User Tag List

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: November 2023 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I was in a branch today doing training and helping them prepare for Inventory. I have to admit, this year's Inventory is stressing me out.

On my way home I went to the Post Office as I had a return to drop off. Sending back 5 pairs of leggings, that we did not like, one 3 pairs I did not notice the fabric and they are supposed to be activewear sweat-wicking, they felt funny and I did not like them. Although I view it as a win, we kept 6 pairs, 4 for me and 2 for Mom.

It was nice by laundry day this week I was not out of leggings which is what I wear around the house. Now I just need to find sweatshirts, I was going to order some when I ordered the leggings but our sizes seem to be sold out in every style. I tried looking on a few other websites but for some reason, Women's Plus Size Sweatshirts all seem to be $40+. Even WalMart in Plus size they are all Brand Name (Disney, etc), I just want plain basic sweatshirts I can wear around the house.

I was going to go to the Grocery Store too but, it was raining when I came home and I have caught a chill I cannot seem to shake. So Instead I just came home and try to knock out some work. I feel like the work-to-do-list is never-ending right now.

I got everything done yesterday expect cleaning the bathroom. Still need to get this done, was going to do it when I got home but a work task took me longer than expected and then it was time to start dinner.

Tonight is Mustard Balsamic Pork Chops with Rice and Green Beans.

Happy Tuesday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Day! Rainy dark day here today.

I took out a chunk of peameal. Will make pork fried rice tomorrow for my kid. Will load it with veggies. Put in serving size glass containers in fridge and he can heat and eat!

Happy tomorrow is a work from home day. Will make oatmeal for breakfast tomorrow since I haven't had it in a while and the almond milk needs to be used up.

Will pop into No Frills on my way home today to pick up 6 bags of the frozen raspberries for the freezer. This is my go to sweet snack.

Expecting my Mark's delivery today (lined work jackets for youngest DS for Christmas) Then I can start sorting/wrapping.

Have a wonderful day!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ugh! you said it @Frugalbigmama Dreary and rainy again today. That deters any trips out. Will try to hit a couple of stores tomorrow early, depends on how tired I am today after hauling up some Christmas decor to spread about the living/dining rooms. The front outside path is done, very minimal this year. A few strings of lights on the apple tree, 2 x 3.5' lighted trees and 2 medium inflatables. The inflatables always make me smile, not a kid, but still a kid at heart I suppose.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@Purdee I’m a mug fanatic. I love betting a new one when my old one gets chipped or badly scratched.

I'm kicking myself for not getting this one when I saw it but I didn’t need one and didn’t have the room when I found it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie ,my daughter-in-law is a mug fanatic she has about 25 i swear there is no place to put them (when i unload the dishwasher).People buy them as gifts for her with her job thou.

I have about 10 and i love the 2 insulated ones i got at winners on clearance for 3.00 each .

Well i was throwing out some old grocery bills yes i keep my bills for about 3 months -i can see the price of everything rising since sept in food.Hard to stockpile the deals these days in my opinion.

Watch the girls today so just chilling ,got my free milk at shoppers yesterday -yes they overcharged me on seniors day for 2 i only bought one .Everyone look at your bills.
    Skippy, harbie, Purdee and 6 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

wanna hear how I got duped? I had bought 2 cartons of OJ ( no pulp ) for DS at Metro ( Irresistible brand ) for $3.49 each. I used to get these for just under $3.00 at one time.
    Today I reached into the fridge to open one but it seemed to be not as heavy, so i thought DS had opened it. Nope, the carton is exactly the same size BUT the contents of the juice inside is now 2.65 instead of 2.75 ! Dirty tricks. I sure would have noticed a different sized carton so they just marked the new amount on the front.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    wanna hear how I got duped? I had bought 2 cartons of OJ ( no pulp ) for DS at Metro ( Irresistible brand ) for $3.49 each. I used to get these for just under $3.00 at one time.
    Today I reached into the fridge to open one but it seemed to be not as heavy, so i thought DS had opened it. Nope, the carton is exactly the same size BUT the contents of the juice inside is now 2.65 instead of 2.75 ! Dirty tricks. I sure would have noticed a different sized carton so they just marked the new amount on the front.
    Wow, they should not mess with a person's orange juice. Did you tell Metro? Who knows, they may offer an incentive or coupons or AM to ease the disappointment. Just a suggestion...
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Slow start for me today. First coffee!

Filled the sink with hot water/soap and dishes. DS cleaned the basement. Found all the missing plates!
    Will let them soak for awhile then wash them while making breakfast. Have the thawed peameal chunk that I will chop up and cook this morning for fried rice.
    Thinking fahitas for dinner so will take chicken out of the freezer now.

I have a pineapple and melon to cut up. Love my glass containers for this stuff in the fridge. I should pick up a few more today and toss the old plastic ones.

Ok I better get to work! Have a great day!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Morning everyone.

Another Thursday another week of useless PC offers . I only have the 4 I saved ( not really things I need and low points) and the new ones were makeup (never have I purchased makeup for RCSS), 100pts/$1 mushrooms and 200pts/$1 NN corn chips . THANK YOU Mr. Weston

Foggy and cold start to the day but the sun is starting to burn through and the best part is it will be dry.

Off to work…..

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Morning everyone.

Another Thursday another week of useless PC offers . I only have the 4 I saved ( not really things I need and low points) and the new ones were makeup (never have I purchased makeup for RCSS), 100pts/$1 mushrooms and 200pts/$1 NN corn chips . THANK YOU Mr. Weston

Foggy and cold start to the day but the sun is starting to burn through and the best part is it will be dry.

Off to work…..
    Agreed! I am totally shopping smart/sales only and Loblaw stores are not my top visit. Only visiting to price match these days since I feel the prices are higher there then elsewhere.
    harbie, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well have the peameal and rice cooking. Dishes all washed up.
    Will make the fried rice later this afternoon.
    I have everything for fahitas (using frozen peppers which work great for this) so no shopping needed!

Still haven't eaten yet today and now I am starving! Thinking eggs and toast!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I decided to get out for a bit so grabbed some groceries for the next week (we didn't NEED anything but will make our meals better)

FB- Grabbed the 4pk fresh peppers and mushrooms. and an OJ for Christmas morning.
    FL- 5 packages of the Watson Chicken on for $20 (so $4 a box) 2 popcorn chicken, 2 chicken strips 1 chicken burger (DS is set for quick easy air fryer food)
    RCSS- Wraps $2.99 burger buns $2.99 Thanksgiving Snacking box $9.94 ( 6 x crackers 3 x cookies plus one FPC for family size Christie Crackers)

Now we can make some great meals
    Skippy, harbie, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I concur with @harbie about useless personal Optimum offers.One would think that since they already know what you buy they would offer something to your liking.
    There I've said my bit which is it as in too much pain to type but it too shall pass.
    Enjoy your evening my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I concur with @harbie about useless personal Optimum offers.One would think that since they already know what you buy they would offer something to your liking.
    There I've said my bit which is it as in too much pain to type but it too shall pass.
    Enjoy your evening my friends!
    Unfortunately for us, they are trying to meet their corporate goals, not ours as consumers, and they understand that in general, it takes a lot to get a meaningful number of people to stop shopping where they are used to. Plus the ones most likely to switch are the ones they probably care least about retaining, the low-profit ones who PM, coupon, spend a much higher % of their total on specials, etc.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I hate the new PCO app. So many offers and promos to sort through. Most for stuff I never buy. It also does not help that I have confused the hell out of them so I have offers for Atlantic Superstore at the same time as No Frills offers. I never get Atlantic Superstore offers when I am in NS.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information