Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: 2023 Financial Goals/Resolutions

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

End of month budget clean up.

Annual car and house insurance paid.
    Received final property tax bill. Went up of course. The amount put away monthly for the bill is still higher then what it is but thinking I may bump it up to be ahead of the game. I'm sure its just going to keep going up.

PC pts Card #1 $480.
    PC pts Card #2 $52
    CT $ on the card $85

I have a full tank of gas and don't plan on going far the next week so that should last.

Groceries- Shopping the sales. Fresh stuff for the most part.

Vacation- Cruise booked for 2024. Flights/deposit on cruise and room for night before cruise booked and paid for.
    (My wonderful sister did all the planning for the group )

Goal this month- Keep puttering in the garage and posting stuff for sale. Posted 3 items last week and collected $60 so just have to keep at it.
    (Putting the money aside for something- not sure what yet)

Planning for a frugal month!
    coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Mid-month budget clean up.

Moved $ for House and Car insurance to account.

PC pts
    Card #1 $496.00
    Card #2 $60.00

CT $ on the card- No change I don't think approx $85

Moved forward $120 for groceries and $60 for gas. Will not touch this money this period so it can move forward.
    Will use change for fresh groceries needed only and I have $125 in bills in my purse for a gas top up (have half a tank of gas so will top up this weekend)
    (Groceries- Just buying fresh stuff the next 2 weeks unless a spectacular deal is found)

Will be posting our junk for sale this weekend and saving the money for a goal.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

August is buy a new pair of walking shoes time for me. The current shoes will have to be replaced-will see what can be bought for under $80 before taxes if possible. Budget $100 (for shipping too).

Also want to see two movies (ideally on Tuesday if it's less expensive for a ticket) and perhaps a beverage or popcorn each time) and visit an exhibit at the art gallery next month as exhibit will close towards the end of August. That means more Presto bus fares, likely $15 (one theatre is across from a different library branch, an opportunity for different magazines to be taken out). Budget $80 for the above (I probably need to add $10).

This month, I had a gift stroller purchase made via a friend with a credit card. She earned 1% from Rakuten and I gave her 9% more as a thank you/commission. Win-win for both of us.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Budget update. Haven't posted in awhile so thought I should so I can see my point progress.

PC PTS
    $647 Card #1
    $81 Card #2

$88.18 CT $ on the card (still have CT bucks that I should use up soon too)

5872 Scene Pts (points are mostly from Scene Visa offer years ago) I just used card at Foodland the other day for 1st time for a point offer. Will watch for more and see if I can work this point system.

Have a girls weekend in a month. Already paid my portion for the condo. Have put cash in my purse for my spending. (Dinner out 1 night for sure) I'm not much of a drinker but will pick up a few coolers this weekend to put away for then. The 1st night we plan to stay in so we are bringing food. Will have to figure out what I am bringing. Love paying/planning for things like this ahead of time so when the activity arrives you don't owe $$.

Have a $651 Credit on my main credit card (PC M/C) Guess I overpaid it. That is ok! Will use this card for planned spending the next while. (oil change/winter tire swap)

Selling junk- Need to get on this. Had a $10 sale the other day and they paid via e-transfer. I just transferred $ to travel account.
    Giving myself a goal of collecting $200 by September 30th. I better start posting tonight!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Payday! End of month update.

PC PTS
    $686.00 Card #1
    $82.00 Card #2

$165.91 CT $ on the card (still have CT bucks that I should use up soon too)

5872 Scene Pts

Groceries- We are shopping simple and not going overboard. Mainly fresh stuff and just what we know we will use up in a timely manner.

Gas- Have $ still put in glove compartment for gas fill ups. Have $21 left on CT GC I bought on discount last week. Will use this first.

Halloween- Have bought 2 bags of suckers and one box of chips (sales) Will keep eye for sales so we have what we need.

Car Maintenance- Will need an oil change and winter tire swap this month. (think we will ask someone to do winter swap and just give him the $$)

Am away 3 times this upcoming this month but shouldn't cost too much. 2 different 3 day weekends away-one to visit family 6.5 hrs away and the other is a girls weekend (condo paid for already) then a 3-5 day visit with my friend which will really just be cost of gas 9 hrs round trip. I will bring food as I plan to make us dinner the nights there
    coupon girl, crafter and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Mid Month Budge Clean up.

PC Pts
    Card #1 $712
    Card #2 $84 ( I have a good shrimp offer so I may redeem/stock us up for the winter)

Nothing exciting happening. Same old.
    crafter and Ciel21 like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information