User Tag List

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning all,

Worked yesterday. Was able to claim another $2 on CO51. I’m now up to a whopping $15.50 this year. Pretty good since there isn’t always a lot of vegan stuff. I wish they’d bring back veggie offers. They were small but at least it was something.

Just have to fold a few towels and then I’m done with laundry. I’ll have to make a Costco list since I never did it and a flyer list of other things to restock the pantry.

PC offers are awful like usual. What’s up with them? I keep getting offers for frozen beef burgers, chicken strips and lots of cheese and sour cream. I haven’t tried purchased that stuff since 2018! Heaven forbid Mr Weston gives people offers for things they actually buy and things that are healthy!

Dh and I will have to go through our financial plan and get ready for our meeting with out FA. It’s not until the 30th but I need to be prepared early.

I might hit up Costco today since I need to go to the bank anyways but I’m not looking forward to it. We have a rain warning ( surprise surprise ) and I really don’t like the rain.

I’m going to try and make a reverse shopping list from the pantry but we’ll see if I find the energy.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Good morning all,

Worked yesterday. Was able to claim another $2 on CO51. I’m now up to a whopping $15.50 this year. Pretty good since there isn’t always a lot of vegan stuff. I wish they’d bring back veggie offers. They were small but at least it was something.

Just have to fold a few towels and then I’m done with laundry. I’ll have to make a Costco list since I never did it and a flyer list of other things to restock the pantry.

PC offers are awful like usual. What’s up with them? I keep getting offers for frozen beef burgers, chicken strips and lots of cheese and sour cream. I haven’t tried purchased that stuff since 2018! Heaven forbid Mr Weston gives people offers for things they actually buy and things that are healthy!

Dh and I will have to go through our financial plan and get ready for our meeting with out FA. It’s not until the 30th but I need to be prepared early.

I might hit up Costco today since I need to go to the bank anyways but I’m not looking forward to it. We have a rain warning ( surprise surprise ) and I really don’t like the rain.

I’m going to try and make a reverse shopping list from the pantry but we’ll see if I find the energy.
    I have one PC offer I plan to use 1000 pts when I get $10 in gas lol. I haven't had a good point offer in months on anything.
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama , I got the same gas offer which I will be using as I will need to fill up and Esso is my station of choice.

Mine were not too bad this week although since No Frills did deny one Price Match I could not take advantage of one offer, but I did get Mushrooms, Fries and Broth on sale plus points.

They keep giving me No Names Pickled Vegetables or Artichokes, like every week and we have never bought these items.
    harbie and barbis9 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Loving my airfryer. It is perfect for heating up lunch for one (chicken!) Much better then the microwave and no need to heat the oven for something so small.
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

we recently got one to replace our toaster oven; it's a Gourmia with double doors from walmart during the black friday sale (i think $80) and we are loving it too! it's big enough to cook a frozen pizza (the regular sized ones from the stores). You are right - no need to use the big oven!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Loving my airfryer. It is perfect for heating up lunch for one (chicken!) Much better then the microwave and no need to heat the oven for something so small.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    we recently got one to replace our toaster oven; it's a Gourmia with double doors from walmart during the black friday sale (i think $80) and we are loving it too! it's big enough to cook a frozen pizza (the regular sized ones from the stores). You are right - no need to use the big oven!!
    I love it for the kids. No worries about them leaving the oven on!!
    harbie, Purdee and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I decided to run to No Frills to get what we needed as the weather is not looking good for tomorrow and my plan was to shop after my meeting tomorrow but the meeting may be cancelled.

I got:
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Mushrooms 680g $4
    1 x Peppers 4-pack $2.88 (They were out of the Naturally Imperfect)
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Carrot 5lbs $3.00
    1 x Grapes $1.88/lb (PM Freshco)
    1 x Bananas
    2 x Strawberries 2/$4.88
    1 x Everything Bagels $2.88
    1 x Cinnamon Raisin Bagels $2.88
    4 x Rooster Ramen Noodles (6 noodle stacks without the flavour packets) $1.69
    2 x No Name Cake Mix $1.75 WUB 2
    1 x Dried Chives $2.00
    4 x Beef Broth $1.47 (PM Wal-Mart)
    4 x No Name Fries $2.00
    1 x Halls
    1 x Comet Cleaner $1.49

My super deal was I could Cottonelle Flushable Wipes, a box of 336 wipes (8 packs of 42 wipes) for $3.74. As per the sale sign, I saved $9.25/box. I got 6 boxes as this is cheaper than Costco.

A few odd purchases this week, the Halls we were going to get at Wal-Mart but may not make it and Mom likes one at night before bed.

The comet is for Mom she prefers it over the liquid toilet bowl cleaner, I use the liquid.

The Chives were because I broke the jar in the basement and I did not know how full the jar in the kitchen is.

Normally I would not buy 4 bags of fries at the same time but since I had a PC offer and we have the freezer space.

I want to try the No Name Cake Mixes. Cake Mix is getting expensive but so is flour so I do not think it is any cheaper to make my own.

They refused my price match on Lemons as the ones they had were from the USA but the Food Basics said theirs were from Brazil. But I already needed to go to Food Basics as they have a few multi-buys I want to get and No Frills will not price match those.

When I left to go to the store, it was doing nothing, when I pulled in it was freezing rain, and when I came out it was raining.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. I was in hospital for 7 weeks-8 general anesthetics and treatments later I am well again and catching up on life. Today hubs and I went to the discount produce store-the best deals were:
    Pineapples $1.00,
    14 lb box of mini mandarin oranges $2,
    fresh cranberries 3 for $1.00,
    grapes .99 per lb,
    large cauliflower $3.88,
    limes 5 for $1,
    avocados 3 for $1.
    free bag of carrots for spending $30

Hubs also received $75 in gift cards to a mall from his job so I stocked up at Safeway on groceries including some meet. Anyway we have a couple of guests arriving for an overnight this weekend and we have more than enough food to keep us going a week or more!!

DH and I are going to the play Fiddler on the Roof on Saturday which should be nice. I am busy planning plenty of summer travel. I hope everyone is doing well.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Thu, Jan 12th, 2023 at 02:20 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, Purdee and 4 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

smart @SassyAshley to get your shopping out of the way today, we are also expecting snow starting at midnight tonight. I'm kinda pissed off that FB has different sale items in different flyers of theirs. Since I never got my bundle this morning I couldn't wait any longer ( guys will need the vehicle for work ) so I left and went to my Scarboro FB thinking to grab the Red Prince apples on sale and also decided that I'd bite the bullet and pay a few cents more for some other things on my list just to get the shopping over with.

The shop was not all bad, in fact some things were a better quality and lower price than at NF but cannot believe that location did not have the Red Prince apples. Grrrr...I will decide in the morning if it is worth a drive to the Pickering location to grab DH these. He waits so " impatiently " for them to show up each winter.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Hi @Skippy ...have you ever not known me to seize an opportunity like this ? Let me preface this post by first saying I am so sorry about your hurting rib cage, no really I am! However, now I have to post a video, maybe it will give you ideas on how to descend the stairs quickly with little risk and in a more efficient manner. The trick is of course is to SEND KITTY DOWN FIRST! bwahaha!

@walkonby you're not funny!
    You're hilarious! I actually did that same sort of thing but in a cardboard box many years ago. I thank you for the suggestion and cute cat video

Thank you all for the best wishes!
    Last edited by Skippy; Thu, Jan 12th, 2023 at 02:54 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Slow day today not getting much done other than my walk and a quick stop at Sobeys for their yogurt deal of Yoplait 16 [email protected] 1000 Scene Points back wub 4
    which brings price down to $2.99. The price of the yogurt we usually buy has shot through the roof so substitutions necessary.
    PC optimum offers are also quite poor as usually for products we bought not very long ago so don't need more or something we would never buy. Store flyer deals are not as good as before IMO and it has to be worth my time and effort to go to several stores.Sometimes it's not doable but my needs are still met for which I give thanks.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lizzie bargain , oh no, sorry to hear you were sick but good news you are feeling better.

I was just thinking the other day we have no heard from you and was wondering if you were on one of your adventures.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

An adventure of a different sort unfortunately-but I plan to get back to more fun adventures soon enough!
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. I was in hospital for 7 weeks-8 general anesthetics and treatments later I am well again and catching up on life. Today hubs and I went to the discount produce store-the best deals were:
    Pineapples $1.00,
    14 lb box of mini mandarin oranges $2,
    fresh cranberries 3 for $1.00,
    grapes .99 per lb,
    large cauliflower $3.88,
    limes 5 for $1,
    avocados 3 for $1.
    free bag of carrots for spending $30

Hubs also received $75 in gift cards to a mall from his job so I stocked up at Safeway on groceries including some meet. Anyway we have a couple of guests arriving for an overnight this weekend and we have more than enough food to keep us going a week or more!!

DH and I are going to the play Fiddler on the Roof on Saturday which should be nice. I am busy planning plenty of summer travel. I hope everyone is doing well.

@lizzie bargain so sorry you were not well . Happy you are back to your normal self.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@lizzie bargain I’m glad to see you’re back. 7 weeks is a long time with 8 surgeries is huge! Good to hear you’re back and doing well

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information