User Tag List

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1419Likes

Thread: April 2023 Frugal Chat

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to shoppers and only spent $13 stuck to my list milk,strawberries ,chocolate milk after seniors discount.

Found 2 beer cans by my car on the outside of plaza.
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF!!!

Booked Monday off so looking forward to a 3 day weekend. Thinking of heading somewhere on Sunday for the night.

In vacation planning mode! Considering a few nights in Buttermilk State Park, NY. There are some waterfalls to check out and would be a nice break during a road trip. Pulling up the map today and see where to go!

Have a wonderful weekend!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Attachment 379310
    Forgot to mention that if anyone likes those tiny bottles of drinkable yogurt NF had coupons right in the Dairy section next to the 750 gram tubs of Oikos that I PM for just $5.99 from FB.
    Purchase of 1 tub gets you 1 free bottle of that yogurt. Personally I wanted to gag but someone here may enjoy it. The regular price for 1 tiny bottle was $2.29!! wowza! Glad it was free.
    Just as I expected, both DS and DH made a " yucky " face at the mention of that drinkable yogurt, however....at their workplace there is a kid who loves that stuff! So they'll pack it in their lunch pails for him. At least it won't go to waste.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I forgot to save my PCO offers this week an was rewarded with 3 horrid offers, another reason to shop elsewhere. Some how they messed up my birthdate and sent my PCO offer on Wednesday, it was 20000 PCO for spending $50.00 at SDM. I could not let that pass by so I wandered the aisles and found my face sunscreen on sale reg 26.99 on sale for 12.99. Picked up some shampoo only to get home and realize its conditioner I am almost out of, so that sent my down a rabbit hold of cleaning the bathroom closet. I really don't stockpile now as there are rarely deals and I never find the coupons so now I can see what we need, from there I attacked the food storage and again know what we have lots of and what we have little of.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo -I did the same thing i thought i was out of shampoo the other day and it is conditioner i only have 2 bottles of.I dont stockpile as much anymore as the sales are just not there .
    Mind you today at bed Mrs.meyers dryer sheets for $3.59 each 80,s as i never see them on sale anymore
    One good thing today when i popped into sobeys ,i have a raincheck for toilet paper and she told me if it goes past the 30 days no worries they will still honour the raincheck if the item is not in stock.

I bragged about my bed bath and beyond stuff under the brag section i spent $55.00 with tax.No towels left or pillows or toss pillows but i did get a mattress pad for 6.00 for a twin .

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yesterday afternoon, I ventured into Bed Bath and Beyond and Indigo. BBB was mostly 60% off stuff except for Xmas decor, some duvets and window hardware (80% off). Was surprised at the regular prices-but did spot an Ugg summer curtain on one shelf and another Ugg curtain farther afield in same section. Had stopped in Dollarama (pop is still $1.25 (Pepsi) there compared to Dollar Tree's $1.50 price for Coke varieties) and Sobeys (found mild curry powder-SCORE) to have a look around. Sobeys was worth the long look around-found the two clearance racks on west side of store at back but nothing really called to me (single Kit Kat bunny choc was 69 cents each unless the price is wrong). Store is carrying Dr Pepper Zero Sugar cans at $7. something per case.

Did see one young couple buy a large box of something and other odds and ends in bedding.
    Saw that all three display vacuum cleaners by Miele were marked down (one style was $280!) but only the power version was in the three boxes below.

Decided to buy 4 tote bags and one narrow sand-coloured storage tote-$6 and change. Did linger looking at the other "woven" look plastic/fabric storage totes, because I could not find something to use as a remote caddy.

Indigo-loved spending time in each room/pod of the store. Love the Indigobaby boutique outside of the Kids dept! Had a pair of kids' garden gloves put on hold until today (ran out of cash). Store has maps! In the back room of non-fiction between Magazines and Cookbooks.

This morning while waiting for Indigo to open, I saw three drivers leave cars in the fire route to get their Starbucks fix next door--one driver left his stereo blaring and window open/aka car running for 5 min! Lineup of about 10 people were outside Bed Bath and Beyond today.

The weather has been fabulous despite the cold wind and at one point I had to drape my coat across shoulders in order not to get overheated while walking around. I need more of this kind of day! At least I did see the cherry blossoms at the lakefront! Locally, I've seen flowering magnolia trees-one is behind the library.

Spent a bit of time reading the papers at Aldershot Library. Realized that I am having a hard time opening levered washroom doors-thought both loos were occupied. Several minutes later, I pressed the accessible door button and found out I had waited in vain!

Treasure-I found a quarter in the curb lane while walking up to my local library from the West Hamilton bus stop! First score in a couple of weeks-did not find any bills in the bushes at Heritage Greene big box land.

Vest update-I tried it on last night-bit snug in waist but the armhole facings need stitching down or something. I took off one pair of buttons and am thinking of two snaps to support the one button closure. But honestly, I need to alter the vest so I will figure it out.Fabric is great but front hems won't stay down (need buttons for weights) and side seams are actually more towards my back (which is annoying). Something to puzzle over the weekend.

Picked up a Look Local issue on my walks today. More reading to enjoy
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Reading the Lowes digital flyer-Affresh (3pk for washer) is listed at $7.99 on sale!
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I went to shoppers and only spent $13 stuck to my list milk,strawberries ,chocolate milk after seniors discount.

Found 2 beer cans by my car on the outside of plaza.
    Same here. I used my seniors discount for sour cream, chip dip and pasta sauce. Everything else is too expensive.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Have not been on a few days as life has been insane. Going into this week I knew I was going to be busy as I was booked everyday but we took it next level this week.

Monday & Tuesday I was training locally, Wednesday I headed out of town to help and prepare for an event I was working Thursday in one of our locations and today I was off to attend our Admin meeting which is everyone who works under my boss.

My plan was to grocery shop my way home but guess what I did not happen because I did not feel like it. There was not anything we needed to mostly just to maintain what we have on hand.

I am feeling super overwhelmed right now, I am so far behind at work, the house needs attention, I have new projects I have to get out at work and I am exhausted. I was literally sitting here thinking I do not know what to tackle first but also thinking all I want is a nap. I am even afraid to write a to-do because I feel like it will be so overwhelming. Now that we are through go-live there are so many other things we need to do and it all needs to be done before we get super busy.

Going to keep dinner super simple tonight, pulled a bag of Homemade Meat Sauce which we will serve over Pasta.

At the event I worked we had a food truck, I had a Grilled Cheese and Fries, it was so large I did not eat dinner last night, just had two Clementines.

Happy Friday Everyone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Apr 21st, 2023 at 05:27 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil,the liquidator always jacks up the prices on store closings.So not a surprise to me .Still i was happy with what i got for 70% off.

I looked at the clearance in sobeys and bought one small bag of tiny mini eggs $2.10 for me .lol

I did find a new coupon for .50 off anything with the dairy farmers logo on it ,so used it on the chocolate milk i bought $4.29-.50=3.79
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Today popped over to walmart ,no pasta for $1.27 shelves were bare.
    You might want to check, again. I found that they are still selling for $1.27 / 2-pound package. There's no advertising for it. So, they may have forgotten to take the sale price off. I grabbed another 36 pounds of rotini.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wishing you all a very good week end
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel21: Very happy to see you posting and read yours posts It is very encouraging to see you posting.How is your health lately??? Take care my friend.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SassyAshley: Wow.What a week you had.You seems very overwhelmed just like me right now but with school ...haha @coupongirl: great deals @Angela273: Wow.Happy to read that your child will be ok...must be freaking out. @lillo003:Happy birthday
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Apr 22nd, 2023 at 05:30 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Was up early this morning but not going to lie, trying to find my ambition and get things done.

Last night after I had some dinner I decided nothing was getting done around the house, I was too tired. So I decided to do some work stuff instead, I worked on the stuff I need approvals for so I can send those out first thing Monday and hopefully get a yes, no, or change and we can keep things rolling.

Today, today I need to tackle the house. I had thought about going to Costco today because I really really need to go but I do not want to go in the rain. Loading your car and unloading in the rain is no fun so I will go another day instead.

My plan for today now is to focus on the house and just get the simple stuff done and out of the way. Just get everything caught up.

Happy Saturday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information