place and a good sale,usually 3 per packs much more affortable.....lol

I frozen 2 small packages of raspberries dont want wasting them like last time..for future smooties or baking,I plan to remake some homemade smooties when I will be in 2 weeks Christmas break to pass some frozen fruits...

I got paid yesterday but each time it miss 50$ per week....I think it is because the fact they deduce impots before...will call after the hollidays to assure this is the good explanation...grrr

I did a small shop(sliced smoked salmon 300 gr at 10,99$ at IGA x2 gosh I will never paid the 19,99$ reg price...
    and at Maxi and cie for a couple of things pming wm,like St-Hubert soups,St-Hubert sauce and Classico pastas sauces....
    Purchased some no name pastas at 1,79$ for 900 gr..the others kind where so expensive like 4,00$ for 400 gr...

will post my brag in brag section in a minute

Itchy spots are less painfull ..hope this solution will work...
    Dad went back to pharmacy this afternoon they had forgot 1 pill prescription in my last night order and he purchased me some ivory soaps bars too ,hope that will helps my skin with that...
    I have to talk to at my appointement the january 16 with doctor a possible repetive gestures trouble I have...tdah....deficit attention with obsessive trouble..that.is interesting. hope she will find a solution to that...I am very tired to suffer of that stupid things..

Yes Simpsons and others Christmas episodes cartoon show are beginning...yep I am like a child with cartoon hahaha
    Will somehow put the small Christmas tree this week end..maybe

Alright have a good evening and night !!!
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Dec 15th, 2022 at 07:58 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Forgot to say just crappy offers in pc this week...per chance I moved 4 last night..grr
    And most important..TGIF tomorrow..I am feed up of school..I prefer to work in my books at home.
    Still have not received the email pictures and posted pictures of diplom ceremony.Wrothe to the responsible,I should receive those very soon.
    Noticed a lot of people are sick at the school flu or other things..coughing a lot and not wearing the mask grrr...
    Noticed that the 2 fridge need a good cleaning,certainly the little bar one,the door is too heavy too much things in that door...will do that in the hollidays 2 weeks break I guess...
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Dec 15th, 2022 at 08:38 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupon girl: so sorry to read you are sick I wish you to feel better very soon
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Dec 15th, 2022 at 08:06 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Actually I tought of @SassyAshley at maxi and cie tonight..I saw big pack of mushrooms naturally imperfect for 5$ and cucumber 4-5? per pack same naturally imperfect I dont remember the price...It is great to see more of those products in store and in stock. !!!
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

QOTD; What is the life of BodyWashs..I have some dove,nivea ,ivory ,olay that are at least 5 years old...it was a stockpile...that I wont use and want to give them to a organism...but I am not sure they are still good to use or they will be ending in trashs...??? They dont have a BB date on them,...

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@cath007 I love my cartoons too. I PVR the Saturday morning cartoons that have the old school Tom & Jerry, etc …. Don’t get me started on the Flintstones and the Jetsons!

I think body wash life is something like 3 years but don’t quote me on that. I don’t think it goes bad per say but it may not lather nicely.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Picked up diesel today instead of last night and got it for 173.9 .

Stopped in at FreshCo and picked up 2 cucumbers for $1.99 each ( the best price I could find) and sweet potatoes for 77C/ lb. I haven’t seen that price in a year and a half at least.

Tomorrow I’ll stop at Safeway for the carrots and onions since they are cheaper per lb and always good quality.

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information