User Tag List

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1459Likes

Thread: October 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Popped in RCSS last night and found summer bubbles and chalk marked down. Grabbed a bunch for my June birthday bags.
    And 45 bubble wands for Halloween With tax the price was 10 cents each. Cheaper then candy etc and perfect for the little ones.

Planning the ultimate girls getaway.

Spa treatments booked. (massage, facial, pedicure and manicures) over 2 days. Steak house dinner! Comedian show. Hotel room for 2 nights.
    All booked so now we just wait till the end of November

Dinner last night was perfect. Having the sauce ready meant we just needed to cook fresh pasta. I even made garlic bread from a loaf that has been in the freezer forever. I just have to have ready in the fridge and DS will heat up in air fryer. Will add it to his next few meals to get it used up.

Tonight I will take a roast out of the freezer for the crockpot in the morning. I will chop up the veggies tonight and put in a bag so I just have to pour in the crockpot with the roast. Perfect plan for my work at the office day and then I have a nail appointment tomorrow night.
    (I haven't had my nails done in years..I need some pampering!)

Have a wonderful day!
    harbie, Purdee, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Oh my gosh, why did I get out of bed today?

I had a beautiful plan for today which is not happening. My plan was to be up at 5, but that did not happen, I was so exhausted I slept in.

My plan was to knock out a bunch of work things and I had house stuff planned for my breaks. Well, our server had other plans, I spent most of my morning clearing people off the server because they were stuck and then trying to clean up the runaway processes from them getting stuck. I did not even start on my own work until just after 9:30.

No breaks have been taken because I literally could not walk away and am now so far behind on my own stuff.

I was so happy to get a work-from-home day, I had such plans and then the universe stepped in and went, "No, not today."

But, I am not giving up, the first task of the day has been completed and sent out. I will reprioritize my house tasks for the day as I probably won't get them all done now but we will see how far I can get.

Happy Tuesday
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning my younger brother called and is dropping in for lunch ,so off i went to zarkys a local deli type store and spent $62.00 i noticed the sliced turkey meat and ham has gone up (it always was cheaper there )mind you i did pick up a honey ham for $5.00 expires nov4 so in the freezer that will go .
    a few deals i got watermelon quarter 4.99
    lemon pie 3.50 as the lid was dented no worries (cheaper than making it)
    fresh rolls
    pears were 1.99 pound which is cheap

I will give my brother 2 deodorants when he comes since i got them free.
    harbie, Purdee, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good evening
    Well we had a long day today.
    We went to Toronto for my neck procedure and got back home around 2 pm.
    We were starving so we caved and ordered Harvey's and the burgers were incredibly tasty.

I did a bit of laundry and practiced ukuelele
    A neighbour gave me a pile of plastic hangers which was great. We're still using the metal ones that we used to get from the dry cleaners many years ago.

I wasn't hungry enough for dinner so I made a giant bowl of popcorn with my air popper and watched the movie Sitting in Bars with Cake

Now I'm watching cooking shows on youtube and getting hungry again lol.

Have a great evening it's off to bed shortly
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Cloudy gray day here today.

Change of plans- working from home today so didn't get the roast ready. Thinking a healthy bowl of shrimp and veggies is on the menu for dinner.
    There is some past leftovers and I am hoping someone will eat them before I do! I will put some sauce with it and a note for DS to eat tonight. Then the pasta sauce can go in the freezer for a quick meal down the road.

Mission today- Clean kitchen. Clean fridge. Make shrimp and veggies. Put away portable table in garage (that is open and had junk on it that needs to be put away. Have my winter tires moved to front of garage. Remind DS to move his fishing stuff to the shed. Give the bathrooms a quick clean to keep up on them.
    Put clean laundry away. Put one load in washer and then hang to dry.
    If I do all that I will be happy!

Have a fantastic day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning having a friend drop in after her interview around 12.30 p.m,she is in the area.So busy doing laundry and vacuuming the whole house i dusted yesterday .
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Heard gas was going up a cent or something at midnight as i was on my way to get gas.....so I pumped 40 L into the tank. ( my usual is 30 L )
    Then I drove straight back home, resisting hitting any grocery stores. Tomorrow or Friday will be fine. That counts as savings....ha ha
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My dear friend dropped in and had lunch and lemon pie with coffee.She also gave me a bunch of cut gerber daisys,as a late gift for my birthday and i was feeling down due to my health -so kind of her pink gerber daisys so pretty and for sure would cheer anyone up.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did a couple of errands before returning to do a second cleaning of the headstone with some suds. Hudson Bay does not have any packaged Jockey underwear except about 10pkg that are ripped or open in a little table near cash. Ditto socks except for one style of Hot Sox (blue dots with word Pop!) and one fuzzy beige/white kind near centre of store. No pantyhose either. But I was told that the store receives clearance stock weekly so it'll be worth checking it again. I did pick up another Elita camisole with shelf bra as it was the only XL on the rack and there was a 20% off discount.

The 7-11 near Burlington Centre carries GoodCall ($2.5 and $5)and CICI $5 long distance calling cards. New twist-customer has to verify prepaid card amount after cashier enters card as purchase item. Never did that before but it's like a security step. The accessible door side is CLOSED/Locked despite a handwritten sign saying Use other door (which I took to mean one of the two doors opens-nope, had to walk to back of store and enter there (no accessible door button there). I told someone on staff as that could be an issue for someone.

Dropped off sweaters and small accessories at a donation centre. Noticed Burlington has same issue as Hamilton with e-scooter users and cyclists riding past people on sidewalks while there is a perfectly usable BIKE land on Fairview St. On a westbound bus trip, I saw a gas scooter type motorbike on the sidewalk (by Mapleview Ave) before driver redirected bike onto the road. WOW-where are the bylaw officers?

Taking a shortcut through Jackson Square, I decided to look at some of the Farmers Market. It was fairly quiet. I bought a $4.99 box of blue plums because I have a craving for them or using them in plum platz. I saw $9.99 seedless watermelon at a different vendor's booth. The Ridge Road Winery is only at the market on Saturdays.

I missed the Ancaster bus after I got off the 5A bus into town so I walked to the parking area of the Memorial Arts Centre, took a quick look down the length of the property and found a bench (chip lunchtime). So glad I had some Gatorade on hand.

Wish I had brought some 3in1 oil or WD-40 to use on hinges and metal surfaces of the candle holder. I did not wipe down the surfaces after cleaning with water/suds but given that temperatures dip low at night, it might be worthwhile to oil the metal to slow down deterioration. Clearing out the melted beeswax-let me tell you that a point end of a wooden skewer helped to break up a large chunk of wax under the holder so I could take out small pieces with two skewer section through the openings or slide smaller bits out the side. Think the game Operation and you get the idea. Just glad that task is done!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    You make it with both? I have done it with condensed milk before. I will try boiling it again tonight and maybe add a bit of milk to it.

Yes I make it with both
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Looks like a not bad day out there.

I have a work lunch to attend today so will have to get dressed in something other then yoga pants!

Yesterday went for a drive to use free slot play offer. We had free dinner. Brought free dinner home for DS. Was a successful drive

Just looked over the sale flyers. Wrote out a list but we really don't need anything. I think I will wait and shop next Wednesday to grab the fresh stuff needed so we use up what we have. I am away this weekend for a girls weekend so they will fend for themselves at home...

One thing I am on the hunt for is windshield washer fluid. We have a few jugs but wanted to get a few more. $3.79 seems to be the lowest price (CT) Don't seem to see many sales on this anymore. (back in the day I bought on clearance for .99 at RCSS.. I bought so much it lasted us for years!)

Ok off to get some work done!

Have a wonderful day!
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

same here ( about the shop ). We have more than enough to clean up and eat up in the fridge. I might be able to wait until Monday but NF has an offer for the first 100 and 300 customers on Saturday?? Wonder if I will feel up to bothering. People line up for silly stuff like that don't they?

Name:  Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 09-38-30 No Frills (ON) flyer October 19 - 25.png
Views: 80
Size:  438.2 KB
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    same here ( about the shop ). We have more than enough to clean up and eat up in the fridge. I might be able to wait until Monday but NF has an offer for the first 100 and 300 customers on Saturday?? Wonder if I will feel up to bothering. People line up for silly stuff like that don't they?

Name:  Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 09-38-30 No Frills (ON) flyer October 19 - 25.png
Views: 80
Size:  438.2 KB
    This reminds me of the "Free Buffet" at Mandarin on Canada Day (do they still do this?) I remember hearing of people waiting in line for hours.
    What a waste of a day!! Honestly you couldn't pay me to eat there. We took youngest DS years ago because he really wanted to try it and it was garbage.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Frugalbigmama-canadian tire has a case of the -45 windshield 4 of them for 16.97=4.24 each but it is for the really cold .I try to buy it buy the case .
    Can i ask where do you buy your yoga pants ?-as i love a bit of flair and i live in yoga pants -i need petite as i am 5'4 but everybody is sold out .
    Eddie bauer has a got 50% off on certain items today but the pants are all sold out in large .Does costco have nice pants?

Off to shoppers seniors day for me .
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Frugalbigmama-canadian tire has a case of the -45 windshield 4 of them for 16.97=4.24 each but it is for the really cold .I try to buy it buy the case .
    Can i ask where do you buy your yoga pants ?-as i love a bit of flair and i live in yoga pants -i need petite as i am 5'4 but everybody is sold out .
    Eddie bauer has a got 50% off on certain items today but the pants are all sold out in large .Does costco have nice pants?

Off to shoppers seniors day for me .
    Thanks! I remember last year CT advertised a case (4pk) for $9.99 but of course they were gone when I went.
    I will keep an eye on the flyer.

Yoga pants- Usually Costco. or Marks/Winners But majority are from Costco
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information