User Tag List

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Making dinner now. Had no plan. Grabbed a bag of shrimp from the freezer, tossed potatos in the air fryer and made salad. A dinner plan!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am also not a fan of scene. I did really well with it in Nova Scotia in the summer, they had great offers when they rolled it out at sobeys and here in Ontario they were meh with the roll out. I am also a little nervous to redeem because of Angela273s story. I have $40.00 in points.
    Coupongirl, thanks for the update on CO 51 because I have been waiting a month for my cheque.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I forgot I also used $4.34 at Safeway in gas coupons that Dh found at the pumps that were left behind. Every little bit helps.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/447370...ath007-canada/

I redid a little bit another call in ,email,phone thread with more compagny if you want to take a look.

And I added yesterday a good bunch of new printables coupons too!!!
    All set for savings money
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I worked in the branch yesterday as I was covering a manager so feeling a little behind, there are a few things I would have liked to have gotten done yesterday but did not happen. Plus I did not finish my to-do list or write my meal plan so feeling a little behind today.

Plus, I talked to my boss and it seems like all of my projects that are on hold will get the go-ahead on Monday or the parts I am waiting to come from others will come Monday. Plus, last night our IT guy emailed us and our Test System for the Upgrade is now live. Yep, feeling a little overwhelmed, but I got this.

I do have a bunch of prep and some cleaning I need to get done today so I will head off and start that soon, just need some tea first. Plus, I need to write my meal plan so I know if there is anything I need to prep for our meals this week. I am thinking of maybe making soup for the week plus some homemade bread to go with it.

Plus I might work ahead and get some stuff done because it looks like next week might be a little insane for me. I have multiple large projects that will start, plus we will probably go into testing for the new system and the following week I have a new staff member starting the following week and I have no training plan for their position. Oh my, but I think I got it.

Happy Saturday
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-it has been a bit past a month for me from checkout51 for my cheque .

I find scene offers not as great as the airmiles i got when i went to sobeys.Now they have certain offers only for freshco and some only for sobeys like for example this week i have an offer for eggs compliments brand for 50 points but only at sobeys not freshco and sobeys is more expensive .Mind you i still like all points programs ,but this one is a bit harder to achieve points i think.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , I find with Scene Points there are a lot of times I shop and get no points. I find with PC Points between a personal offer or in-store offers it is extremely rare I shop and get no points.

I do not know if it is an issue of Scene getting to know your shopping habits and the offers will improve but I find even with the offers they send me, they never match up with a sale. This week I got Lemons but it has to be single Lemons which were $0.99/each or I could get a 2lb bag at Food Basics for $2.98. Without points, Food Basics was the better deal, in the bags I got, I got 5 or 6 lemons per bag.

Plus if my cashier was right and you cannot Price Match items that have bonus in-store points, I do not see the deals will be there like PC. The number of times with PC I have been able to price match the product in the buy 4 get X points and got them free or almost free.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    For some reason, my body decided to be wide awake at 4 am this morning. I did not get up right away, seeing 4 days in a day is always a challenge so instead of getting up right away, I read a chapter in the book I am reading, organized and planned my grocery shopping and just enjoyed the silence.

There are a few good deals to be had this week but price matching is not going to work this week so it is to all the stores I go kind of week.

I am not sure if it is because I just generally do not shop at Sobey's or Freshco but I am not sure about the Scene+ program. I will collect the points and take advantage of the member's pricing and it may just be me but I am not sure it will compare to PC Points. Not sure I see Freshco becoming my preferred store, just feel like I get more out of PC Points.

Yes, one of the things I did before I got up was look at the scene app and see what this week's offers were like.

Today is going to be a busy day, I have to write a training plan and set up a system to help someone who is struggling. It is going to be interesting, I always forget just how long it takes me to write a training plan. Plus, setting up a system for one person is always a unique circumstance. I am feeling a little bit of pressure but I know I got this.

Happy Thursday everyone.
    @SassyAshley I thought that when the scene points program rolled out at FreshCo I would shop there more often but . I find I preferred to shop at RCSS still. None of the offers will line up for me and I am not getting personalized offer for FreshCo. Sobeys is too far so I don’t shop there .
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Think I am done everything I will do for Today in the kitchen. I see we have a lot of already cut-up veggies we did not eat this week and need to use so maybe tomorrow morning I will cook some stuff for the week. I have taken inventory and will spend some time on Pinterest a little later.

Blueberry Muffins are made.

Romaine has been processed, the outer layers cut off and chopped for the week. The rest has been wrapped in paper towels and in the fridge.

Peppers and Green Onions have been chopped for the week.

Mini Cucumbers and Grapes have been washed.

Kiwi and Strawberries cut up.

Just remember I did not put paper towels in the bread I bought, I will do that now.

I cleaned as I went so the kitchen is clean.

Now, to get a little cleaning done.
    barbis9, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I tried to work the Scene points today but failed.

Freshco has the buy 4 get 300 pts, so I was going to get 2 packs of lettuce and 2 bags of lemons but when I got there they did not have the Andy Boy Romaine that was shown in their flyer, they had Dole 3-packs. I tried (which I knew might be pushing my luck) and asked before I even did my shopping since they were subbing Dole for Andy Boy could I Price Match Food Basics, originally I was told yes as long as both were 3-packs but then they said no.

Then she was not sure if since the Lemons had bonus Scene Points if I could Price Match, I pointed out that since I could not Price Match lettuce I wouldn't get the Scene points for the Lemon but she was not sure, so I said forget it since I was going to Food Basics anyways for Eggs and Romaine.

I tried to Price Match Butter to Zehrs which is around the corner and is literally 3 minutes away. Turns out they do not Price Match Zehrs because it is considered a High-End grocery store and they only Price Match similar level stores (Walmart, Food Basics, No Frills). I swear just before Christmas I Price Matched Zehrs there with no issue.

Because they would not Price Match Zehrs, I did not reach $50 for my bonus 500 pts.

Maybe it is because I am just used to Price Matching at No Frills and I realize the lettuce was a bit of a reach but what got me is I asked first. I am not a person who tries to push the rules, I do not want attention on me and backing up checkout because my Price Matches are denied. I do everything I can to follow the rules. It just was not a good shopping trip and then because they would not Price Match I still had to go to No Frills. My plan has been Freshco instead of No Frills this week.

Came home and our water was off so I walked around my bed to get my hand sanitizer and I did not see that somehow everything was falling off my shelves and wire basket I forgot I even owned got caught on my pants and down I went. Landed on the same knee I messed up really bad when I fell last year. So on the couch with an Ice Pack. *Fingers Crossed* it doesn't seem too bad but I did take some Advil as I also felt like I tweaked my back.

I do not know what it is about this week but I saw someone posted on IG that it is a new Moon tomorrow so maybe it is that. I have been off all week, I have felt anxious and like I am spinning and just not myself all week. Today was the first day I was feeling like me until all of this happened. The good news is tomorrow is Friday.
    @SassyAshley after reading your post about the PM at FreshCo with the Lettuce I stopped in there this morning when I went for my walk . I was curious to know what the response I would get for the PM with the lettuce with Food Basic and I was told I could PM it .

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I agree with everyone about the scene program. I actually only shop freshco if something is a smokin deal and I’m out that way getting diesel (it’s across from the shell) and I only shop Safeway when there is a sale (and I don’t want to PM it since it’s really close to us) plus we use gas coupons but never shop for the points.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

This lack of sun in ontario is really getting to me .Is anyone else like this ? I had a great sleep last night but i am not that motivated to do anything really .

I need groceries sort of ,but dont wish to do a big haul ,so i have been doing smaller shops.

I may pop out in the car ,to a few stores .

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@coupon girl I feel the same. I’m not interested in getting to spring I want to go straight to summer! It’s another overcast day here and cold. I just washed to snuggle up on the couch and stay warm. It really sucks that almost all of our friends are or have been going to warmer climates and I’m just NOT ready to get on a plane now. We could drive but that would mean taking 3weeks off work and I’m not prepared to do that to my clients or myself for that matter ( my work when I returned would be overwhelming).

Nothing really planned for today. Groceries bought, wiped and out away. Cleaning was 99% done yesterday, not much laundry except the bedding. I’ll see if I can drag my mom out for a walk to the $ store to get some disposable loaf tins for my “meatloaf “ I plan to make tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@coupon girl me too, about the lack of sunshine. I am no sun worshiper, in fact other than all the years I walked the streets delivering mail when I had my druthers I usually avoided sitting in it. That being said, I still want to feel it's daily presence warming my soul, brightening the paths and feeding my plants. ( Hmmmm, I think I just described my DH? lol )

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thank you everyone for your point program posts. I wonÂ’t take it personally that my deals often suck.
    QOTD: is the coming soon PC points days the one where I have to stand on my head and try to calculate if it is a good deal when item(s)not on sale yet points given?
    @coupongirl indeed you are not alone in missing the sunshine. Even with my usual mind meds I do find it a tough go. I still swear by my walking that it makes a difference and also having the lights on and sitting under a lamp helps.Hope that you will find what works best for you!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information