User Tag List

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: November 2023 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Skippy hope things resolve quickly for you.
    Skippy, harbie and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I do not think I posted on here yesterday. I woke up feeling great but as the day went on I find like after being sick I am still getting more tired than normal.

Yesterday I woke up to a bunch of emails discussing a meeting I was not part of but turns out that meeting was being cancelled and I was being added to the one taking it's place. So I started my day in a meeting.

Today's weather is making me feel very blah, it is grey and raining and I just want to take a nap.

We were going to go grocery shopping but it did not happen, Mom decided she did not want to out and honestly, I was in no rush to go out either. Then I was going to go to today but looked at my list and there is nothing we have to have for the weekend so decided to stay home and try to knock out a bunch of work things.

Last night was going to be French Onion Pasta Bake but that just seemed like way too much work so instead we did Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli.

Tonight is a mystery, I am kind of at that point where I feel like we have had everything. Plus we have a bunch of leftovers but not enough for a meal. We have some rice and pasta leftover but would have to cook more to turn it into a meal.

I am definetly having a Friday where I am happy it is the end of the week and happy for the weekend to almost be here.

Happy Friday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

its so dark and dreary today, I want to wrap up in a blanket but I have no choice but to go out for groceries' which I never do on a Friday. We are out of milk. I think I may wrap up work now and just get it done.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I do not know how anyone can just go to one store and shop anymore.

I needed a few things a couple of weeks ago that never go on sale so I looked them up online where I could (really wish you could see Food Basics pricing online). It used to be that No Frills, Wal-Mart and Food Basics would be close, in this case Wal-Mart was $0.70 cheaper than Food Basics (I went in for something else and checked the price) and $1.20 cheaper than No Frills per box.

But on the flip side there was something (I wish I could remember what) where Wal-Mart's on sale price was $1 more than No Frills everyday price.

How people can afford to just go to one store and buy everything they need.
    @SassyAshley I look at flyers and pick the one best store and just go there. With the cost of gas and maintenance on a vehicle, I just pick one store. I find the more I shop, the more tempted I am, so this keeps me within my budget.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I needed a few things a couple of weeks ago that never go on sale so I looked them up online where I could (really wish you could see Food Basics pricing online). It used to be that No Frills, Wal-Mart and Food Basics would be close, in this case Wal-Mart was $0.70 cheaper than Food Basics (I went in for something else and checked the price) and $1.20 cheaper than No Frills per box.

But on the flip side there was something (I wish I could remember what) where Wal-Mart's on sale price was $1 more than No Frills everyday price.

@SassyAshley I look at flyers and pick the one best store and just go there. With the cost of gas and maintenance on a vehicle, I just pick one store. I find the more I shop, the more tempted I am, so this keeps me within my budget.
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone, Happy Saturday.

Struggling to find my ambition today. I slept in and now I have no ambition.

It is a nice sunny day out but all I want to do is curl up under a blanket and spend the day on the couch.

Feeling like I am in a food funk. All food is just kind of blah right now.

Last night Mom was craving a Hot Chicken Sandwich so we pulled out some leftover roasted chicken and made gravy. I cannot do Hot Chicken Sandwiches, the bread gravy combo and my texture issues do not mix so I made mine over a bed of oven fries.

Maybe I will spend some time on Pinterest trying to find some food inspiration.

Happy Saturday Everyone.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I almost gasped when I asked for a price check on those PC turkey stuffing burgers. I also had the offer. This was at NF and they were $15.99.....for just FOUR burgers! I passed on them as well.
    The jars of roasted red peppers I buy are packed in water and not high in sodium, however ikwym by making things fresh from real food, that way you know what went in the soup.
    I too wanted to try those turkey stuffing burgers but didn't realize only 4! Maybe they will go on sale, as that is a lot of money in my opinion.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    MIssing reading your posts daily. Won't be online until next week.
    Friend told me that morning show reported the return of buses tomorrow as bus union and City mayor announced an agreement for Hamilton. To be seen how buses roll tomorrow-school kids have day off too so plan for some volume.

I have a few gift card offers posted. Shoppers seems to have some great Friday-Sunday black friday offers. I noticed the up to 40% off select Chromebooks/Windows 10 notebooks. Good luck if you can call around your local stores and find stock!

Have to dash and get another thing done before clock times out. Galen Weston has left Loblaws but No Frills workers may strike soon-plan ahead!
    @Ciel be careful with Shoppers computers - I bought one redeeming points a few year back and its so slow. With windows 10 not supported in a the near future, better off to find something with Windows 11.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    NF striking are not all stores just some including a bunch in Toronto(sorry @walkonby)
    Still super unimpressed by latest flyers and points deals.Would be nice to have something that I could take a liking too although I did get an Air Miles 50 pts.per $20
    purchase @metro deal so I'm already contradicting myself.
    Black Friday is becoming even more of an anomaly to me in light of the Pre-Pre-whatever Black Friday sales.Count me out!
    Dealing with some health issues right now so needing to watch myself more carefully which has led to less getting done but one needs to look after themselves.
    Whatever you're facing, know that you're not the only one but that's lousy consolation.How about know that there's always someone worse than you...
    Actually take your blessings where you can find them as they are there just sometimes hard to see.
    @Skippy sorry to hear about your health issues. As someone with chronic health issues, its hard to see the positive but we all need to as this is the only life we have. I started a gratitude journal, and after meeting a homeless woman yesterday, I am grateful to have a home to live in.

I hope your health issues are short term. Please take care of yourself.
    Skippy, harbie, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found a discounted honeydew at Walmart for $3 and took it to the digital scale to see how heavy it was. It registered as 0.75kg and put it back, since that equates to $2/pound. I kept thinking about it, as I had never encountered a honeydew melon that small and it felt much heavier to me. I thought at least 4 pounds. I picked it up, again, and took it over to the mechanical scale and it registered 5 pounds! I took it back to the digital scale and it now correctly showed up as 2.25 kg. It was a good thing that I double-checked.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening,happy Saturday and happy Week End everyone,

I continue to read the posts daily and connect on Smart Canucks.I am happy to see the same faces and all of the various subjects in posts.

I start to loose my english because I have no chances to practise it anymore.But I do understand what I read.The problem is the writhing part,I hope you will be able to understand me.

In fact I cannot remember the last time I post on here.I had no energy and ability to post anymore.Things are getting worst since earlier May(since I stopped school and I am not capable to return for now and not able to search for work due too to many health issues)

I need to talk myself...I dont want any rude judgments or comments please,It is very hard for me writhing this current post....I think I find the strenght tonight....

I only talk to my father and my godmother since may(2 times only godmother).

The health isssues are real and disgusting.I never taught and realize I was in so bad shape mentally and physically....

I did some blood test and they discovered I am pre-diabetic.....and pressure problem..I take pills for pressure now and will see for pre-diabetic if exercise and
    lsi
    eating will improve my condition.I see my doctor 1 time a month.She is great. The adha and compulsive trouble diagnostic have waited for now since no school or work... I see a kinesiologist to help me move more but it is difficult. I see to a

nutrionnist.I am able to have 6 meeting,I am half way trough. I have difficulty to take walks,only 5 minutes at the time,the pain is just too much I can handle it...

Back pain and legs pain and knees pain are the worst I have ever had and encounter...in my hole life..

For the nutritionnist we dont count the calories,we count the glucid...I have sheets I need to rely on for directions of what to eat and what size. I need to drink

more water and eat more vegetables and fruits.Cut sugar....

I do also stationnary bike but it is difficult due to all the pain issues.I have a sheet calendar where I need to book mark the time and lenght of my exercise.

I also am in a anxiety therapist..It helps me a lot.Because I do a lot of crisis of panick since may and before

I dont have any tooth decay for now at least...And my sight is less better so I need to wear my glass all the time,,

I am able to still do the groceries for now,Gosh it is so expensive now.....I will need to find good prices on veggies and fruits....I want to find more coupons in

french but the pads are always cleared right away...

My 2 cats Eve and Stella have some health issues too...They are on a strict diet of Royale Canin and the big bag cost 130 $....so unaffortable..

I was happy last week to receive my Sample Source box with a few FPCS,

So I need to cook more too...Last week I made mini quiche and a apple crisp.Next week I want to make a butternut and apple soup.The housework need to wait

I am not able to do so much anymore

So that it for me for now...So sorry for the super long post.I will try to post more often.

That is my update
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Nov 18th, 2023 at 05:31 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 8 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@cath007 I’m so sorry to hear you have all this to deal with . While I obviously don’t know all the details and therefore can’t truly understand all you have happening, just try to take it one day at a time, or even 1 hour at a time. That’s what I’ve had to do at times (and still do) when my anxiety rears its ugly head. Please take care and know we’re all thinking about you

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@cath007 . I am so sorry to hear of your struggles. This group is always a safe space and your English is perfectly fine. It sounds you have a lot happening that would ideally support your recovery ❤️🩹 so don’t give up just take baby steps you will get there.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@cath007 so sorry that you are having health issues. Take it one day at a time and you will get better. We are all here to support one another.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information