User Tag List

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1604Likes

Thread: January 2024 Frugal Chatter thread (it's a leap year!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    You seem quite enamoured with meat, for your family. Have you considered using lean ground turkey in lieu of all that ground beef? RCSS has their perpetural $10 for 4lb lean ground turkey. The only drawback is that it is sold frozen. However, it turns out to be only $2.50/lb. I use it in my chili, instead of beef, and cannot even tell the difference in taste.
    The only grocery stores in our community are Sobeys, No Frills, CO-OP, and a small super Walmart. Otherwise it’s a 1hr drive to the next grocery store.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oye, it has been a day but one of those days where it felt like time was slipping away, probably because I woke up late.

I got all the day-to-day stuff done but that took me all day.

The fridge was cleaned out, we did have a little bit of food waste and there were lots of little bits left over from Mom's bday which equalled a lot of plastic containers which equalled hand dishes.

Garbage and Recycling have been taken out, our recycling was overflowing, it should have gone out last week but there were no bins.

I lost track of time and did not get the dough for the Dinner Rolls in the Bread Machine so I made a skillet bread instead since it only has to rise for an hour.

I have made my breakfasts for the week using things that needed to be used up. I used the last banana to make Scrambled oats and I have a lot of apples so I made sauteed apples lastly I made Whipped Greek Yogurt to top it all off.

Now it is time to relax because I am exhausted.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela great prices on the meat. I always look for the clearance eat and then just freeze it.
    DS1 made dinner tonight. Roast beef, mashed potatoes and maple grazed carrots. Yum.
    I tortured myself with a trip to Costco today as I wanted the Porter Gift Card. It was absolutely En off to the bigger No Frills. I almost died when she said I spent 100.00. There was no meat or dairy in that. I earned 200 PCO, lol. This seems to be the new reality.
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Made a Prime Rib roast; haven't had it in a long time. Normally, I'm too lazy to make gravy, but I did it, this time. Absolutely delicious. Alas, no more shutdown Prime Rib $2.80/lb sales in the future. So, I'll have to enjoy the roasts I have left.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I agree! Loblaws prices were always higher. Now changing from 50% off to 30% off is laughable. Plus their PC Optimum offers recently for Loblaws is a joke.
    Looks like Loblaws reversed their decision, in the face of public pressure and ridicule. Alas, if only such pressure could also reverse other ridiculous measures imposed by the Loblaws group.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and getting this week started. I start with a new staff member today although they have been with the company for 2 weeks already.

Last night I cleaned up my budget except for my savings, I will work on that tonight. We have not spent a lot on groceries in January, I haven't even spent half of our January budget yet. Although Costco has its own category and I did a bigger shop than planned, the coupons worked in my favour this month but now there are many things we won't have to buy for months and I am still slightly under budget even for Costco.

This week I need to focus on getting some projects done around the house, I know I have stalled out because I have hit the point where we have to start deciding what stays and what goes and this is the point where projects go downhill. Mom has said I want her to get rid of everything that is hers which is not true, I think the issue is if it is mine I get rid of it we don't have to discuss it. But, also I do tend to get upset because when it seems like we aren't getting rid of anything if I ask is if there anything I can toss Mom will find things I use but she doesn't.

I get it, it takes me 3 or 4 passes of my clothes to actually become realistic on what I keep and what goes because the what-ifs start to filter in as I sort, but, I find Mom is on board until the process starts. I get it, it is stuff she has bought but when we aren't using it and just storing it. This is the part where I know I get frustrated and I have to focus on the task and not the emotions if that makes sense.

Happy Monday Everyone.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Just got this update in my news feed but cannot recall where I saw the Loblaws post about them switching the discount stickers from 50% off to 30% off.
    Appears enough complaints rolled in and they have abandoned the plan ( for now? )

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/lobl...tion-1.6734246
    Good news that Loblaws changed their mind. I am thinking they may raise their prices and then apply the "new "50% off sticker. Don't trust them.

Like Sassy Ashley, found that Costco is been a good place to get groceries in January. In one warehouse, I think they had too much milk, so the 4 L bag was $4.88. Their butter was $4.95. Someone bought a case. There were specials in the meat department, ready to eat meals (chicken chowmein was $4.00 off per pack), chicken breast, organic low sodium chicken broth, frozen meals, frozen broccoli, frozen fruit, organic oatmeal., organic green tea. All these were cheaper than Loblaws.

Loblaws has organic coconut milk for about $4.00 per can. Costco has their organic coconut milk on for $8.99 for 6 cans.

No breakfast specials though. Maybe next week
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Mon, Jan 22nd, 2024 at 07:49 AM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

I spent the night at my sister's last night- Babysitting my niece. They had tickets for a comedy show in the city and made a night of it.
    She is very independent and easy to watch but I was exhausted last night and in bed and asleep at 930pm!

Working from their house today. Thinking I will probably stay tonight as well so I can visit. I can take my mom out shopping (she lives next door) and then go watch my niece at gymnastics tonight! Get all my visiting done in one shot!

Have a wonderful day!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Looks like Loblaws reversed their decision, in the face of public pressure and ridicule. Alas, if only such pressure could also reverse other ridiculous measures imposed by the Loblaws group.
    No telling how much the reaction mattered and how much was due to lower sales of the marked down goods. For me, it was almost irrelevant. I can't remember the last time I bought something at Loblaws that was 50% off their regular price. Off their sale prices sometimes, but very seldom since I don't go there often.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Hey, I remembered my password! Going to try to be much better at keeping track of things this year, but a pile of projects has already been added by others. Maybe the first priority is to find a large rock to hide behind. Embarrassingly, I just mailed my 2022 taxes. Ever since covid started, I lost access to a printer and have to rely on DH to print documents. On to 2023 taxes!

Is it February that the paper forms show up in post offices? Or has everyone here moved to online? I was going to consider online this year since you can keep an electronic record.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 7 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hello sweet sparrow welcome back.

May go out today to this discount sports shop for more pants for hubby.May look at their womens t-shirts.

Snow is coming this afternoon into tuesday.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Is it February that the paper forms show up in post offices? Or has everyone here moved to online? I was going to consider online this year since you can keep an electronic record.
    You can call and they will mail the form to you
    filing a paper tax return

To get a tax return form, you can either:

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@sweet sparrow , welcome back.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I will wait in anticipation for 2023. Lol. I think they need to process 2022 first. The website says 8 weeks but I just want to make sure it says received. I was so excited to mail it that I forgot to put a return address on it.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well my timing is great as I thought I had some time but I'm fading after dealing with some snow and still need to produce dinner.Fortunately I have leftovers and a rotisserie chicken from Costco so it shouldn't be too hard!
    Best deal of the week is a bottle of Smartwater 1L @NF If you like me snagged a freebie online coupon at Christmas you can redeem it and get 500 points back too!
    Pitiful product but hey it is what it is! The coming week can only get better!
    Whatever you find yourself up to this day...enjoy my friends!
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information