User Tag List

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day my friends! I come in peace and in wanting to pick your brains mode!
    Question of the day do I switch from oil to gas for heating? Worth the cost? Any thoughts,suggestions, experiences greatly welcome and appreciated!
    Enjoy the rest of your day and the week ahead!
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Thank you very much
    You're welcome. I will mail out tomorrow ( I can't reply to your message for some reason)
    harbie, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I spent the day cleaning and taking all the Christmas down. House looks amazing, well except the basement as I still need to put stuff in storage. We no longer have a cleaning person. She moved and for now I am not going to look to replace her. It’s 300.00 a month in savings so it’s going into my retirement fund.
    DS1 made dinner and we did the menu plan for the week, it feels like I got a lot done today. DS2 did the laundry before he went back to school. Feels good to start the week ahead of the game.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Ugh, it has been a morning already. Our system was still locked this morning but turns out it was an error and the lock should have been released Friday.

But, I am not letting that get me down, today will be a good day.

I am already on track with my eating, I made myself take the time to grab my breakfast, so I did not skip a meal. Well, I was waiting for Breakfast to heat up I emptied part of the dishwasher.

I will find balance this year, I will.

I need to figure out dinner for tonight. Originally I was thinking of a Slow Cooker Meal but my plan was to figure out dinner when I got up at 6, it is now 9:30 and I am just trying to figure out dinner. So now I am thinking either Chicken Alfredo or Egg Roll in Bowl. Will see if Mom has a preference.

Happy Monday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -taking the ornaments off my tree ,being very carefull as 2 of them are 40+ yrs old .Then work on my tree.May pop out to get fresh fruit later .

Just made smoothie for hubby .

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@Skippy sorry but I’m of ZERO help as we have electric baseboard heaters. The only gas I’ve had is a fireplace once and when I have too much beans sorry, I had too go there

Thanks for the coupons @Frugalbigmama . Weird that you can’t reply? Hmmmmmm….. maybe a weird SC issue is now arising.

Not sure what the plans for Dh and I are today yet. He wants to do something that will make me smile he said. Last night we got news that my brother and his wife had to say goodbye to their pupper and while we all new it was coming it hit me harder than I expected. It brought back all the memories of saying our goodbye. I know some people don’t understand the grief of loosing a furbaby but it’s real and it’s hard. We were not able to have children (fertility issues and then cancer for me) so he was out only baby. Anyways it hit hard and I was in tears all night and feel exhausted this morning. Gotta love Dh for wanting to make me smile.

Have a great Monday everyone

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Skippy I WILL speak with my Sister and BIL who changed their old house from oil to gas furnace before they sold it. They both kind of work, BIL is an in demand animal babysitter.
    He has at least 3-4 clients on the go atm. Sis directs traffic....ha ha, crossing guard.
    I'll let you know what they say about it.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie *HUGS*
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Skippy , I am no help. We currently heat with electric.

In our old house, we had gas heating but we went from Electric to Natural Gas. At the time the saving were good but I have no comparison to Oil.

I will say I have seen a lot of people on the internet recently saying how their last gas bill skyrockets due to the new Carbon Tax rules. Not sure what they are talking about as I may have seen something online about it but since we do not heat with gas I probably skipped the article.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Finally had something to eat (Eggs and toast)
    Cleaned up the kitchen.
    Leftovers in the fridge for dinner. (no cooking tonight!)
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would definitely switch. We switched from Oil (large oil tank in the basement) to gas (line into the house from the city) about 8 years ago. At the time we saved a HUGE amount of money. I would think the savings would be similar today. We also switched from an oil boiler (radiators) to a gas boiler with on-demand hot water (gas) from electric hot water heater. We could not be happier cost wise (compared to oil costs) and also we now have unlimited hot showers and water. No more one person using up all the hot water 😁

Of course YMMV but we are very happy with the decision to move from oil.

Please feel free to ask any further questions and I will comment based on our experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Good day my friends! I come in peace and in wanting to pick your brains mode!
    Question of the day do I switch from oil to gas for heating? Worth the cost? Any thoughts,suggestions, experiences greatly welcome and appreciated!
    Enjoy the rest of your day and the week ahead!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I was going to go for a little drive out of town tonight but I don't think it is worth it. Light rain and we are sitting at 0.
    Parked the car in the garage and will stay in. I need Spring

*Freezing rain just started! Glad I had already talked myself into staying home.

Think it is a better plan to take my portable table up to my room and start decluttering! Posting everything for sale and see what I can bring in for the "Crap Sold" Envelope
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Jan 9th, 2023 at 02:50 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I faced that I wont return to school...for now...My body and mental health just could not handle it..that means less money ..I will resuscribe by my own when I will be more ok..this is a tough decision...familly is not happy...but it is what it is...I need to said and writhe it to the school...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@cath007 making that decision could not have been an easy one for you but if it was done to keep your own health in good order then I applaud your choice. Family will just have to respect your choice.

@harbie I totally missed the 2nd half of your post about your poor DB and SIL having to grieve the loss of their sweet pup. You were right that no one gets it unless they have lost a furbaby. (((hugs ))) to you as well having to relive your own loss. Triggers come when we don't expect them.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well the crappy weather outside makes me wanting a yummy dinner. Pasta it is!
    Pulled the cooked ground beef from the freezer and the sauce is simmering and just started the pasta.
    Will be leftovers for tomorrow so no cooking tomorrow for sure. (I need to make sure leftovers get eaten so trying not to have too many leftovers in the fridge)
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information