User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: November 2023 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel21 , I also got the notice but I guess Disney+ has delayed their increase as originally when I signed up for the Promo they said the price would be going up in November.

The only thing I find "odd" with Disney+ is from what I have seen online in December they will start offering different tiers, if you really dig you can find this information from Disney but the App does not mention this is coming. I feel like they are hoping people don't notice and just pay the higher price.

Not Disney+ but I have heard Amazon Prime is also going to be changing their streaming. Unlike other streaming services that are offering a version with Ads for Cheaper, Amazon will require you to pay $2 more a month to stay ad-free, but I have heard a date for the change.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I did our grocery shopping yesterday, nothing too exciting this week, mostly just some fresh produce and we needed Milk and Sour Cream. For produce, I got Peppers, Cherry Tomatoes, Green Onions, Mushrooms, Lemons and Raspberries.

I also grabbed a whole Chicken for something different. We have a couple in the freezer but my stock price is $1.99/lb which was the price so I just grabbed one. As well I grabbed a pack of Bacon to cook off this weekend, again we have some freezer but we can save those for later.

No Frills was completely out of Almond Milk so I may run in for the next week, we will see.

Mom had an online order she needed to pick up today so I went with her. I was worried if she would be able to make it into the store to pick it up, I could see she was in pain but also really needed to leave the house. It is so hard, getting ready to go out is about all she can handle so it is so hard to get her out of the house right now. But we got her out, I got her package and we took her car for a drive.

On the way home I had her stop at Freshco so I could run in and grab Body Wash, I could have Price Matched it at No Frills but by going to Freshco I got 300 scene points for buying 3 and we were driving right by.

Dinner tonight was just Pasta with Meat Sauce and Garlic Bread. We had some mushrooms to use up which I added to the sauce.

I need to finish up some reports for work, then tomorrow I am working. We are making some changes in one of our locations and there are about 600 to 700 changes that need to be manually processed in the system well we are closed. Not sure how long it is going t take so my plan is to tackle this tomorrow so if it takes longer than expected I have Sunday to finish if need be.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Happy Friday everyone Well hubby and I celebrated our anniversary yesterday, it was just a nice chill day by the fireplace.

Now it's back to normal now that back procedures, birthday and anniversary are over. DH did a ton of yard work this afternoon. I headed back to ukulele but did a PC express order this morning to pick up this evening. I had an offer for 10,000 pts that I wanted to use

I was quite proud of myself to be honest, I really wanted to stock up on the Planters nuts that are on sale this week for $2.99 as donations for the food bank. I usually go shopping on a Tues or Wed when the store is totally sold out of the products that are on sale. I had my entire order filled with the exception of 2 items after pick up, I went back in the store and bought some more.

The only snag was when DH saw the large number of cashews, almonds etc on the counter. He wanted to keep them all LOL .....until he realized that I had also shopped for his own personal stash.

Tomorrow is a big kitchen day. I picked up ground turkey, ground beef, chicken breasts and we also have some homemade bits and bites to slow cook along with some fruit to use up in baking.

Have a nice evening everyone!
    Last edited by crafter; Fri, Nov 3rd, 2023 at 10:57 PM.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Crafter -happy anniversary,hope you had a good one.

Babysat the girls and took the cheezies halloween bags over to them with a few chocolates ,on sat we are dropping ashlyn off at a bowling birthday party and picking her up ,as my daughter-in-law is taking cara to gymnastics(son is working)so we dont mind helping out .
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@SassyAshley last week I found the imperfect carrots on for $1.00 for a 5 pound bag. I happily scooped them up and made sure to add carrots to every meal this week.
    I am not impressed with the deals this week but someone has apples and pears for 99 cents so I think that will be my place to shop. But 1st I need to find which store. I think Freshco.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @SassyAshley last week I found the imperfect carrots on for $1.00 for a 5 pound bag. I happily scooped them up and made sure to add carrots to every meal this week.
    I am not impressed with the deals this week but someone has apples and pears for 99 cents so I think that will be my place to shop. But 1st I need to find which store. I think Freshco.

@lilo0003 you are correct it FreshCo
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@crafter, Happy Belated Anniversary to you and your DH.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Nov 4th, 2023 at 07:59 AM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Got a Costco cheque. Executive membership. Cheque paid back the cost of the membership.

Rest of the cheque, went to Christmas gifts, that were requested. Most of what we bought was the end in .97 clearance deals. Like a $21.99 Tommy Hilfiger sweater for $6.97, 'Ugg' like suede boots (Kirkland Signature brand) that were $39.99, for $19.97, Steve Madden tights, 4 pack, $9.97, plus purple, peach, red flannel shirts for $9.97 (reg. $19.99), 4 pack underwear for 9.97 that were $19.99 regularly, winter ski gloves that were $19.99 for $4.97 (cashier asked where I found these so she can get some

The people getting the gifts use these things we got and will be so happy. And the cheque covered almost all of it.

Hope the clock change is o.k. for everybody's sleep and such.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I have work I need to get done but I think before I start that, I might try to get a few things done around the house. I am really hoping once I start on this work stuff it won't take that long to process. A girl can hope.

I also have some prep I need to get done, mostly just processing some produce. We have some lettuce, celery and green onions I need to wash and package. Thinking I might make a soup to have in the fridge for lunches, just not sure what type I want to make, I mean we have Potato or Chicken Orzo or Broccoli Cheddar. Plus I want to make some muffins and maybe some cookies, it has been forever since I made cookies.

Need to come up with a meal plan for next week too. I was scrolling through my Pinterest last weekend and saw a bunch of recipes we have tried and liked that I forgot about, so maybe I will go through again and see which recipes I can add to this week's meal plan. Plus I feel like some Slow Cooker meals would be good.

Happy Saturday Everyone.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @Skippy, I do not see anything changing with Grocery Prices, I have read quite a few articles and I feel like the government is giving all the chains an out.

I know one of the things the government suggested was freezing prices so people would know the price of staples, did it not already come last year that grocery stores do this on their name brands during this time of year already? (easy out, asking them to do something that already do).

But I did notice Wednesday when I went into No Frills to grab potatoes they had all of the Naturally Imperfect Vegetables lined up at the front door, I double-checked the flyer they were not on sale, the signs did not indicate they were on sale or my stores new favourite in-store special. When I went in yesterday, they have been moved to various different spots in the produce department and almost all of the prices have gone up.

Apples have been $6 for 6lbs now they are $7
    Potatoes have been $5 for 15lbs now they are $6
    Cucumbers have been $5 for 2lbs (I think, don't quote me) they are now $6
    Limes have been $6 for 2 lbs they are now $8.99

I honestly, do not know how people buy produce that is not on sale. Okay, I know they were on sale last week but 10 lbs of Potatoes were $1.88, this week they are $5.99.

I know people question the way I shop and stock up on things and yes I bought 4 bags of potatoes, I do this because paying $5.99 for a 10lb bag of potatoes is not in my budget.
    Thanks @SassyAshley for your take on it all and you are indeed correct about the staples freeze. One chain made a big deal about it and when they asked another why they didn't follow suit they were told all the stores already did it!
    As for stocking up I agree with you 100% as it is one of the only ways to save.We also buy the 10lb bag and manage to go through it but I don't buy multiples because they won't keep for us.Is there a secret to storing them?
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Happy Saturday! Well it's a big day in the kitchen for me. I have 2xground turkey, lean ground beef and chicken breasts to cook up. I started the day using up some greek yogurt I forgot about in the back of the fridge. A friend gave me a yogurt cheese maker which is simple to use, I think...I just put the yogurt into a box with a mesh strainer, it apparently thickens it to a cream cheese consistency in 24 hours...easy peesy. I also tried making some yogurt freezer bark. I added honey and spread out in a container. I added raspberries. Fingers crossed it turns out.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Took ashlyn to a bowling party today ,then listened to her play the keyboard with her piano lessons .She wanted to come to our house for a few hours 3 a break from her 5 year old sister ,son will pick her up at 6.30 on his way home from work .

Gotta love your grandkids ,lol.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Skippy , I keep my potatoes in a cardboard box in my basement. Potatoes like to be in a cool dark place.

When I put them in the box I sort them to make sure none of them have funny marks or are soft, if they are they come upstairs to be used first. I also check them once a week to make sure none are going soft, if they are they come upstairs to be used. All it takes is one bad potato to take out the whole box.

I find this way they usually last us a few months and get me to the next sale.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Younger son drove my SUV to work so I am working on switching my clothes and laundry. We have a sunny day here so I am going for a walk before he gets back and them off to Freshco for some deals. Yesterday I went to Loblaws which is never my 1st choice but I had a number of the downloaded offers that are good only at specific stores. The best deal was the PC pizza on sale for 3.49 and the offer was 5000 PCO for 2, thankfully I had loaded these to DHs card as well as he has a personal offer so after points 4 pizzas cost $1.60 total. I also bought the cologne sampler at SDM with the other things I needed it was nearly 50000 PCO.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today popped over to sobeys a few deals
    Highliner fish 5 10.99 old signage i paid .99 scooped
    (2) heinz ketchup low sodium was all that was left 5.99-400 points=3.99
    cracker barrel cheese slices 3.99 with scene -1.00 cpn=2.99
    bag of apples 2.99
    double box of christies soup crackers 7.99=4.00 for the one

plus a few other items used 10.00 in scene points
    The shelves were pretty bare due to the warehouse strike ,so they are not giving rainchecks at this moment in time .

I am missing 40 points for the dempters bagels i got -but i am not asking for it to much trouble last time i asked for 565 and took awhile to get it ,wish they had inquiry like p.c optimum so much easier.

Was invited over to my younger brothers but since i am at the tale end of a cold ,we decided not to see each other as he is travelling on a trip with his wife to the u.s.a on friday ,so i will see him when he gets back down the road.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information