User Tag List

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , congrats on the bike.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up early today, was wide awake at 4:30 and did not let myself go back to sleep. Laid in bed and planned out my day a little bit in my head.

My big task for today is a Pantry/Stockpile Tidy, it needs some attention. I have a lot of bags on the floor waiting to be put away.

Need to do more work on the Dining Room Table, ugh, so much stuff piled up.

Thinking of making Homemade Chinese for dinner. Woke up with a craving, actually, I have been thinking about it for a couple of weeks but it hasn't happened so thinking today is the day. I will make some rice shortly so we have cold rice to make the Fried Rice, will pull Chicken for Rice plus make Beef and Broccoli. So excited for dinner tonight.

Have some of those day-to-day tasks the tackle, the dishwasher needs to be emptied there are a couple of hand dishes to be done. Really trying to keep on top of things. Hoping if I get back into a good routine things will fall into place. I need to stop leaving everything for the weekend because then I feel like I have no time off, I work all week and clean all weekend and then it feels like I never have downtime.

My goal for this week is to catch up on the house stuff so next week I can lay out a routine.

Happy Tuesday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-congrats on the bike ,i bought a recumbent bike yrs ago i need to get back into using it .

I would love to go out today before snowy weather happens but right now it is too foggy for me .I really need winter tops ,we will see.

Had a lovely visit with my friend and her mom and dad ,hubby and i enjoyed herself
    .They loved the tea towels -oh i needed some new ones was a comment i recieved.My friend said wow i would love to know some of your ways for saving ,so we will see if she meant that .

I mean these tea towels were so thick and lovely for 1.66 each ,and my neighbour always says to me bed bath and beyond is so expensive ,not if you are like me looking for deals year round plus i used the 20% coupon on top of that item.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Jan 3rd, 2023 at 09:22 AM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Breakfast Break, I will eat better in 2023. Keeping it simple this morning with Peanut Butter & Banana on Toast.

Dishwasher is emptied

Hand Dishes are done

Rice is Cooked and cooling to make Fried Rice tonight

There was a Cookie Sheet with Chicken in the Kitchen Freezer and another in the Chest Freezer. I put the Chicken on a Cookie Sheet so it freezes flat and goes into our Chicken Bin better. I took both trays and organized them and put them in the Chicken Bin in the Standup Freeze. We are officially stocked up on Chicken which makes me happy as 95% of our meals are Chicken.

Did a little shopping in the basement, I love being able to shop in my basement. I got:
    New spray cleaner for Mom for her work table
    Package of Lysol Wipes for Mom's table (Right now we are using the tubs of wipes but there is nowhere for Mom to put a Costco tub of wipes at her work table but, I also have some of the plastic packs so I grabbed her one of those)
    2 x Body Lotion, the winter dry skin has started
    1 x Chicken Chunks for the Chicken Fried Rice
    1 x Beef Strips for Beef and Broccoli
    1 x Broccoli for the Beef and Broccoli
    1 x Bread, I was out of bread and couldn't make toast for Breakfast

I also grabbed a bin for a project I am working on. I think if I sort the stuff in the Dining Room into a bin and then Mom can take the bin to the Living Room to sort it that will help. There really is nowhere in the Dining Room right now to put her stool and she cannot just stand for long periods of time. So this way she can help but hopefully, it won't cause her more pain.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today i went to visit sister-in-law- my older brother wife (who passed away last march) .I took homemade soup and cookies and we chatted and talked for 3 hours.I vaccumed for her ,she is looking great after having shoulder surgery last oct,a nice visit.

She gave me 2 spring /fall jackets for hubby ,plus a few fall shirts maybe 2 .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

We forgot 1 bag of milk in the fridge and it expired december 31...grrr so ...*&)*(& it was bad and all separated.
    but went to conveniance store to buy some and scored mini magnetic calendar for the fridge.
    Dinner is tourtiere as I bought a big one that expire january 10 at IGA december 31
    Notice for those who are ordering the Chapmans annual coupon 4$ now it is just good on ice cream not the others things like frozen yogurt and treats as before..grrrAt least I have one last from last year that expire in december 31,2023,I guess it is a rare one now.....

**********Circle K and Couche Tard instants wins games are back,see ln your apps or the link in contest,ends february 27,2023

Just passing the word**********
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Jan 3rd, 2023 at 05:55 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Did not get as much done as I had hoped today.

I was doing good this morning, getting things done and then it all stopped.

I do not feel sick but I feel off.

I did not get the Pantry Tidy done, but, I did force myself to spend 15 minutes working on the Dining Room Table. I put most of the food in a bin for Mom to sort through but Mom was not able to help today. She is not feeling her best, wondering if it is something she ate as we haven't been out of the house to catch anything.

Because Mom was feeling off, I thought I was going to need a plan B for dinner which would have been Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup (the lemon is very subtle) but she said no, go ahead with the homemade Chinese. It was amazing, well the Chicken Fried Rice was, the beef and broccoli did not have a lot of flavour, I think it was because some of the broccoli had some frost on it and I think it diluted the sauce.

Mom has spent some time on Pinterest looking for some quick grab-and-eat foods she can put in the fridge. I would say I get my skipping meals from her but Dad does it as well but, Dad replaces Coffee with meals and I replace tea with meals. I offered to take her Grocery Shopping Thursday.

I also found some new ideas for myself. I am really focused on Dinners right now but as I prepare to go back to work next week I need to focus on Breakfasts as well because it is the meal I skip the most.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a busy and productive day with the kids. 10% Tuesday at Sobeys, save $17.41 plus used coupons, etc. I had a medical appointment. Also felt with rejected dental receipts, had dental office fill out forms so that I could resubmit. My employer changed companies for my medical/dental coverage. I updated my dental coverage at our dental office…Dh has an appointment tomorrow morning. Both of our coverages combined should make it $0 oop for Dh’s appointment tomorrow. Did a few loads of laundry. Cooked waffles for lunch and my aunt’s baked cheese loaf with supper. I packed more stuff for my trip tomorrow. I leave at lunch time tomorrow and back to regular work schedule Thursday morning. It breaks my heart every time I have to leave.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Sorry I forgot to say it last week...
    But *********Since it is wednesday again dont forgot to save yours 4 favorites worthed pc offers******
    I just did mine
    Since I forgot to push up some offers I had just 5 offers so I moved the 4...grrr
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Looks like there might be some weather heading our way, ugh. They are calling for freezing rain overnight changing to snow so tomorrow might be a stay-at-home type of day. No big deal, I am still on shut down and my goal for shutdown was nothing, but to stay home (I am a homebody), rest, relax and try to get some home things done.

I will look at the flyers and see if there are any good deals. I do see No Frills has whole Chickens on sale which is one of the things I have been watching for to go on sale. I thought we had 3 whole chickens in the freezer but discovered when we defrosted the freezer, we only have 1. I would like to pick up a couple for the freezer.

Need to figure out dinner, it truly is the never-ending question. We still have tons of options left on my meal plan just need to decide what we feel like. Kind of thinking maybe Chicken Enchiladas. I was thinking of Zucchini Lasagna Roll-Ups but not feeling the tomato sauce. Or I could make one of the new meals to try on our meal plan. Kind of thinking of keeping it simple tonight. Will see how I feel after I get a few things done around the house.

I need to find my ambition, take a deep breath and tackle the basement pantry. I do not know why I keep putting it off, I think I am just being lazy. The pantry isn't bad. Now the Dining Room Table is a whole other story. So much crap has been piled up on the table, ugh. The whole Dining Room just needs to be emptied but I also know it will be frustrating because I know a lot of "stuff" will be deemed keep vs toss or donate or sell.

Happy Wednesday.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Taking a breakfast break, Peanut Butter and Banana on Toast again. I was going to try to make this Potato Dish I came up with, trying to find more breakfast options. I am not a big egg eater, I eat them here and there and I only eat Sunny Side-up or Hard Boiled, other forms I cannot handle the texture. Breakfast is hard for me, I get sick of breakfast foods quickly but I will work on it.

I took a shower after I finished my tea. I was feeling a touch congested and a headache coming on(pretty sure it was a sinus headache), so hoping the steam/heat would help and it did.

Still didn't have a ton of ambition or maybe it is just the fact I did not want to tackle the Pantry so I made myself go down for 15 minutes. When the 15 minutes were up I decided to try another 15 minutes and it worked. The pantry is not done but I did:
    Get the potatoes put away, I sort them and put the good ones (no marks or blemishes) in cardboard boxes, I find it really extended their life

I am trying to store one bag of onions in the basement, never tried it before but hoping it works as Onions are so expensive now and we use a lot, would love to be able to stock up when I see the 10lb bags on sale. Also, put these in a cardboard box and stored them away from the potatoes.

Lastly, I started to sort out the bags of groceries onto the chest freezer so when I go back down I can sort them into date order and put them on the shelves.

After Breakfast I will head back down and hopefully, get this done.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning all,

I’m back to work today and so is Dh. I wonder if I can remember how to get there and what to do , it feels like forever since I was working. Seriously, I could get used to the retired lifestyle but unfortunately that’s going to have to wait another 20-25 years!

I wish I had accomplished more while at home with regards to cleaning but I’m glad we just spent time relaxing. I’ll have to vacuum and dust a bit after work today but first I’ll pick up diesel.

No idea about dinner tonight so hopefully something will pop into my head today. I really need to meal plan at least a little bit.

Hope everyone has a great day and stays safe

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby went to dentist today as he had a loose tooth in the front near his 2 front teeth.Well this is going to be an expense ,we will find out in 3 weeks when he goes back of course we have coverage from his company he retired from but it isnt much .At least my dentist said we could pay installments if needed.No ,we dont want false teeth if we can keep our regular teeth.

Popped over to sons house to see the girls and stopped into fortinos to get ensure for hubby,jello and cream of wheat .I got a 4 slice of their hot pizza slices free as i kept my bill and called about a week and a half ago as i had to toss 2 pieces .So shared the pizza with son and the girls .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I spent several hours updating my teaching application before submitting it to the school division which is local to my children and Dh. My current principal sent me an email today to let me know that he completed the reference survey and talked to the superintendent today. He gave me a very good reference. Hopefully I get called for an interview in the months to come and finally receive a continuing teaching contract in my preferred school division.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 , wishing you good luck on getting a position closer to home.

Were you able to resolve the issue with Scene+?
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information