User Tag List

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 262
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: 2024 February Frugal Chatter

  1. #106
    Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    10,126
    Likes Received
    42891
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)




    @HermanH , I could see that happening sadly. My guess is if they come across it they will mark it down but if someone asks the answer is no and they offer to get them a new package.

    That was like someone told me their local store (I cannot remember which store but it was a Loblaw's Banner Store), if you point out something is close to expiry and ask if it can be marked down they tell you they cannot sell it. But they have been in-line and seen someone refused but then after they leave the cashier calls the department and tells them to put a sticker on it and put it back on the floor.

    Heck, I had the manager at one store tell me the sale Price did not apply to the Ground Pork I was buying because it had a 30% off sticker which tells them the product was in the store before the sale started and therefore the sale price does not apply. After asking a few questions "Outside of the meat department, how does the store track which products were on the floor before the sale started?" "Those apples that are for sale how do I make sure I am getting ones that are on sale and not old stock?" He took my packages of meat and marked them down to the sale price.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

    https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

  2. #107
    Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    10,126
    Likes Received
    42891
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)




    @coupon girl , oh no, hope the recovery is quick.

    Also, I am kind of surprised they did not redo the filling. Most people I know with the old silver fillings their dentist has replaced them. But with that being said I know our coverage covers them being redone so maybe that is why?
    harbie and barbis9 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

    https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

  3. #108
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    22,017
    Likes Received
    55150
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)




    Sassy -they couldnt save the tooth it was cracked right down the center.No my hubbys coverage does not cover all of this we are retired but have a company plan from him will still have to pay big bucks .

    I know as my hubby had one last feb a tooth fell out and he had an implant ,our dentist lets us split the bill up into 3 payments on our credit card over 3 months.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

  4. #109
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1,188
    Likes Received
    3323
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    That was like someone told me their local store (I cannot remember which store but it was a Loblaw's Banner Store), if you point out something is close to expiry and ask if it can be marked down they tell you they cannot sell it. But they have been in-line and seen someone refused but then after they leave the cashier calls the department and tells them to put a sticker on it and put it back on the floor.
    I've been lucky at my local Walmart. Bakery goods are usually discounted by 25% at opening, 1300H, and one final time at 1600H. I can usually ask the bakery staff to get the third discount early, any time after 1300H. Of course, it depends on the worker, but I have learned who can be asked and who cannot. I think it just pays to be polite, friendly, and courteous, at all times.

    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Heck, I had the manager at one store tell me the sale Price did not apply to the Ground Pork I was buying because it had a 30% off sticker which tells them the product was in the store before the sale started and therefore the sale price does not apply. After asking a few questions "Outside of the meat department, how does the store track which products were on the floor before the sale started?" "Those apples that are for sale how do I make sure I am getting ones that are on sale and not old stock?" He took my packages of meat and marked them down to the sale price.
    Holy cow. That tale is one for the ages. Maybe we should start a thread about the most outrageous excuses heard. It could be entitled, "Whoppers aren't just found at Burger King", or "Lies my local grocer told me." Very good job in counter-reasoning and persistence, on your part.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

  5. #110
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1,188
    Likes Received
    3323
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Rescued 3x boxes of cake mix dated 2010 and 2017. I'm sure they'll be just fine.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

  6. #111
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    22,017
    Likes Received
    55150
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)




    Morning slept like a baby last night 9 til 4 a.m then back to sleep til 9.30 a.m.

    My dear son just called and asked it i needed anything at costco as he was there "mom i know you wanted to come but we really needed some stuff".He is off to get his girls flowers all 3 of them.So i told him one over the counter item in pharmacy which will save me a bit of money .

    There is always another time i will go with him ,today just taking it easy staying in my pjs.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

  7. #112
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    12,488
    Likes Received
    54169
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)




    Good Morning! Happy V Day!
    The sun is shining so looks like a good day to bundle up and go for a walk. Feeling very cold this past week! I also sat in cold arenas so that could be why too.

    Looked over the upcoming flyers. Not too much that has caught my eye. Been picking up stuff for DS for the 10 days he is home alone. Bought his fav cereal/crackers etc (hiding it till then) I will buy the buttermilk chicken strips etc the night before and pop in the freezer. Will stock him up on eggs/bread etc too.
    He will survive

    ok I need to go dig through some work boxes/filing to find something. And shred a box while I'm at it Slowly getting that off my list!

    Have a great day!

  8. #113
    Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    10,126
    Likes Received
    42891
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)




    Good Morning Everyone,
    Ugh, I woke up at 3:30 this morning and could not fall back asleep until my alarm went off, but still forced myself to get up at 6, my morning routine will come back. Although it did take me until 7 am to start work which is fine.

    Again, working on the mindset that I do not have to get up and immediately start working, it is not expected of me but I used to do it to stockpile work. My old boss left over 5 years ago but still, I am always worried someone is going to ask me to breakdown my day and think I am not getting enough done.

    I am having one of those weeks were I need to be hyper focused on knocking some stuff out but it is a struggle. It feels like the more I know I need to focus the more my mind goes, nope, I am not feeling it. Not to mention just things happening again this morning just as I started my day the oddities of the day rolled in. But I will say I am not bored, LOL, so many oddities this week but it is what keeps me on my toes.

    When I need a break I look at one flyer and start making our list for next week. Not going to lie my original list is never the final list. So far I am not seeing a lot so far but I always start with the stores I am least likely to shop at.

    A smaller shopping week would not be bad, I know Mom keeps saying there is more stuff she needs but she has yet to provide a list which I have asked for a few times. I think RCSS has the riding carts so maybe I will see if she wants to go shopping next week to get her out of the house for something other than an appointment.

    HAppy Wednesday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

    https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

  9. #114
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    42,614
    Likes Received
    74432
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    ugh! The sales in the new flyers at most of the stores are not that encouraging. So it will be cook from the stockpile here again. @coupon girl I really get the dentist costs. You were smart to save up some before that tooth of yours cracked. Implants are a
    whole nuther level of expense.

    This morning I really only went out to say I exercised. I was returning a walker to amazon ( not the right fit ) and after dropping
    it at the Purolater outlet I headed to nearby NF. As I was getting the shopping cart I discovered a ladies zippered black wallet in
    the front end.
    I have no cell as most of you know so could not phone the owner if I managed to find a phone number in the wallet. I just didn't
    feel comfortable leaving it with the staff at the store. Found the owner's address inside, was not too far from the store so I finished
    my shopping, then made my way over to her house.
    I was greeted at the door by a young woman with a tear streaked face, obviously she'd been crying since knowing she had left her
    wallet in the cart. Poor thing, she made me cry!

    Imagine if I had decided not to go out today? She might have had her wallet picked up by an unkind opportunist. So yeah, this
    morning I felt a bit like a hero! ha ha




    babies teach us acceptance

  10. #115
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    22,017
    Likes Received
    55150
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)




    Ahhh walkonby so nice of you ,i would have done the same thing too dropped it off at her house .

    A few weeks back i found a prescription in a buggy at shoppers and turned it in hey it cost someone $40.00 so why not help out .
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

  11. #116
    Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    10,126
    Likes Received
    42891
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)




    @walkonby , so nice of you to hand deliver it back to the person.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

    https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

  12. #117
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1,188
    Likes Received
    3323
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I think RCSS has the riding carts so maybe I will see if she wants to go shopping next week to get her out of the house for something other than an appointment.
    I've been noticing more how many older folks are being taken out to places like the supermarket, by their sons and daughters. They shuffle along using walkers or ride wheelchairs/carts and point with their canes at items they want. Up and down the aisles they go. It's a chore, but I think it is great that their kids and grandkids care enough to take them out to be part of the family. Making memories, even if they are only chores, will be remembered.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

  13. #118
    Smart Canuck Ciel21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ancaster ON
    Posts
    4,468
    Likes Received
    7529
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Rescued 3x boxes of cake mix dated 2010 and 2017. I'm sure they'll be just fine.
    You can try mixing them with club soda or pop and some berries. Some kind of quick cake recipe I learned about a few years ago-try online.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

  14. #119
    Smart Canuck Ciel21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ancaster ON
    Posts
    4,468
    Likes Received
    7529
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Reminder that Monday is a holiday in most places and provinces-Don't expect grocery stores to be open or libraries unless they are part of Family Day activities or tourist areas.

    Ontario, get ready to show snow tomorrow!!! I'll do a quick walk/shop tonight and keep to home for days until Wed unless forecast improves for Tuesday. Keep warm and that tea kettle going...
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

  15. #120
    Mastermind Shwa Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    24,169
    Likes Received
    40658
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ugh! The sales in the new flyers at most of the stores are not that encouraging. So it will be cook from the stockpile here again. @coupon girl I really get the dentist costs. You were smart to save up some before that tooth of yours cracked. Implants are a
    whole nuther level of expense.

    This morning I really only went out to say I exercised. I was returning a walker to amazon ( not the right fit ) and after dropping
    it at the Purolater outlet I headed to nearby NF. As I was getting the shopping cart I discovered a ladies zippered black wallet in
    the front end.
    I have no cell as most of you know so could not phone the owner if I managed to find a phone number in the wallet. I just didn't
    feel comfortable leaving it with the staff at the store. Found the owner's address inside, was not too far from the store so I finished
    my shopping, then made my way over to her house.
    I was greeted at the door by a young woman with a tear streaked face, obviously she'd been crying since knowing she had left her
    wallet in the cart. Poor thing, she made me cry!

    Imagine if I had decided not to go out today? She might have had her wallet picked up by an unkind opportunist. So yeah, this
    morning I felt a bit like a hero! ha ha
    Awesome!
    This is Random Acts of Kindness week.
    Today is Valentine's Day.
    You validated both 'holidays', hero.
    Awesome!
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Wed, Feb 14th, 2024 at 05:06 PM.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •