User Tag List

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: November 2023 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Ah lilo i use to do a xmas stocking up for my dear mom when she was here as she never had one as a kid her mom passed away in childbirth when she was 2 .Enjoy your dear mom ,i miss my mom around special times more so.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@coupon girl banana chips replacing cashews? Pul-ease! That's both a bold move and a dirty trick on their part!
    I have no remedy for missing Moms, that happens especially around the holidays. @SassyAshley I cannot ever browse Pinterest. I rarely come up for air if I do, so I get it when you found yourself in that vortex.
    Baking was always a sharing thing for me as well but since retirement, no more bringing stuff in for co-workers. @lilo0003 that was an efficient outing to use up points, get a price adjustment and shop for stocking stuffers.
    Don't anyone notice it's after 4 a.m. o.k.? My sleep patterns are all over the place.

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , that replcing cashews with bananan chips????? I could see a cheaper nut but to move to Bananan Chips I feel like a huge sticker or label is needed to let everyone know, they are not comparable.
    @walkonby , oh how I feel the sleep patterns issue, ever since we fell back (time change) I cannot get back on a sleep schedule and it is killing me.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

Expecting snow squalls etc and this mama has to worry about her baby driving in it. For some reason he had to drive himself to the job site today which I am not impressed about!! Hopefully since he started so early he will get home early.

Busy work week for me and it has interfered with my plans for going away for 2 nights. (Girls getaway- hotel-spa-comedy show) So my 2 days off are only a 1/2 day off each for the spa treatments and I will be working from the hotel one morning and one afternoon. Oh well its only a few hours each day and I will still have a good time.

The weekend went by quickly like usual. Went for a drive Saturday for free breakfast since it seemed like the calm before the storm.
    I do not enjoy being trapped at home because of weather

Have a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

RE: Sleep. I have been waking up at random times too the past few days. I actually got up early to work today which I never do lol

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy it did state on the front in small letters banana chips but i didnt see it i just assumed it was the same .I would have greatly loved the smaller size only with cashews .

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    It’s been a wild couple of days here.

Dh’s stepdad died on Wednesday ( he didn’t find out until Thursday night) at 77 from prostate cancer. It’s caused a tidal wave of emotions since he’s been estranged from him for 20 years and sadly his mom too( all 4 boys are too ). Too much drama to unpack there!

Anyways Dh of course think’s immediately about his mom and her being alone, struggling with some mental health issues to a certain extent and he stopped by to drop off flowers and give his condolences. Of course she gaslit him. Not surprised at this. Anyways it’s bring up a lot of stuff he had dealt with years ago . All I can do is listen and tell him I LOVE him.

Needless to say the only “deals” I got were PMing Silk coffee creamer to NF for $4.79 at SOF and ordered my skincare from TSC yesterday. Reg $149.99 on sale for $59.99 -$9.00 discount code and 12% cash back from Rakuten. I personally really like this stuff and it lasts me close to a year so it’s a great price for a year’s worth ( plus I still have the eye cream leftover).

The sun is back shining so I’m going to head out for a walk this morning after I finish my tea. I need to get warm before heading to the cold. Then it’s usual Saturday bedding washing day and more laundry and cleaning. Oh yay
    @harbie so sorry to hear of the whole situation DH and you are facing.Even more difficult than usual because of the family dynamics.
    Listening is often the best thing that one can offer in any circumstance.
    Praying for all concerned!
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Ah lilo i use to do a xmas stocking up for my dear mom when she was here as she never had one as a kid her mom passed away in childbirth when she was 2 .Enjoy your dear mom ,i miss my mom around special times more so.
    @coupongirl You're not alone in this regard as Christmas is indeed a difficult time for many because of someone absent at the table for whatever reason.
    I really wish that I had a way to make it easier, but I've yet to discover that myself.That said, do come back here as often as needed as you will get a listening ear.
    Praying for all concerned.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My Puma order was just delivered! I think my Christmas shopping is done. Just need to sort and wrap!

Have my 2nd and last load in the washer. Will hang this load up to dry and then I can put it away tomorrow night.

I've been moving around a bunch of empty bins...I should just post them for sale now and get them out of the way.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Ek, we are under a squall watch and travel advisory, happy it is a work-from-home day. It started snowing 15 minutes ago and just as it started to stick it stopped and now it is sunny.

I have decided it is a new week and I am going to have a good week. I am going to refresh, regroup and refocus. I did sleep in a bit this morning, wanted to be up at 5 but did not get up until 6 but I got started knocking out work stuff. I did not work this weekend, so feeling a touch behind as normal I write my to-do list and clean up emails on Sundays but we are rolling with it.

Since I took the weekend off I have quite a bit I need to get done around the house, I have a list to keep me focused and am working through it as I take breaks from work. So far the Dishwasher has been emptied but I need to reload it as we had dishes last night we could not get in.

Also, remembering to take care of me, I had some leftover waffles and two clementines for Breakfast. Hoping the one Clementine was one off as it was quite tart, hoping the whole box is not tart.

I need to figure out dinner, I am thinking maybe Dutch Oven Chicken, you Cook Chicken with Mushrooms and Carrots in cream gravy and then we serve it over Mashed Potatoes. Nice warm cozy meal.

Happy Monday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! School bus service canceled in our area. And the snow just keeps falling!
    Shoveled a bit before leaving for work but will finish the rest once home. Work out for today! Thinking that we will enjoy pasta with meat sauce for dinner (in freezer) Can pull the sauce and get it on the stove and then shovel!

Left the house with a clean kitchen. Nice feeling.

I am starving today. Didn't eat much yesterday and it is catching up with me. I could eat a horse!

Stay safe today!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My benefit company is usually quick to reimburse us. But for some reason DS's allergy meds always have a delay.
    I submitted it over a 1.5 months ago and it was just sitting there. Sent in an inquiry and never received a reply.
    So I resubmitted it on Friday and the $ was put in my account today. Crazy system!
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thinking of my dear mom today as it was her birthday .

Need to get wrapping my grandkids gifts as my daughter and sebastian are spending the night on wednesday (she has to come into town for a function)He can be the nosiest kid on the block too.

Tree just needs the ornaments on it can do now or wednesday morning.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , **HUGS**
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , **HUGS**
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information