User Tag List

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: 2024 February Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My spend offer was spend $150 get 22,500 pts, I went to No Frills today and spent $15.

Come on PC we know you track everything we spend and you know I never spend that much in one week. The only place I spend that much in one shop is Costco.
    harbie, barbis9 and walkonby like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

PC offers are terrible. I shop more at Food Basics these days as the sales are better. I also have been taking things out of the freezer more and also eating foods past expiration date, and I'm still alive

Need an expensive truck repair, and more periodontal surgery! Yikkes told it will require taking tissue from the roof of my mouth and putting it towards my one tooth. It will feel like a burnt pizza type of pain on the mouth. I barely survived gum lengthening (lost over 20 pounds) last year. The joy of getting older! Has anyone on this forum had this done? I have no dental coverage, so it will be a very expensive year for me.

Hopefully everyone in Ontario enjoyed the plus 14 degrees today.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama I’m not 100% sure but I believe you have wait until 50 , at least from what I’ve heard but best to check with your doctor especially if you haven’t had chickenpox before.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Trying to find my ambition this morning. I slept in until 7:30 which I know my body needed but now I am feeling a little blah.

Yesterday I did laundry and washed the last couch blanket that did not get washed when I did the bedding. I still need to vacuum the couch.

Today, I feel like I do not even know where to start. I have stalled out on the Dining room, the floors need to be done, I have veggies I need to prep but at the same time I am so comfy wrapped in this blanket with my cup of tea.

Trying to figure out dinner for tonight, thinking either Homemade Pizza or Chicken Parm, will see how Mom is feeling when she gets up. Although I am not sure that will be anytime soon. Physio was rough yesterday, her hip did not enjoy the new exercises.

I really need to find my ambition, Happy Saturday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It is almost 11 am and no cleaning or prep has happened but I just put breakfast in the oven.

Working on the whole mindset thing. I do not know what it is but for some reason I feel like Breakfast and Lunch should be quick grab and eat not take a lot of time, not make a mess type meals. Unless you are cooking for others.

I already struggle with breakfast, it is not my favourite meal of the day but mix in this idea I have of grab and eat, make no mess, shouldn't take a lot of time because there are other things to get done, it doesn't work.

Now I will cook if other people are eating (I think this is why Dinner is my meal because I am cooking for others). Most days Mom is not up for breakfast so I am on my own so I think of Toast, Cereal or Yogurt but those get boring plus I don't always want sweet.

Today, I decided to take the time to make myself some breakfast, I made myself a little French Toast Blueberry Cream Cheese Bake thing (yep, that is the official name I am giving it). I used part of the one of the baguettes Mom will using for the French Toast Casserole, made the French Toast Mix, added some blueberries and then mixed my cream cheese with a little sugar and vanilla and mixed it all together topped it with some raw sugar and in the oven it went. I have hopes but will know when it comes out of the oven.
    harbie, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well i just woke up from a nap ,slept like 40 minutes must have needed it.

This morning i was up early so decided to go to winners ,see what the up to 70% off was about ,well my store had one rack and a small table .I got a blush for 3.00 thats it.The girl told me it started a week ago.

Then into shoppers got the paper and a box of shortbread marked down to $5.59 -nice with a tea.

Then on to walmart all in the same plaza
    i got (8) campbells tomato soup
    danone yogurt missing 1 reduced to 2.14
    equate hairspray reduced to 2.98 as cap was broken
    granola bars reduced box was bent 2.20

Then i looked thru the 50-60% off clothing nothing for me but got
    Cara a disney nightie for next fall "wish" $ 2.40
    Ashlyn a pair of fleece sleep pants for next fall $1.20

The had nothing in boys sizes except babys.

Then home for the day.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I had some great luck at Winners and the best part was it was my Christmas gift cards for the kids. But holy cats the past 2 days have been expensive. Yesterday we bought the Adirondack chairs for the back yard and today a snowblower. Our snowblower is 26 yrs old and still runs like a charm but we decided not to move it and having one here makes my brothers life easier as he was walking his over.
    We have lots of snow but it was sunny all day so that was nice.
    Grocery shopping is horrifying spent 100.00 at superstore and my personal offers resulted in 700 PCO. There was a few in-store offers and we have no stockpile here and really limited choices for shopping. I am sure the security guys at the airport think I am nuts because my suitcase is pretty much food.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Lilo ,that is how we got a 25 year old snow blower .My hubbys brother his son-in-law and daughter moved out west and didnt take their new snow blower,so hubbys brother gave us his older model -which is fine .Now we dont have to share the snow blower between our neighbour ,which when we moved in 25 years ago he asked us to give him $300 towards his new snow blower and we could share it.

Well lets say better to have our own now.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    One of my offers today was spend $400.00 ( before the next week! ) and we will give you 40,000 points. bwahahaha!!!
    nearly spit out the coffee on reading that one.
    Saw some Christmas items on clearance. 2 pack Planters chocolate covered almonds and honey pralines + cashews for $7.94. Used $ 10 in PC Optimum points and bought two Planters Christmas packs. Expires in August.
    Saw the 50% off stickers back.
    Saw lots of hot prepared meals and deli snacks in full displays, for the Super Bowl. But no one was buying. So maybe on Sunday or Monday, some nice chilled prepared meal deals. YMMV.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I think I might be trying to fight something off, I feel like, I don't know, I don't feel sick but I don't feel normal, it is hard to explain.

Yesterday well I was eating I noticed my ear was hurting inside, then I started to feel pressure in my face, my sinuses weren't happy. I fell asleep on the couch for a little bit and then really had no ambition.

Last night's dinner was Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Chicken, Potatoes & Green Beans.

Tonight, I am thinking Pizza but will see how Mom feels when she gets up.

I need to pull it together and get all the things done. Lately I have not been checking my emails on weekend but my phone started blowing up yesterday afternoon, turns out the meeting no one was responding to attending on Monday is now a go. Yeah, this is going to be an issue for me since I did not think the meeting was happening and I got nothing done on my to-do list on Friday due to all the things you cannot plan I do not have the workflow for this meeting.

I swore 2024 was going to be different, I wasn't going fall behind, I wasn't going to fake my way through meetings and training but last week I faked my way through training because all my prep time was consumed with training. I have meeting I am not prepare for on Monday and have none of the documents I need for this week's training.

But I am trying not to panic, not to stress and not to spin. Today I am going to focus on the house stuff and not the work stuff tomorrow is a new day. Although I will probably take half an hour later today and write my to-do list for tomorrow so I can just drive right in tomorrow morning and hopefully knock out this workflow before the meeting.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Popped out early this morning to SDM (eggs) Food Basics (Lean ground beef/pineapple/romaine/grapes) and GT (VH sauce).

Then home to clean out the fridge/cleaned out a cupboard and organized our cans/sides/sauces etc.

Have the beef in a bowl ready to make burger patties and meatballs. Burgers will be for tonight and the meatballs put in the freezer for a future meal.

Cleaned out the bread bin (didn't want to buy any until I knew what we had left) Well we had 1 hamburger bun and 1 English muffin. I just had the English muffin lol. Was planning to go out this afternoon for a walk downtown and will swing by No frills on way home for Rye bread and burger buns/English muffins.
    Pretty simple week for groceries and lots of meal choices (still have mushrooms/broccoli/cauliflower and peppers!) Thinking I will pull the whole chicken from the freezer now and that will be tomorrow nights dinner with all the fixings. DS son has a play off hockey game so that will be a good meal for him waiting when he gets home from work.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Feb 12th, 2024 at 08:54 AM.
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    I need to pull it together and get all the things done. Lately I have not been checking my emails on weekend but my phone started blowing up yesterday afternoon, turns out the meeting no one was responding to attending on Monday is now a go. Yeah, this is going to be an issue for me since I did not think the meeting was happening and I got nothing done on my to-do list on Friday due to all the things you cannot plan I do not have the workflow for this meeting.

I swore 2024 was going to be different, I wasn't going fall behind, I wasn't going to fake my way through meetings and training but last week I faked my way through training because all my prep time was consumed with training. I have meeting I am not prepare for on Monday and have none of the documents I need for this week's training.

But I am trying not to panic, not to stress and not to spin. Today I am going to focus on the house stuff and not the work stuff tomorrow is a new day. Although I will probably take half an hour later today and write my to-do list for tomorrow so I can just drive right in tomorrow morning and hopefully knock out this workflow before the meeting.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    Here!! @SassyAshley I have you covered ! You'll be just fine!!

Name:  stress free zone.png
Views: 57
Size:  9.3 KB

Name:  no spin zone.png
Size:  6.6 KB

Name:  no panic zone.png
Size:  6.3 KB
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@walkonby , Thank you, those made me laugh.

I have decided to save my sanity (is that even possible???) I am going to focus on my prep get the food stuff done. I will clean out the fridge, prep what needs to be prepped, figure out a meal plan and go from there.

The house cleaning stuff, I think/I feel I am on top of enough that I can do that after work as long as dinners are ready to go.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Round 2 of shopping done.

Wal-mart (6 x Special K cereal for DS $2 each after sale/coupon) 5pk avocados/cucumber/Ranch dressing /4pk bagels clearance .94
    No Frills- 4 boxes of Triscuit crackers (put one in cupboard and hid the other 3- If you have teenagers you know) 4 x VH sauce $1.27 after PM/coupon (2 Plum 2 Soya sauce for fried rice) English muffins, Rye bread, hamburger buns
    Dollarama- Hair ties (they are called headband wraps but I have thick long hair and I like them for putting my hair in a bun) Special K granola bars/Pepperidge Farm cookies and a Skor/Almond bar to tuck away for that time of the month later on lol

I am shopped out. We have all the stuff needed to make good meals at home!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Round 2 of shopping done.

Wal-mart (6 x Special K cereal for DS $2 each after sale/coupon) 5pk avocados/cucumber/Ranch dressing /4pk bagels clearance .94
    No Frills- 4 boxes of Triscuit crackers (put one in cupboard and hid the other 3- If you have teenagers you know) 4 x VH sauce $1.27 after PM/coupon (2 Plum 2 Soya sauce for fried rice) English muffins, Rye bread, hamburger buns
    Dollarama- Hair ties (they are called headband wraps but I have thick long hair and I like them for putting my hair in a bun) Special K granola bars/Pepperidge Farm cookies and a Skor/Almond bar to tuck away for that time of the month later on lol

I am shopped out. We have all the stuff needed to make good meals at home!

@Frugalbigmama if you don’t mind me asking where did you find the VH coupon. Would love to find some. TIA
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information