User Tag List

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1604Likes

Thread: January 2024 Frugal Chatter thread (it's a leap year!)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Rescued a Tourtière meat pie from recycling and found a Crave dinner, still frozen, in the snow.
    Score on that Crave dinner! Tortiere is a bonus.
    harbie likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Good Morning! Mild day here today.

My sister and I stayed up till after midnight last night so we could check-in for our upcoming cruise. We were in charge of checking in for everyone in our group so it was a little stressful but we did it and got the check in time we wanted for our group! All we need to do now is pack since everything else is done. My sister organized everything and booked all our hotels/transportation from/to airport/port etc and we all have paid for it already so all we have to do is show up!

Finally planning to go home this afternoon...with our new fridge! So excited to get it set up and go grocery shopping for fresh stuff
    I had a great visit with my sister/family and need to do this more often.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
    Which brand of fridge did you purchase? Just curious. I've been watching Youtube videos because our freezer compartment's evaporator fan seems to need an ice removal based on the vibrating fan noise that Bro claims is not there but I hear it. We have a 10yr old Kenmore (likely an LG built model) with top freezer and left hand doors. Need to id the tools needed (and find them wherever they are) to uncover the area when family is not around and check for ice buildup).
    harbie and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How strange that the Shoppers print flyer I got showed the Pepsi 6pack of pop on weekend pricing of $3.99 but digital flyer shows $3.49, like the Coke 6-pks!

Btw Freshco and No Frills both have $2.99 6pk pops but I imagine stock is depleted by now if one did not shop on Thursday.
    harbie, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, I concur that these gray wet days this week do affect ambition and the "get it done" plans for each day. Chip away at what I can and list the rest for another day or hour or energy rebound.

Today, I happily met with two friends in the library branch. I hadn't planned initially to come in but two days of fighting with Bro's old Blackberry (wifi was on for two nights so I took on the Internetting challenge) made me want desktop computer access. Both friends wished me a happy birthday and one got me a Baby Yoda Tamagotchi keychain! I'll open it next week with friend (I never had one of the Tamagotchis in their first wave of popularity) and see what happens. The Lindt chocolate 3pack of treats are already enjoyed to prepare for the walk home later. Just playing around with my gift lists on two sites (retail therapy) as actual funds are not available for weekend shopping.

Going back to review the digital flyers-not seeing all of them in the mail as Flyer Force made its second appearance in three weeks but the 4 page flyers inspire anger (the better deals are usually not on the pages).

Happy Birthday wishes for those who celebrated this week or are about to celebrate next week: @walkonby @Natalka @Angela _273 and yours truly (55 tomorrow-rather surprised and pleased I am there. Still need to get my HBC account fixed then I can get that 15% discount in-store on Tuesdays).
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sat, Jan 27th, 2024 at 02:34 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Yes, I concur that these gray wet days this week do affect ambition and the "get it done" plans for each day. Chip away at what I can and list the rest for another day or hour or energy rebound.

Today, I happily met with two friends in the library branch. I hadn't planned initially to come in but two days of fighting with Bro's old Blackberry (wifi was on for two nights so I took on the Internetting challenge) made me want desktop computer access. Both friends wished me a happy birthday and one got me a Baby Yoda Tamagotchi keychain! I'll open it next week with friend (I never had one of the Tamagotchis in their first wave of popularity) and see what happens. The Lindt chocolate 3pack of treats are already enjoyed to prepare for the walk home later. Just playing around with my gift lists on two sites (retail therapy) as actual funds are not available for weekend shopping.

Going back to review the digital flyers-not seeing all of them in the mail as Flyer Force made its second appearance in three weeks but the 4 page flyers inspire anger (the better deals are usually not on the pages).

Happy Birthday wishes for those who celebrated this week or are about to celebrate next week: @walkonby @Natalka @Angela_273 and yours truly (55 tomorrow-rather surprised and pleased I am there. Still need to get my HBC account fixed then I can get that 15% discount in-store on Tuesdays).
    Happy Birthday! @Ciel21 hope that you will enjoy tomorrow doing whatever it is you would like to do on your special day!
    Blessings to you tomorrow and in the days ahead!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Ceil -Happy birthday and dont forget 55 and up at shoppers on seniors day (thursdays) get 20% reg price items .

Sassy -i hear you on trying to let go incase you need the item .I still do that my sister-in-law gave me 2 laundry baskets a few months ago when she moved into her moms old house i took them as you never know when one may break!

My son came over today and got a t.v the was a small one from my older brother who passed 2 years ago .My sister-in-law just didnt want it,neither did her 2 grown sons (one could have sold it as he could use the money)but i took it instead of her just donating it.

Well now it is in ashlyns bedroom -it is small and fits on the top of her dresser .See when i brought it home hubby said "we dont need more stuff".I still have that in me "such a boomer i am ".
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel21 , Happy Early Birthday, I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.
    harbie, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I got nothing done today, I had all of these plans and none of them happened, I just could not find my ambition.

I have been trying to make Hashbrowns in the Waffle Iron and for the first time today I got them to cook all the way through. They were good but I think I added a little too much cheese. I am trying to find more breakfast options. It is hard when I rarely eat eggs, like cooked eggs, once in awhile I will have a Hard Boiled Egg Sandwich or usually for dinner I might have a couple Sunny-Side up eggs but I do not eat scrambled or omlette, I cannot handle the texture.

Mom wanted Naan pizza but we needed Cheese so I have prepped out cheese for the week. We had a late lunch, finished eating around 3:30 so dinner will be a small snack later.

I did so some basement shopping, we need Mom's tea, Dish Soap. Mom's crackers and Peanut Butter.

Now I am sitting here wondering if I could walk across our Dining Room table to get to my yarn, I finished my current project last night and now I don't have anything to work on unless I get to my bins.

Will have to find my ambition tomorrow and get our prep for the week done and some cleaning.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

2x 6-pound honeydew melons from Freshco for $3 each

Rescued 4x large Toblerone, several other smaller chocolate bars (dated 2018-19), and four boxes of old chocolates from the dump. The oldest was a box of Toffifee from 2011. Down the hatch it went. A little dry, but the calories are still good.
    harbie, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post

Happy Birthday wishes for those who celebrated this week or are about to celebrate next week: @walkonby @Natalka @Angela_273 and yours truly (55 tomorrow-rather surprised and pleased I am there. Still need to get my HBC account fixed then I can get that 15% discount in-store on Tuesdays).
    @Ciel21 Happy early Birthday . Hope you have a wonderful celebration with your loved ones.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Would you wait in line for a $2 refund?

Costco lowered their price on an item we bought. We say the item go on an unadvertised sale. I think Walmart and Stapes and Best Buy lowered their price this week. The return line was small. 2 minute wait. In that situation would you say forget it or go for the $2 back?
    I would wait and in fact I carry my Costco receipts with me for ages so I can get the refund if I am in store. Last summer is was almost 40.00 when my sons I pods were lowered. Made me happy to have the receipt on me.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@coupongirl I had no idea it was 55+ for seniors at SDM. I don’t shop there often but it would be handy for milk which rarely goes on sale. I actually went in today as the PC coffee was the cheapest there and with a few other items I was able to hit the 60.00 mark. The person in from of me got 30000 PCO so I was not surprised to get 20000. I did see any offers worth my time with the PCO points event. So Metro and Food Basics were my locations of choice this week and it was less than 80.00 total. Including Shoppers, if only every week was like that.
    sadly I think another trip to Costco is needed as DH is almost out of vector and I live in a city with someone that strips all the coupons as soon as they are posted so I have had zero luck finding any Kellogg’s coupons. I will wait to see what the new Costco offers are for next week and then go.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s 2.5wks until we go on our family vacation to Mexico. It’ll be our first time in Mexico and only the second time taking out children on a plane. We took our kids to Cuba in 2019.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-yes the shoppers discount for 55+ is a great price for milk or over the counter medications that never go on sale .Mind you some weeks i miss due to being sick which is okay cause i bought reduced milk in walmart the other day good til feb2.

My brother and his wife have envited us over for lunch ,so nice to get out now that my strep is gone finished my pills on friday.

Angela have a lovely trip with your family .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0003 , if you have the Costco app all of your reciept can be accessed through the app.

I had to use the app to get my price adjustment on our braiser because even though I keep all of my receipt I was not aware the price had gone down and did not have it on me.
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information