User Tag List

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Me neither @SassyAshley , FreshCo is a store I visit occasionally and the Scene points earned there has not been a game changer. That 4 a.m. wake up you had can be
    annoying but good that you stayed in bed, read and then mentally prepped ( in the silence ) for your day. Enjoy!
    Skippy, harbie and barbis9 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! It's almost Friday
    We are under a weather watch for freezing rain later today.

I dropped DS off at school for 8am this morning and then stopped at Food Basics to grab: Romaine, cheese, wraps and eggs.
    Taco meat was cooked yesterday and is in the fridge ready. Glad I did that because today is a very busy work day for me.
    I also have a massage this afternoon to pop out to (happy I have it as my back is sore today)

Yesterday I did 2 loads of laundry. It was the first time I did laundry since being back from vacation.

Plan is to go to the gym after work today and then home for taco salad.

Have a fantastic day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cheese/lettuce etc shred and ready in fridge for tacos/taco salad.
    Kitchen clean.
    Now I can focus on my work!
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day my friends! Already have done myself in by walking to the drugstore and No Frills before the supposed freezing rain/snow/whatever they will say in the next hour.My cat could predict it just as well!
    I do collect PC points and Scene but still find PC better points wise as I do have their Mastercard which also helps.As far as Scene goes I've rarely used it in the past and only now because Sobey's is a part of it. I've also used it at Freshco but find Food Basics often has better deals,although roast beast is on sale at Freshco for $4.99/lb this week.I'm still finding sales lacking and as some have said you often need to go to the individual store in order to get the specific deal.Bottom line it's a pain in the neck but if you want to save any money you need to make the effort.If this spiel is my biggest problem then I'm not doing so bad afterall.
    Enjoy the rest of the week my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have a big project at work I am trying to work on but I am delayed again... Will work on it this weekend if I have access by then...so took a break and dealt with laundry. Yesterday's put away and a new load washed and hung to dry this morning.

Really wanted to tackle my closet this weekend. Pulling everything out and totally being honest and if I don't love it then it goes.
    6 shelves just have junk on them. Will pull it all out and put in boxes and then make myself deal with each box. Tired of crap!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jan 19th, 2023 at 03:41 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I tried to work the Scene points today but failed.

Freshco has the buy 4 get 300 pts, so I was going to get 2 packs of lettuce and 2 bags of lemons but when I got there they did not have the Andy Boy Romaine that was shown in their flyer, they had Dole 3-packs. I tried (which I knew might be pushing my luck) and asked before I even did my shopping since they were subbing Dole for Andy Boy could I Price Match Food Basics, originally I was told yes as long as both were 3-packs but then they said no.

Then she was not sure if since the Lemons had bonus Scene Points if I could Price Match, I pointed out that since I could not Price Match lettuce I wouldn't get the Scene points for the Lemon but she was not sure, so I said forget it since I was going to Food Basics anyways for Eggs and Romaine.

I tried to Price Match Butter to Zehrs which is around the corner and is literally 3 minutes away. Turns out they do not Price Match Zehrs because it is considered a High-End grocery store and they only Price Match similar level stores (Walmart, Food Basics, No Frills). I swear just before Christmas I Price Matched Zehrs there with no issue.

Because they would not Price Match Zehrs, I did not reach $50 for my bonus 500 pts.

Maybe it is because I am just used to Price Matching at No Frills and I realize the lettuce was a bit of a reach but what got me is I asked first. I am not a person who tries to push the rules, I do not want attention on me and backing up checkout because my Price Matches are denied. I do everything I can to follow the rules. It just was not a good shopping trip and then because they would not Price Match I still had to go to No Frills. My plan has been Freshco instead of No Frills this week.

Came home and our water was off so I walked around my bed to get my hand sanitizer and I did not see that somehow everything was falling off my shelves and wire basket I forgot I even owned got caught on my pants and down I went. Landed on the same knee I messed up really bad when I fell last year. So on the couch with an Ice Pack. *Fingers Crossed* it doesn't seem too bad but I did take some Advil as I also felt like I tweaked my back.

I do not know what it is about this week but I saw someone posted on IG that it is a new Moon tomorrow so maybe it is that. I have been off all week, I have felt anxious and like I am spinning and just not myself all week. Today was the first day I was feeling like me until all of this happened. The good news is tomorrow is Friday.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh @SassyAshley what a nightmare for you just trying to earn a few Scene points. Yes, ice your poor knee, tomorrow is Friday!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone !!!
    Yay they changed the defective light in the staircase and replace her.And the toilet is changed too.!!! Happy
    Lets face it,I was stressed before to know he will do observations and ask many questions but that was ok.I went to my appointement this morning,lots to be discussed and asked questions about me to a to z but in a good way.The social worker will talk to my doctor about his observations and will resee me february 2. For the moment he just said I am a obssessive manner person, and no it is not anxiety the problem,it is that I am not in a routine,I am desorganised in my life at school and at home,resulting on many other problems... Chatted about that with father and my godmother.

Other than that a quiet day

Have a good evening and night
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Jan 19th, 2023 at 06:47 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF!

I need to get through this work day!!!

Plan for the weekend is to get stuff done around the house and have a little fun. Sounds like all the little kids in the family are both really sick. So if I do go that way I will just be doing a porch drop off of stuff I have in my car that needs to be delivered.
    Costco is on my list! Don't need anything in particular just want to take a look around and hopefully they have some new yoga pants/capris. I need to replace a few pairs. Thinking Saturday will be my travel day and then Sunday my home day (clean/cook / get ready for the week)

Have a wonderful day and weekend everyone!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

TGIF and glad I forced myself to head out to fuel up the vehicle, then over to NF to price match a bit, half decent savings on needed fresh produce, milk and chx drumsticks. Decided to take advantage of the points on each can Pringles for DS. ( got him 5 ).

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning/ early afternoon.

Was up and at RCSS at 6:57 this morning and I thought I was early but there were a few lined up already. Used $90 in points earned $7 back( the most I’ve earned in forever) and paid $2.67 oop and claimed 75C on CO51.

Then hit up Safeway for Nextmilk and some veggies. Nextmilk reg $5.49 on sale $3.99 minus $2.00 CO51 so not bad for $1.99 each

Claimed some caddle 5c survey and 30c receipts. Not sure if it’s me but caddle seems crappy lately. All I have gotten is liquor offers, receipt offers and the odd survey.

Now I have a house full of groceries and ZERO interest in cooking . Anyone else have the best intentions of meal prepping and cooking but get home from shopping and have no interest in doing it and feel like there’s no food in the house?! All the stuff I bought has to be prepared and or cooked. The only prepackaged thing I bought was the mini chips ahoy cookies because they’re accidentally vegan. Is it socially acceptable to eat cookies for breakfast/lunch?
    Last edited by harbie; Fri, Jan 20th, 2023 at 04:02 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

harbie -too funny.Caddle is so slow lately ,pretty sure its not my desktop cause checkout51 is fast .Mind you caddle sent my cheque fast from last month and still waiting on checkout51 ,i messaged and she said they are so behind in the cheques.

Just went and got gas from esso ,didnt read the fine print on my p.c offer it said only get 2,500 bonus points on premium gas when you spend $25.00 or more .Who even buys premium gas ??

So tired woke up at 2.30 a.m last night as hubby had a bad dream and his hand flew out and got me on the cheek(it was light) but then i decided to go in the spare room and i think i only slept for and hour ,so only 4 hrs sleep .Tonight i will sleep by myself for sure.lol
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I was up at 2am as well. Mind you that was because the fire department was sitting outside my bedroom window idling with lights on. No fire so I went back to bed.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    harbie -too funny.Caddle is so slow lately ,pretty sure its not my desktop cause checkout51 is fast .Mind you caddle sent my cheque fast from last month and still waiting on checkout51 ,i messaged and she said they are so behind in the cheques.

Just went and got gas from esso ,didnt read the fine print on my p.c offer it said only get 2,500 bonus points on premium gas when you spend $25.00 or more .Who even buys premium gas ??

So tired woke up at 2.30 a.m last night as hubby had a bad dream and his hand flew out and got me on the cheek(it was light) but then i decided to go in the spare room and i think i only slept for and hour ,so only 4 hrs sleep .Tonight i will sleep by myself for sure.lol
    Yeah I only caught the "premium" part when I read it the 2nd time. I think they gave this offer to everyone since it is on both my cards.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie , I am with you 100% on the shopping than no ambition. This is why I try to get my shopping done during the week and my prep done on the weekend because I know if I go on the weekend by the time I get home I am done and don't want to prep. Also, feel the no food even though I just shopped, happens to me almost every time I go to Costco. I come home and claim we have no food because it all has to be cooked.

@coupon girl , I was so excited when I saw the Esso offer as I also had one last week (1,000 pts when you spend $10) but then saw the premium gas. That won't happen unless they are out of regular and offering premium for regular pricing. But lately, I have noticed gas stations are not doing this, twice I have been with someone getting gas and they were just out of regular and were not offering premium for the same price, it was take the premium or go elsewhere.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information