User Tag List

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: March 2023 Frugal Chat

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@harbie I STILL cry when I see pics of your Harley! She had the greatest doggy smile! The plant your the vet gave you has taken off tremendously!

Name:  7D68865C-0744-4889-A331-E75AAD8AF8DB.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  14.1 KB

I talked myself out of shopping today since Thursday brings a whole new slew of sales. NF had given me a spend offer last week, but why spend the remaining $75.00 to reach their threshold when I don't need $75.00 worth of more " stuff "?
    These types of offers are great when you do a top up, or a restock shop or if you're hosting a big celebratory event, but otherwise they bug me!
    Also the vehicle still has half a tank of gas, so no need to head out for that. It'll be two birds one stone tomorrow for me!

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

2 Lasagna made and the kitchen is 95% clean! Geez it is a lot of work but nice when it is done. (and I didn't even have to cook up the beef- I used the leftover meat sauce from the other day

House stuff- Never ending @sassy. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

Laundry- I should put a load on and hang it to dry today. Once the kitchen is done I will do that.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sueshe-thanks for the nice comment .I am really loving plants ,the peace lily from my dear moms passing is hard to keep thou (10 yrs now) so i decided to move it to the upstairs bathroom with a skylight.

Also love your plants ,very beautifull.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama , housework is never ending as soon as I think I am done, it is time to start all over.

The kitchen, the kitchen is always dirty, as soon as you clean it, it is time for another meal.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    House stuff- Never ending @sassy. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @Frugalbigmama , housework is never ending as soon as I think I am done, it is time to start all over.
    The kitchen, the kitchen is always dirty, as soon as you clean it, it is time for another meal.
    May I just add 2 words to both of your very accurate posts @Frugalbigmama and @SassyAshley ?

CAT HAIR!! argh!! I can sweep the kitchen floor every day and still lose the fight with flying cat hair.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning.

I’ve tweaked my back again…… actually it’s been about 4 years since I had a blowout so I can’t complain. It’s bad enough that I’ve cancelled work today and tomorrow and going to my RMT this afternoon. Even though it’s painful it’s also WAY better than blowouts in the past but I’ve learned to take the time to heal rather than pushing through it and causing more damage.

I’m not able to do much but I did manage to “make the bed” to the best of my ability. I’ll fold some laundry and tidy some papers in between my routine of stretches.

I’m headed out for a slow walk in the sunshine.

Have a great day everyone.

Thanks @walkonby . I cry a lot still when I see pics of Harley. He was our baby and I miss him more than I miss anyone who I’ve lost.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie , oh no, hope you feel better soon. Nothing is worse than back pain.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Thanks @SassyAshley it’s weird because I’ve always had back problems. There was an accident when I was around 8 years old where a man climbing a ladder fell on me and crushed me and in the 10th grade I was in a car accident but since we changed our eating and have been exercising and specifically strength training it hasn’t given me any real problems in 4 years until now.

Even though it’s painful now it’s NOTHING like it used to be. It used to get so bad that when I had a blowout I would have to get Dh to help me get to and on and off the toilet. I thought I’d pass out from the pain so I can’t really complain now. 4 years ago it was so as that my sciatica prevented me from sleeping for 4 days until I could get to my RMT.

Anyways, just fine another round of stretching so now to walk outside

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Thanks @SassyAshley it’s weird because I’ve always had back problems. There was an accident when I was around 8 years old where a man climbing a ladder fell on me and crushed me and in the 10th grade I was in a car accident but since we changed our eating and have been exercising and specifically strength training it hasn’t given me any real problems in 4 years until now.

Even though it’s painful now it’s NOTHING like it used to be. It used to get so bad that when I had a blowout I would have to get Dh to help me get to and on and off the toilet. I thought I’d pass out from the pain so I can’t really complain now. 4 years ago it was so as that my sciatica prevented me from sleeping for 4 days until I could get to my RMT.
    I, too, managed to get my lower back problems under control. However, if I fail to run or stretch for a few days, they seem to start re-appearing. I am more concerned over the long run. I can handle/manage it now, but what about when I get much older and cannot be as physically active? Once I hit 70, will I be forced to just live with chronic nagging pain? The mere thought scares me.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We that storm rolled in fast.

I was sitting here working away and all of a sudden it got super dark and then the snow came. It was snowing sideways and within 2 minutes it was accumulating.

We went from no snow on the lawn to a white blanket in 2 minutes.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yup. us too @SassyAshley . Again I was oblivious to the white stuff falling from the sky until the tv signal died, then I knew!
    Oh no @harbie your back! We've all been there, for me it flared more with age and less activity in retirement. I am relieved
    that you can recognize the grade level of the pain and find some comfort in knowing this is not the worst that you've had it.
    Sending positive vibes for a speedy healing recovery!!
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I was not capable to do the exam so it is a fail...another one....I am pretty sure its the end of my program for me soon...I am pretty sad about that and depress so tonight just lurking on sc and internet.
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Mar 29th, 2023 at 06:18 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@cath007 sorry to hear that things turned out this way for you. Try to keep your spirits up, maybe something else will come along.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , oh no, I am so sorry.
    harbie, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I wrote my grocery list last night and there are some really good deals to be had this week so going to take advantage of those. I also checked my offers this morning and I have a few good offers I want to take advantage of.

We have our last status meeting before go-live today, hoping nothing pops out or comes to light during this meeting. I will admit the last 2 days I have been pretty stressed as a few things have popped up last minute.

I feel like if I can tackle a few house things today and tomorrow, I may be able to take this weekend off. In reality, I may or may not take the weekend off it will depend, on how I feel but having the option would be nice as normally taking a weekend off from house stuff means I am behind all week.

Happy Thursday Everyone
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information