User Tag List

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My birthday is in 2 weeks..wow...I am not young anymore haha
    I dont calculate my savings with numbers,just happy to save money where I can especially in grocery
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m finally getting around to some teacher work. I marked Physical Science tests this morning. Washed two quilts. We went to Mark’s and Dh bought me some items that I wanted that were newly on clearance. I got two fleece zip up sweaters, mine is 15yrs old and wearing out. I also picked out two pairs of cargo pants that are nice enough for me to teach in. Good to have clothes with pockets that I can actually put my cell phone in at work. I often need my phone while teaching.

This afternoon I made chocolate sandwich cookies with cream cheese icing, first time trying this recipe. I also made cream cheese sugar cookies with our kids. We do this every year. This is also an edible dough. Yum.

Tonight’s supper is roast beef with carrots, onion, gravy, mashed potatoes, and toasted salad. After supper I’ll get the two pans of banana bread into the oven.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today's tasks took a little longer than I would have liked and one thing did not get done. But, I am not going to be hard on myself for not getting it done, there is always tomorrow.

I decided for today and really this whole week, that done is better than perfect.

Does my bathroom need a good deep clean? Yes, but for today just a normal cleaning will do.

Could the Kitchen use a good deep clean, wash the cabinets, scrub the walls? Yes, but for today emptying the dishwasher, reloading the dishwasher, doing the hand dishes, putting things away and washing the floors will do.

Should I pull apart my front hallway and deep clean it? Yes, but for today getting it vacuumed will do.

I did not get the upstairs floors done, the floors on the main floor took longer than expected. Plus I never factor in time to eat, oops.

The plan for tomorrow is to do the Upstairs Floors, Laundry and Tidy the Pantry/Stockpile Room. Anything above that will be gravy.

I think my big project for this week will be trying to find the top of my Dining Room Table, there is still so much stuff in the Dining Room that should be down in the basement but was brought up in case we flooded again. The table has become a dropping zone, I need to go through what is on the table figure out what we are keeping, find homes for things and see if there is anything that should just go. I had hoped to start on this today but it also did not happen, but again there is always tomorrow.

Going to crochet and unwind a little before heading to bed.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Had a nice little afternoon snack with my parents and now it’s off to the gym. It was too cold and super foggy this morning for our run.

I made 2 platters for us all. It’s all vegan including the smoked “salmon” appys.

Name:  441A30F3-C3F1-4718-AE9E-7F1EF9DC702E.jpeg
Views: 130
Size:  147.7 KB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m getting board of the beef barley vegetable soup that I keep making at the rental house. I’m looking for inspiration. I like to cook a couple times a week. I eat breakfast at home, then pack lunch and supper to eat at the school most days.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Try shredding some cheese onto the soup. Maybe some croutons. Or, dice some peppers to add a bit of zing.
    The best of both worlds might be to get some cheese already spiced with jalapenos.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I putted my interest in marketplace for a stationnary bike at 50$ and it is neg
    Hope I will have a response
    I want to put me in better physic shape for this year but not really wish to spend like 200$ and more like they are some bicycles at 3000$ wow
    and I figure it was a great way at 50$ to know if I like that...It does not seems to take a lots of place..and I have no space so that is good
    we shall see...

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Ugh, I woke up wide awake at 3 am but I was not starting my day at 3 am so I fell back asleep. BIG mistake, I should never fall back asleep, it does not go well for me, I always feel worse when I wake up later. I am 100% lacking ambition today.

But with that being said, I have started the Laundry and took out another bag of garbage. I did take out our Kitchen Garbage yesterday but we still had the Costco pack of Chicken to break down, once that was done, I was working on other things so it was put in a separate bag and I took it out this morning.

Last night we did a clean out the fridge type of Dinner. We made Baked Chicken using one of the Chicken Breasts from the Costco package, we now slice all of our Chicken Breasts in half and if we have Chicken Breasts we only have half a Chicken Breast. Really, we only need half a Costco Chicken Breast each but also helps to keep costs down. We had some leftover Loaded Baked Potato Bites from New Year's Eve we had as our side, plus I had some Butternut Squash Sliced up in the fridge that I roasted and was out veggie.

Now, tonight's dinner, hmmm, not sure yet. Lots of options, will have to see how I feel later and how much work I want to put into making dinner.

I know I need to get up and get things done, was hoping this cup of tea would hold my ambition but so far no luck.

Happy Monday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

In the "that was fun" file.

I am doing our laundry, no big deal. I have not done laundry since before the storm at Christmas. I knew the winds were bad at the back of our house and the Dryer Vent has fallen off and was in the house not on the wall so I was a little worried. But Mom pointed out to me the vent has been broken for quite a while and we have had storms.

Well, I went to put the towels in the dryer and all of this lint I had blown into my dryer. The good news is we just cleaned out the pipe so it was only that super fine lint we could not get out of the pipe. So I had to get my vacuum and vacuumed out the dryer before I could put the towels in. That was fun.

Also made a batch of Blueberries Muffins to use up some older Blueberries I had in the fridge. So in the middle of cleaning the dryer, I had to run back up to take my muffins out of the oven.

I did not have a lot of ambition to start today and now, I am feeling very done.

Going to take a break, maybe another cup of tea and then I need to push forward, ugh.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning, i work tomorrow. so today is finishing the dc room, and dc prep. add in rain all day tomorrow.. ugh.. need a plan . definatly need a plan.
    also working on menu plan. the weather has me all messed up. my go to winter menu doesnt sound good. first world problems. lol.

pretty much a laid back kinda day, and that is ok with me. have fun all
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -doing laundry and then we are invited to a couples house for homemade cookies and tea,along with their daughter (my son's best friends mom since age 4 )Yes my son has had a friend for 36 yrs ,i think that is awesome .If we didnt move around so much from my dad being in the army ,maybe i would have a long time friend .

I decided to take a small gift to my friend and her mom a small box of lindt and godiva chocolates i got on sale the other day $4.30 each and 2 tea towels each .They are really nice tea towels that were 20.00 for 6 but on for half off 10.00 at bed bath and beyond so for $7.62 it makes a nice small gift .Do chocolates and tea towels go together no but hey still a nice gift.

My bed pillows are so crappy ,my dear daughter noticed so in the new year i will be buying some for our bed .My daughters pillow is so comfy when i slept there ,she bought them from ikea for $25.00 each ,we will see.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Giseledta , I feel the same about meals right now. Now, do not get me wrong I am enjoying the warm weather and I am good with no snow but our regular meals just do not have the same appeal. Beef Stew, Sheppard's Pie, Soups and Casseroles are not jumping out at me right now.

@coupon girl , Chocolates go with everything LOL.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My friend said she made peanut butter banana bread ,cant wait to try a piece if hubby likes it i will get the recipe.

Sassy you are so right chocolates do go with everything .lol
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Jan 2nd, 2023 at 11:30 AM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Not working until Wednesday so more of what we’ve been doing. Relaxing, and running .

Another no spend day since I’m finishing up some laundry ( towels and yucky gym clothes) then it’s out for a walk, hitting the gym in our fresh clean smelling gym clothes and Dh and I are doing beauty day. I purchased some facial scrubs, masks and soothing eye patches so that’s our afternoon. Yes, Dh likes doing it. Actually he requested that we do it over the holidays. He likes the time to relax, listen to soft music, tune out everything and just decompress. Plus he get fantastic skin afterwards

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I got the bicycle for 45$ I will pick this up at 3:00 yay!!!

Note this is the add picture
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Jan 2nd, 2023 at 12:33 PM.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information