User Tag List

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Re-Election wanted!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Of course that hasnt stopped the Toronto Star from explicitly stating Harper was behind it, despite having little to no evidence, like it is with most of their claims.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I do change my mind, if these allegations ring true I want a RE-Election and not just a By-Election.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Again, wait for the investigation to end. Levelling accusations now is useless since we dont know the facts. What we have is alleged reports from constituents, and yes the wording there is correct. and Three witnesses who were disgruntled employees whose testimony has changed at least twice and wasnt that great to begin with.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Only time will tell however with Harpers God like complex I wouldn't doubt for a second he knew what was going on. Having said that, there have been alot more than 3 ex employees that reported this and some that even reported it to the RCMP when it was happening.I gotta say though that this next paragraph tickled my funny bone and made me wonder how stupid this person really was

"A fraudulent robocall that misdirected voters in Guelph, Ont., came from a Virgin Mobile disposable cellphone registered to one Pierre Poutine, of Separatist Street, in Joliette, Que., court documents show."

Read more

lol like really? *sighs*
    Last edited by TaraF; Thu, Mar 1st, 2012 at 03:04 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Of course that hasnt stopped the Toronto Star from explicitly stating Harper was behind it, despite having little to no evidence, like it is with most of their claims.

WHile I would love to see Harper fall , I hate these antics and really sometimes the press should be shot lol

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I doubt it was the Conservatives behind this, since in many of those ridings, they were expected to, and did, win by a large number of votes.
    So they really had nothing to gain by doing this. However, what about NDPers wanting to suppress the Liberals' votes? Or just other third parties, not involved with political parties at all?

Elections Canada and the RCMP will continue to investigate - EC has known for months about this; why isn't their investigation further ahead than it is?
    Once their findings are known, and if their recommendations call for it, then of course a public inquiry should be held.

But enough speculation, how about 'just the facts'?

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    "A fraudulent robocall that misdirected voters in Guelph, Ont., came from a Virgin Mobile disposable cellphone registered to one Pierre Poutine, of Separatist Street, in Joliette, Que., court documents show."
    Head meet desk....Separatist Street....Jeez..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

The whole robocall fiasco has me right angry. Thanks TaraF for providing the link to send a note demanding an inquiry. I watch politics quite closely (seeing as I can walk to parliament hill in 40 minutes and as things in this town tend to revolve around what happens there) and this particular case is so egregious as to even have gotten my mild-mannered, non-politically-interested DH angry (don't even want to say how angry my political eagle grandma is!!)....

I think there needs to be a full investigation - with public scrutiny - immediately. I'm angry that elections Canada is doing "something" but that the public aren't being informed about what that "something" is

I'm certainly trying to do my part and have contacted my MP about this, even though I normally won't have anything to do with my MP..... As an aside, I didn't get robo-called, but I did get a very, very RUDE call from my current MP's campaign headquarters during the last election campaign. They called and I told them (not rudely, but matter-of-factly) to please stop calling as I hadn't voted for the liberals every and wasn't planning on changing my opinions of them and their party. The person on the other end of the phone responded, "Who cares? We don't need your vote anyways" and hung up. That got me mad and made me tell all my neighbours about it. The guy got elected anyways :/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i always seem to agree with what the people not in gov't do,
    because the conservative policies are never right for me

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/stor...alls-list.html

the robocalls so terrible for some and really who else besides the
    person who may lose the riding would be doing this?

can't imagine my grandmother if she was told by phone - your voting station has moved to,,,and the phone's info told you it was from 'election canada' - that she would not have gone there.
    from most of the info about this - the calls came from the tories!
    prove me wrong
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I doubt it was the Conservatives behind this, since in many of those ridings, they were expected to, and did, win by a large number of votes.
    So they really had nothing to gain by doing this. However, what about NDPers wanting to suppress the Liberals' votes? Or just other third parties, not involved with political parties at all?

Elections Canada and the RCMP will continue to investigate - EC has known for months about this; why isn't their investigation further ahead than it is?
    Once their findings are known, and if their recommendations call for it, then of course a public inquiry should be held.

Good points, Natalka.

After my experience (previous post), I wouldn't have been surprised if either the Conservatives or the Liberals were behind some of this stuff. After the vikileaks and some of their other tactics and dirty laundry that's been aired about both parties over the years, I don't put much past them.

Since I've written my angry letters, I'm now going to watch, wait and see what comes. It's not productive for me to get angrier, and as I certainly think that this won't be blowing over in a day or two, waiting and maybe writing a few more angry letters is what I'll be up to.

*exhales the frustration, tries to inhale patience, just ends up feeling winded*
    Last edited by glowworm2k; Thu, Mar 1st, 2012 at 07:45 AM.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

What bothers me about this whole thing (aside from my personal dislike for the Cons) is the constant back and forth they've done in regards to the issue. One minute Harper says there is nothing to the allegations, the next minute they finger a new Tory staffer to the team, than that staffer denies any involvement and now we are back to, "we were not involved and that will be proven". So either you were involved or you weren't.

As for an Inquiry, again if I was an Innocent Prime Minister who believes his entire party is innocent and target of a smear campaign or if I thought someone in my party may have orchestrated it without my knowledge I would want an immediate inquiry to clear my name and fire anyone who is responsible should there be anyone found out to be involved in these allegations, and he just doesn't seem to care. Unfortunately, a leopard doesn't change their spots and patterns often repeat themselves.

This Conservative Government has been fined by Elections Canada in recent years for breaking the rules (in-and-out case), they were found in contempt of Parliament in 2011 and Harper shruged it off. And lest we forget that Harper pro-rogued Parliament in December, 2008, to avoid a no-confidence vote, and yet he gets re-elected? Things that make you go, hrmmmm????

Just a few things that have happened while Harper has been Prime Minister that obviously do not make him guilty of the current charges but casts no doubt in my mind that he would have no problem playing dirty politics.
    Last edited by TaraF; Thu, Mar 1st, 2012 at 09:41 AM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

there's no ifs, ands or buts about it.

harper is shifty.

i don't know who is to blame for this, but why does he always come across as untrustworthy.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

Thank you for your smart comments.

Plus the liberals won in several of the ridings this was alleged in, this cant have truly had a major impact then.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by glowworm2k View Post
    The whole robocall fiasco has me right angry. Thanks TaraF for providing the link to send a note demanding an inquiry. I watch politics quite closely (seeing as I can walk to parliament hill in 40 minutes and as things in this town tend to revolve around what happens there) and this particular case is so egregious as to even have gotten my mild-mannered, non-politically-interested DH angry (don't even want to say how angry my political eagle grandma is!!)....

I think there needs to be a full investigation - with public scrutiny - immediately. I'm angry that elections Canada is doing "something" but that the public aren't being informed about what that "something" is

I'm certainly trying to do my part and have contacted my MP about this, even though I normally won't have anything to do with my MP..... As an aside, I didn't get robo-called, but I did get a very, very RUDE call from my current MP's campaign headquarters during the last election campaign. They called and I told them (not rudely, but matter-of-factly) to please stop calling as I hadn't voted for the liberals every and wasn't planning on changing my opinions of them and their party. The person on the other end of the phone responded, "Who cares? We don't need your vote anyways" and hung up. That got me mad and made me tell all my neighbours about it. The guy got elected anyways :/
    They are not allowed to speak about an ongoing investigation. Its why the scandal from the liberal party can be discussed but not this. The vikileaks scandal is out in the open and not being investigated. This is under investigation. Standard operating procedure, you dont discuss it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    WHile I would love to see Harper fall , I hate these antics and really sometimes the press should be shot lol
    Sometimes the freedom of the press goes too far.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information