User Tag List

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: November 2023 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Will be going to PM some more pineapple at FreshCo with Walmart $1. And getting back $0.50 scene points.
    Such a fantastic price on the pineapple. I bought 2 huge ones on Saturday!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Morning ,off to toysrus to save 10.00 on a sale toy for sebastian ,some dino egg he wants .Plus may stop into M&M as i have a coupon deal.

I dont know how young couples do it as toys have risen in price like everything else ,so great to get the sales.
    As we know, the key is to watch the sales/clearance and plan ahead. I have a few summer birthdays so I always watch the summer clearance for the next year ( I have bubbles and inflatable pools for next birthdays!)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes got the toy for sebastian ,last one in toyrus (guy had to get it in the back) sooo happy.

Then on to M&M i saved 7.00 when i spent 20.00 or more got my chicken fingers for 18.99 3 apple crisp on sale 3.99 each and a scalloped potatoes=$31 for times i dont want to make from scratch -convience food.

Then stopped at rexall to get a prescription for hubby and found a new dove hand soap cpn 1.00 til 2024
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes got the toy for sebastian ,last one in toyrus (guy had to get it in the back) sooo happy.

Then on to M&M i saved 7.00 when i spent 20.00 or more got my chicken fingers for 18.99 3 apple crisp on sale 3.99 each and a scalloped potatoes=$31 for times i dont want to make from scratch -convience food.

Then stopped at rexall to get a prescription for hubby and found a new dove hand soap cpn 1.00 til 2024
    Have you tried the Loblaws no name bags? We buy the buttermilk chicken strips 1.2 KG for $10. They are really good.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Popped out to Walmart to grab a few things. It was busy. Picked up the 10pk mini Oh Henry packs for my boys Christmas bags.
    My mission this week is pick up what I can (sale/deals) so I have it all when ready to start wrapping hopefully on the weekend.
    I can't really grab groceries since our fridge is stuffed so I will wait till Wednesday to grab any fresh stuff we need that is the better deal Wed or wait if on sale in new flyers.

I walked through the toy section at Walmart and noticed empty shelves where some Black Friday sale signs were up. Have to shop early for those deals or miss out I guess.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Nov 13th, 2023 at 03:35 PM.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

@coupon girl and @Frugalbigmama

My kids and hubby love chicken fingers. I started tracking the different brands and prices to compare and so far we prefer the M&M chicken strips. I also got the $7 off $20 for M&M meats and I plan to pick up 2 boxes - just in time for the current sale $18.99/box; their prices have gone up a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Have you tried the Loblaws no name bags? We buy the buttermilk chicken strips 1.2 KG for $10. They are really good.
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama , I saw someone post on Instagram the other day about Black Friday starting so early this year and places already being sold out. She mentioned she has already missed 2 Black Friday sales as she didn't know the sales had already started and now what she wanted is sold out and won't be restocked.

I am also loving all the memes on Facebook asking why Grcoery Stores aren't offering Black Friday Deals. I saw one the other day saying "I don't need a TV but some produce and meat sales would be nice."
    harbie and barbis9 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Purdee -we prefer M&M for the chicken fingers also ,i wait for a sale thats for sure and that $7.00 promo was a good one usually its $5.00
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Today kicked my butt.

Work was insane from the moment I got, everytime I fixed one thing and went back to my email there were 6 new things waiting for me.

Went this afternoon and got our booster and flu shots, I am feeling it now, I want to go bed but still got work to get done.

Then Mom went to get her Knee and Hip X-Rayed since her mobility has decreased quite a bit over the last 6 months.

On the way home I ran into Food Basics and got:
    1 x Cantaloupe $1.81
    1 x Clemtines $3.88
    1 x Lemons $3.88
    3 x Mini Cucumbers $1.81
    1 x Milk $5.88

Not a lot this week but that is all good since I went to Costco last week. We really just needed milk but I have noticed I am not eating as many fruits & vegetables lately so decided to stock up on some of my favs since they were on sale.

Kept dinner simple tonight as we are both feeling the shots so made Chicken Enchiladas stuffed with peppers and mushrooms to up the veggies.

Happy Monday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    @coupon girl and @Frugalbigmama

My kids and hubby love chicken fingers. I started tracking the different brands and prices to compare and so far we prefer the M&M chicken strips. I also got the $7 off $20 for M&M meats and I plan to pick up 2 boxes - just in time for the current sale $18.99/box; their prices have gone up a lot.
    RCSS has good chicken finger prices. $10 for 3.3 pounds (1.5kg) only $3/pound. And the price is pretty stable. Not just a sale price.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Just for you @coupon girl

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  23.9 KB
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Dark gray day here so far.

Busy work day for me and then I am off work till next Tuesday!

Left the house this morning and the kitchen was clean! Made coffee to go. Brought Shrimp Stir-fry for lunch and hummus and crackers for a snack.

The fridge needs a good clean out so that is my plan tonight. Then it will be ready for whatever shopping is done tomorrow.
    My vehicle needs tidying- winter coats and 4 jugs of windshield fluid that need to be put away. Tomorrow will be a go to the bank/ clean/putter day then may go to Costco in the afternoon. Haven't been in many months- maybe June/July was the last time?

ok off to finish up this work day!

Have a great day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My brother is coming for a visit (we can have homemade chicken soup) for lunch and he is bringing me more eggs.I have 2 more cans of stag chili for him (no good for me heartburn).
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Nothing exciting here today. Laundry, bathroom clean, and made a huge batch of spicy creamy potato and corn soup for us and my parents.

It looks like I haven’t even made a dent in the 20lb of potatoes I got . Time to big batch cook and freeze some.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    My shots from yesterday knocked me out.

I woke up this morning and did not feel horrible was feeling it. I thought if I got going I would feel better, nope, bad idea.

I went into the office as I needed to give a test today and did not want to leave the person hanging, I did the test and the manager was trying to talk to me but I had to come home. I couldn't.

I got home and went to put my Pork loin in the Slow Cooker but it was still frozen so that will be tomorrow's dinner instead.

I tried my best to work but I could not focus on anything. Just after 1 we lost internet I waited about an hour and called to find out there was an outage and told me all of the expected lead times depending on what the cause of the outages was but did not tell me the cause. But since it was Internet, TV and Phone I figured it would not be a quick fix and took this as my sign to go lay down.

I do not nap but 3 hours later I woke with a ranging headache and needing food so I have Blueberry Dutch Baby in the oven now for dinner and a cup of Peppermint steeping on the counter.

Now I need to try to catch up some work, I see a lot of emails came in well I was napping.
    barbis9, coupon girl and walkonby like this.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information