User Tag List

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: November 2023 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went into RCSS and saw that their NoName 907g breaded chicken boxes were $6 and that was due to AdMatch. I did not remember seeing any Loblaw offering that price, so grabbed a box and went to customer service to ask if they could tell me to whom they were matching. They told me that it was FreschCo. I asked them how that could be, since FreshCo does not offer NoName brands and that RCSS told me explicitly that they would no longer match brands that were not identical. (Previously, in the dairy and produce departments, I could get a price match from another store brand such as Lucerne with an RCSS Dairyland 4L jug of milk, but this RCSS practice has been discontinued.) FreshCo was offering their similarly-sized Compliments brand for $6.

The schmucks could not even get their sizes to match. Compliments is only 700g while NoName is 907g. So, they sold their product for a price lower than the competitor!

The CS girl told me that they saw the FreshCo price and just decided to lower their own NoName brand price to match. How childish. Now, no one sees the reduced price, knows about the sale reduction, and they simply take money out of their own pockets. I hope that they continue to punish themselves with their idiotic policies, instead of just resurrecting their former price-match policy. Poetic justice, IMO.
    Last edited by HermanH; Thu, Nov 9th, 2023 at 03:09 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Plus with my health problems i am tired of certain stores locking up their bathrooms and you have to hunt someone down to open it for you.
    I totally sympathize with you over restricted access to their restrooms. Sadly, I can understand the store's point of view, too. Just too much abuse of their restrooms by the homeless and lawless. A locked restroom that is opened for you is probably preferable to you walking in on a drug addict.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

The sobeys that is 10 minutes away from my house has 2 beautifull washrooms with 2 stalls in each one(not locked) .I am sure i will never walk in on a drug addict .
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Has anyone tried the Lasagna in the Food Basics flyer? I grabbed one for DS but if good I want to grab a few more. I can't make it for that price and that is something simple for him when he is home alone on a weekend.
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Hail/ice pellets on my drive in to work. Looks like it will be one of those kind of days.

Yesterday I booked my last bit of vacation for the year and had my carry over amount approved. Glad to have that done. Off end of next week and start of the following week. Off at the end of November for a girls night. Then booked a Friday afternoon off mid December just because I had it to use up.
    Now I have to work my but off since we have lots going on at work at the moment. Sometimes I work better under pressure

Dinner tonight- Lots of tacos/fixings left. Maybe tonight should be a Chinese splurge?
    Will see what we feel like when home.

What are your weekend plans? Plan for us is to stick close to home. Sounds like rain/chance of dropping temps etc.
    Dinner at a friends house Sat night so that is nice and close.

Have a great day and weekend!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well was gonna go get a few groceries ,but i am a bit tired watching little ones can be tiring.

My daughter-in-law was getting rid of a few colouring books so i took them for my house.My daughter called last night and asked if i could watch sebastian overnight as she is working til 8.00p.m tonight and her ex has him but is going to a event with his dad /aunt.So i will get him at 5.00 p.m tonight just til 9.00 in the morning as he has swimming lessons in toronto in the late morning.

I just couldnt say no as i hardly see him .He wants me to help decorate my fireplace with my moms villages ,we will see.

So my weekend consists of watching grandkids sebastian first ,then the girls on sat around 3.00 pm .May pop over to dollarama thats it.

My first grandchild xmas gift came yesterday from amazon ,its a start.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Nov 10th, 2023 at 09:50 AM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning.

The weather doesn’t look promising so today is a mostly indoor day. Laundry, vacuuming, floor washing and the bathroom clean kinda day.

Once again my PC offers are garbage and for things I haven’t purchased since 2018 at the earliest. I really don’t need meat or dairy offers .

The things that I need for my pantry restock like beans, tomatoes and a few other things aren’t on sale and I’m too cheap to pay those prices. Sadly I think the days of 97C unico beans are a thing of the past .

I really need to get moving at get this laundry going…… Enjoy your day everyone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Sadly I think the days of 97C unico beans are a thing of the past .
    Which is why I stocked up with a couple hundred pounds, when they sold for $0.75/pound.
    harbie and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good Day fellow thread dwellers! It would appear that we're all doing our thing to try and reign in our grocery spending yet so many obstacles!
    Flyers totally lacking anything in the way of savings on what we actually need to buy,difficulties in price matching and needing to go to the specific store for the specific special. And then getting to the store and finding no stock!
    Hopefully your needs are met and perhaps even some wants.
    Remember to give thanks tomorrow for those who went before us, so that we are able to enjoy the life we have in Canada.
    Blessings my friends! Have a great weekend one and all!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I had to laugh, yesterday morning when I woke up, I could not figure out why my alarm was going off, I 100% thought it was Saturday but quickly realized it was Friday. Then this morning I woke up with a jolt thinking my alarm did not go off and I was late for work.

I was finally able to book our Flu Shot and Booster shots, I have been looking for a couple of weeks and there have been no openings. Yesterday I looked and was able to get two spots on Monday.

I need to figure out some food options for next week, thinking I might make a batch of Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup. Need to make a meal plan, this past week was not our best week. I have been so tired by the end of the day and trying to keep up with work, it was a rough week.

Hmmmm thinking maybe I will make some homemade bread too. I am feeling all of the warm cozy comfort meals with sauces and gravies and bread will be a nice side dish.

I think my plan for today will be to tidy up the Dinning Room a bunch of stuff got moved in their so I cannot get to slow cookers and get the instant pot out so we can use those next week to help with dinners.

Happy Saturday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am waiting until after 11 to go out. I have and offer for a free pair of socks from Marks so that’s the highlight of my day. I am only picking up a few groceries. There are no real deals so we will use what we have. I did find an amazing deal last week at Freshco. Honey spiral ham for 1.49 a pound. They had 2 so I bought both. One is in the freezer and the other is dinner Sunday and it will then mean lots of ham meals this week. @harbie if you every use dried beans No Frill has them on sale and I say say with sarcasm. They are 3.00 for 2 pounds. I prep them in my insta pot no soaking needed. Then I freeze them in sizes I need.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon-had sebastian last night ,we went to be at 9.30 and watched a bit of a disney movie .This morning ex son-in-law picked him up and 9.00 and loaded daughters tree in the car to take back.

Then sebastian said "bye nana love you" and said i broke my umbrella .I said i will take it in with the garbage in mommies car.Well up my steps with my under armour slides on (they are inside slipper) i guess i was hurrying well down i went on my front porch my lips hit the pavement .Needless to say i got free botox in my lips-lol and a cut inner lip.

Of course i got a lecture from my daughter who said ia m gonna call you a hummingbird mom as you are always flitting around .Thank god i didnt smash my front teeth .Ahhh life and i have railings on my veranda ,i will always remember to use them from now on .
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

oh no @coupon girl , hope it doesn't hurt too much and heals quickly.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh thanks sassy -i am icing it now and i will rest in my bed before the girls come at 2.30 p.m
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Yikes! @coupon girl . Hopefully the ice helps and it doesn’t hurt ( sorry but I had to add that emoji )
    @lilo0003 I have some dried beans but no instant pot and since I’ve never cooked dried beans before it can seem like a bigger task than I’m wanting to take on
    @HermanH I had stocked up at the 97C price but since we are plant based that means beans, legumes and lentils are a HUGE part of our diet so even 70+ cans of each doesn’t last too long .

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information