User Tag List

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: November 2023 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

WOW, looks like it is laundry day as I just pulled towels out of the dryer I now need to fold.

Decided tonight's dinner will be Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken which will have a nice Chicken/Lemon Sauce I will add to some leftover pasta we have in the fridge. Thinking I will make some Broccoli to serve on the side.

Normally I do not plan dinner ahead of time. The number one reason meal plans do not work for us is because we will have something planned and then one of us won't want that on the day it is assigned. So that is why I come up with a list of meals I could make and then choose from it. Just works better for us.

But, for tomorrow I have pulled out some Pork Chops so they can marinade in the fridge overnight.

Thinking I may also pop a batch of Rice in the Oven to cook up so we have it on hand for side dishes this week.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon-was out the door at 11.00 a.m yes got little miss cara done

one toy at indigo as everywhere is sold out a hairdressers chair for her doll(not on sale but the cheapest around)
    and a doll bed at rooms and spaces (yes they have toys it is owned by toyrus)on sale 30% off.
    She is done,soo happy .Bought myself a nice indigo candle on the reduced rack for 5.00 and a tiny ball of gross mini products for sebastian 5.00
    reg 10.00

oh and small tiny care bears in a surprise ball at rooms and spaces on sale 2.49 each for the girls .

Then popped into sobeys for some fresh grapes ,watermelon and bread -stuck to my list.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight is taco salad. While prepping everything I packed my work lunch for tomorrow.
    Cleaning the kitchen as I go.

This afternoon I cleaned out the fridge completely. I removed everything. Pulled all shelves and drawers out and washed.
    It is so clean and organized now.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Hit the gym this morning for a quick strength training and major stretching before my run. Just a short 4km as I’m recovering from a slight injury ( more of an annoyance than an injury). I felt amazing after. No pain or discomfort .

Dh and I headed to Homesense to grab a shower curtain liner and look for a new mug for me.

We stopped by Safeway on the way home and I grabbed
    5 X Violife cheese $4.99-$3.00 coupon and got 100 scene points per item making them 99C

Oh, also grabbed some attitude from the cashier for using coupons

Enjoying some tea by the “fireplace”
    Name:  20231120_143559.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  201.8 KB

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

got the 30 large eggs today at Metro ( flyer I saw online said $6.99, of course there price was $7.99 ! grrr. ) Totally forgot that I had an offer of 3 AM on any eggs bought.
    That did not make it better...lol
    Nice mug @harbie

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Dinner has been had and cleaned up from. My idea worked, I cooked up some Frozen Broccoli, added some Leftover Pasta and used the Sauce from the Chicken as a sauce for the pasta, topped with some fresh parm and dinner was served.

Pork Chops for tomorrow are in the fridge marinating.

I did not get the rice cooked but that is okay, will cook it up tomorrow.

Laundry is done including folding, just need to put it away before bed.

Dishwasher has been emptied and reloaded. Hand Dishes are done.

I did not get the bathroom clean but maybe before bed I will knock it out.

This is the week I knocked it all out.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    got the 30 large eggs today at Metro ( flyer I saw online said $6.99, of course there price was $7.99 ! grrr. ) Totally forgot that I had an offer of 3 AM on any eggs bought.
    That did not make it better...lol
    Nice mug @harbie
    Must be the week for eggs. Got the Loblaws deal: $3.89 with $2 PC Optimum points per carton so $1.89. Lots of broken so really had to check.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Thanks @Ciel21. Thanks @walkonby. Loblaws company, in the past, has been brutal with employee union agreements. Hope the smarten up this time and settle for what Metro got or more.
    Looks like there is a settlement with the No Frills contract. Good to hear. Good for the workers.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Got some good deals at Costco recently. Ends in 0.97 clearance. And even a price adjustment to save a bit more on a product that went clearance a week after buying it. And it's not even Black Friday
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I can’t believe I ran out of my peppermint tea so had to walk to IGA this morning. $6.49 (LD has it for $3 each) for Stash! . Nope. Trying Twinings at $4.99.

I grabbed some globe grapes (that’s what I call the huge round green grapes). I needed something sweet but healthy.

Btw, how does laundry multiple over night? I swear I did it all th3 other day but now the laundry basket is full

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I went to Walmart last night as I needed to get the gifts for the Angel tree and considering we are a month to Christmas that place was dead. But I have no point of comparison as I shop at WM maybe 3 times a year in Ontario, more in NS as we have so few choices. I also trolled the meat and dairy for clearance and picked up a huge pack of chicken breast marked down to $8.00, regular $20.00, I came home and split it up for the freezer. These are the type of things that excite me.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Salvaged 7x cans of beans and a can of almonds.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I did a price adjustment for the first time a few months ago and I've had membership for years.
    Anyway I got back $3.xx on a gift card for a box of gummies that my hubby bought. It felt like a victory!!! Now I just have to remember to use the darn gift card - kept forgetting it every time I go to Costco.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Got some good deals at Costco recently. Ends in 0.97 clearance. And even a price adjustment to save a bit more on a product that went clearance a week after buying it. And it's not even Black Friday
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

@harbie I love mugs. I drink coffee and tea. I like them in different designs and sayings. Currently, my mug at work says "life is too short for bad coffee" Last month, I had a mickey mouse mug that says "you're on mute" because I do virtual meetings.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I love Costco Price Adjustment policy, I got over $40 back last year.

Although I will say it does have to be of a certain amount to make it worth standing in line. Earlier this year I was getting a Price Adjustment, the person in front of me got a $0.13 adjustment, I could not see myself standing inline for $0.13.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information