User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: August 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

mornin ladies! I too miss the $100.00+ GC's I used to buy from Sobeys to earn Air Miles and then use them to shop at Freshco!
    Very productive morning for me.
    I was determined to get started using up some of the discounted produce I had snagged yesterday. Cubed and pressure cooked 1 tray
    of the Red Grill top sirloin from Metro with onions, mushrooms, celery, splashes of soy sauce, raspberry vinaigrette and white wine.
    ( sprinkle of black pepper and herbs ) .
    Did the spuds, carrots. and green beans after I removed all the softened steak from the pot, no more than 5 minutes under pressure to
    cook/soften the veg. Sliced the niblets off of 4 cobs of the discounted corn, added that and 1 can Franco American beef gravy and voila. Lots of stew for 2 days.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@walkonby I am sure you collect scene points as I know you are a movie buff. They now do the offer for 150.00 in Sobeys gift card and get 1000 scene points. It was just last week so you will have to wait for it to come around again but @Ciel21 is awesome at posting these in the gift card thread. The offer is better in Ontario. In Nova Scotia it’s 200.00 in gift cards. So I plan to stock up when I can because in Nova Scotia it’s also good at a gas station.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slow Sunday Morning, I slept in again. Ugh, I feel like something is off in my body, not feeling myself, sleeping in, no ambition, this is not me. But I guess it is just a season of life.

Hoping Opa gets his surgery this morning, he did not get it yesterday. All day yesterday they were not sure said he might or might not, finally around dinner time they said nope, hoping for tomorrow. He will get a partial hip replacement and no surgery is needed on his wrist.

I spent pretty much all day yesterday working. All things production are kicking my butt because you cannot use the same training plan or manuals in both plants so everything I do is times 2. There is one session I have to teach putting it on paper and setting it up takes me approximately 2 days, and this is what I was working on yesterday. I am not done yet. But since I have to teach it this week, I have to get it done.

Before I dive into work today I have to do some food prep for the week. I have some produce to process, I need to make a meal plan and see if I can cook anything ahead.

House stuff and food has been a struggle. The last 2 weeks I spent most of the week working in branches and Mom has been struggling so when I get home I have to try to catch up on being me that has been a struggle. Is mercury in retrograde or something, our servers and systems are acting up, and honestly, just I am flooded with oops and errors to fix. But also cooking and everything is on me because Mom is struggling and I just honestly feel like I cannot keep up with everything. If I have a good work day, the house struggles, if I get the house stuff done then I am up late trying to get caught up on work. Food is just what can I get on the table quickly but now we are running out of all of our quick fixes which is putting more pressure on dinners.

I keep saying I just need the world to stop spinning for a week. I just need one week where nothing new comes in, no new hires, the house doesn't get dirty and I can just try to catch up on everything. But I know this is not reality.

OK, time for this slow Sunday to kick it up a little and get things done.

Happy Sunday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yesterday we were on our way home from Chicago and the plane was overbooked. They offered hotel plus meals plus $900 each so that was an easy decision. Instead we will fly home today.
    harbie, Purdee, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am off to a oncall doctor as i am still feeling off .Watching the girls is tiring when you dont feel great ,but papa took them for a bike ride today .My daughter-in-law will be here soon .
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Wow @lizzie bargain that was an amazing offer. I too would have jumped on that.
    So far I am taking a lazy day but that will soon change. Need to pack up the rest of the stuff because my basement is a disaster and I work downstairs so don’t want to stare at it for a month. Then I need t finally book the travel for our trip to Vancouver. I will do the airfare this week as Tuesdays always seem to be cheaper.
    I have also given myself a goal of posting 5 things to get rid off for today so I need to go find those 5 things. I have 2 years to do this and don’t wish to pay to move stuff to NS and then never use it. So 5 things a week seems reasonable.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Day! Beautiful day today!

Left the house around 10 and stopped at Independent for the Toilet paper and wanted the yogurt and juice for DS. No yogurt and only pineapple juice so I just grabbed him one.
    Then Walmart- BLSL chicken breasts reg $14. clearance for $7.87 so I grabbed 2. (already wrapped and in the freezer)
    Mr Noodles for both kids (something easy to have late at night when there is "nothing" to eat.
    And buns and bagels for camping (bagel and cream cheese with fruit for breakfast and then packing sandwiches for our hike to the Grotto)
    Then No Frills for peaches, wraps, rye bread and sandwich meat.
    Came home to put groceries away. Eat. And cleaned the kitchen. Emptied out the cutlery drawer and tossed tons of things. Washed the drawer and cutlery container and they are out drying in the sun. Now I should put a load of laundry on!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just learned, today, that Walmart is discontinuing its $1, $2, or $3 clearance bags for fruits and veggies.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Opa finally got his surgery late yesterday, he kept getting pushed as he was "non-emergent" he finally went in just after 6 and was out just after 9 and everything looks good.

I am not sure what is up with me today, I am exhausted but I slept. I went to bed around 8:30 and I was out as soon as I got the news that all was good. But this morning when my alarm went off and my whole body went no. Even now I am up having a cup of tea and some breakfast but I could so just go back to bed.

Yesterday I got the fridge cleaned out, there was not really any food waste a little bit of leftover Lemon zest and some cut-up cucumbers I did not eat. Then I pulled everything out and prepped all of our fruit and veg for the week. I wanted to get some cooking and baking done but ran out of time.

I also took apart my old laptop table, one of the legs snapped so I broke it down so I could take it out to the garbage. Now to find a new table.

Happy Monday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh herman ,i loved those clearance bags of fruits or veggies at walmart .

Just chilling today ,doing laundry relaxing .

Just cashed out of checkout51 $22.40

Whipper snipping the backyard and got stung by a bee right on a vein on my wrist.Hubby said a few are under shed and i disrupted them.Uggggg
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Aug 28th, 2023 at 02:47 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Went to the lake with a picnic lunch and spent 2 hours paddling with DS2. He turns 20 tomorrow but will be at wonderland with his friends, head to believe my time as the mom of teenagers is over. We took him for a fancy dinner last night with his grandfather and today he asked for a birthday brownie instead of cake so that was easy.
    Tomorrow is back to work but it was a nice long weekend.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning my arm is still a bit sore from the bee sting .

Just relaxing today may whippersnip the front and do another load of laundry ,as we babysit the next 2 days from 8.00 a.m til 5.00 p.m.
    Skippy, harbie, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My hand is still quite swollen, too. Just amazing to think about the power a little wasp sting has.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day everyone..where did you all go?…Same could be said of me!
    I’ve been busy with DS visiting from Oz and much stuff piling up as we wanted to spend time with him.
    Now playing catch up to usual life.
    Before I forget anyone else here suffering from allergies this month?.I have had a really difficult time with sinuses throbbing and nose running.Just going through lots of Kleenex.
    Store sales still lacking IMO but managing alright.
    Enjoy the rest of your week my friends!
    Last edited by Skippy; Wed, Aug 30th, 2023 at 02:33 PM.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Just learned, today, that Walmart is discontinuing its $1, $2, or $3 clearance bags for fruits and veggies.
    Thanks for that news. Sometimes there are true finds and the produce is still good looking with minimal bruising or tears. Othertimes, the produce should have been composted but it is still on the trays for sale.
    harbie and walkonby like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information