User Tag List

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: 2024 February Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I will take a look to see if I have that Amazon offer. I am currently loving AM but I rarely shop on Amazon so that offer would never catch my eye.
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@walkonby as for the Airmiles offer I don’t think you can used both . I have them both but only took advantage of the 100 AM . I don’t usually shop through Airmiles shop. I had to chase the AM shop from STB purchase.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@flemeth these 2 offers were from different sources. The one was an exclusive BMO cc offer through airmilesshops and the other was the better one of " buy anything " through airmilesshops.
    I'll just check to see if the miles get added. No big deal as I was getting those items anyway.
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! House is quiet but I needed to get up. Made coffee and egg on an English muffin.
    Meeting my friend around the lunch hour at a local coffee shop to plan our road trip in NY in June.
    The plan is to hike a few waterfalls and do some shopping I did some research and I am suggesting we camp at one of the state parks the first 2 nights and then hotel the next 2-3-4 nights depending on our plan!
    We are planners. Partners not so much and homebodies. They are always welcome. We decided years ago that we were not going to just sit at home because of them and are very fortunate to have the same interests. (Friendship 34 years and counting!)

Weather is windy/snowy and cold here today. Perfect for planning/dreaming of sunny roadtrips

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Well yesterday did not go as planned, I went out and said I was only going to shovel the steps and would do the cars today since it was supposed to be warmer. Yeah, I decided since I was out there and all bundled up I would take the shovel and push off some of the snow. Not sure what I did as the snow wasn't heavy and I did my little scoops but I have aggravated my old back injury.

As soon as I came in, I knew. I could feel it. I do not know why but my first thought was I better take a shower now, so I showered and put on some Voltaren.

Kept dinner pretty simple because I wasn't sure how much standing I could do, so we had Chicken Burgers (baked Chicken breast on a bun) and I have never been so happy to find a part bag of fries in the freezer. I was going to make homemade potato wedges but I did not have that much standing in me.

It is still sore today but I know I have to move as walking overtime will help so I am slowly working on stuff around the house but making sure not to push too hard.

The bag of milk I took out yesterday was not good, I think it has either been in the freezer too long or I know there was one bag I put in there that I think the Milk was off when I bought it. But I have some from a different batch (different brand, love that Natrel uses blue bags so I know this is different from the one I took out yesterday). Hoping this one is good.

I was tempted to just go to the store this morning but not sure cleaning off the car is a good idea plus the snow and wind, no thank you, not today.

Slowly getting things done in the kitchen and will go from there.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    harbie, coupon girl and walkonby like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I received that Offer too and read that a purchase must be for a product in one of the included categories listed !
    There is a "Please Note" -- "Included categories have changed as of February 1, 2024."
    Last edited by ClipClap; Sun, Feb 18th, 2024 at 06:40 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I took it slow and I took breaks and got a few things done today.

Homemade Snack Mix has been made. I cut the recipe in half as normally I make it at Christmas and split it up. I felt like 10+ cups of Snack Mix was too much.

I chopped all of the veggies for Dinner, we had Eggroll in a Bowl to use up a Napa I had in the fridge. This way if my back was really hurting at dinner time I could get dinner on the table.

Made a batch of Peanut Blossom Bars for Dessert.

Although my day was kind of summed up when I realized I had all of the veggies for Dinner but it was 3:30 and I had forgotten to take out the ground pork.

Only cleaning I got done today was the kitchen, but it is clean and ready for tomorrow just need to turn on the dishwasher when Mom is done her after dinner tea. Will empty it in the morning.

The back/hip is feeling okay, little things still bother it, not overly found of stairs but it is loosing up so I have high hopes for tomorrow.
    harbie, coupon girl and walkonby like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Aloha-in Hawaii for the week(bought a package from Costco). Food prices are of course stratospheric-$8 per gallon for milk, $5.49 per dozen eggs and $1.29 per lb for bananas( but given the corner store sells them for .99 each I figure they are a bargain). I noticed they are all the way from Ecuador yet I am sure they could grow them right here! Just enjoyed a lunch order of fish and chips and coleslaw-when the lady asked me if I wanted 3 or 4 pieces of fish for lunch I knew the servings would be huge. Definitely no supper needed here.
    Skippy, harbie, Purdee and 5 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ClipClap View Post

I received that Offer too and read that a purchase must be for a product in one of the included categories listed !
    There is a "Please Note" -- "Included categories have changed as of February 1, 2024."
    Yes @ClipClap I've gotten that notice popping up since early Feb with the list of approved categories.

Included categories*:

Amazon Cloud Cam
    Automotive
    Business & Industrial Supplies
    Camera, Photo & Video
    Clothing & Accessories
    Echo Devices
    Eero Devices
    Element Smart TV
    Fire TV Devices
    Handmade
    Jewelry
    Kindle E-readers
    Kindle E-readers
    Kitchen & Dining
    Luggage
    Luxury Beauty
    Major Appliances
    Musical Instruments
    Office & School Supplies (Exclude Computers, Computer Accessories, Home Theater Projectors, Laptops, Tablets)
    Outdoor Recreation
    Pet Food & Supplies
    Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras
    Shoes, Handbags & Accessories
    Software
    Tires & Wheels

I just try to make sure that whatever I order falls within their categories. Just another way to screw us over I guess? Especially the part where it can change anytime without notice....lol
    At least pet food and supplies is there, the ones I am unsure of is the Luxury Beauty and the Accessories category included with handbags and shoes one? Wonder what items they consider to be Luxury? and what Accessories are in the handbag and shoes section?
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Feb 19th, 2024 at 01:24 AM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Not quite the morning I had planned. When I went to bed last night I was feeling good, I did not expect to be 100% today but based on how I was I thought today would be a good day. Nope, I could barely get out of bed when I woke up at 5:30 this morning. I went back to bed and slept till 8:30 am it is better, but just kind of constant ache. So I am moving around trying to loosen things up but being careful.

We did get more snow last night so I need to shovel again but thinking I will put it off until tomorrow.

I will also need to go to the Store tomorrow as the second bag of milk also split, they must have been in the freezer too long. I am not going to stop storing Milk in the freezer but I need to be more aware of how long it has been in the freezer and rotating it even if it means putting the new Milk in the freezer and using the frozen milk.

This moment right here reminds that I need to make sure we stay on top of things like Milk in the freezer. The last time this happened Mom was able to be my driver but now for her to drive me, I have to dig out her car for her, bring her the car and when we get home park the car, which is fine and is what it is, I know her limitations. But because of her mobility I have to do the same to take myself. So I need to make sure we have these things on hand so if we are in this situation we are not without essentials.

Need to figure out dinner for tonight, thinking maybe some sort of pasta. We will see.

Happy Monday Everyone.
    Skippy, harbie and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Stayed in bed till after 10 am today! Guess I needed it. Woke up in the middle of the night and made the mistake of going on my phone and went down the rabbit hole of laugh out loud videos!

We went out for a birthday dinner last night. Offered to help with the driveway when we got home but DS said he would go out and do it later and he did!
    Didn't snow after he shoveled so we don't have to deal with that today.

I haven't been to RCSS for awhile so thinking I will grab a coffee and go for a stroll up and down each aisle and see how crazy the prices are there.

Will take the pup for a hike this afternoon at a local hike trail. He will love it with all the fresh snow!

Have a nice day!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Happy Family Day everyone!

It's cold but sunny here so Dh and I already did one walk this morning at 7am.

We're just going to take it easy today as like SassyAshley I too tweaked my back except it’s been ongoing since the beginning of the month .

Dh and I are going to the feed store to get my duckie food. We go o a couple of ponds on a trail here and I feed my babies. Yes, I’m that old! . Actually it’s so calming and peaceful and that’s what I need more of in my life now.

Planning on a light strength session and a small amount of laundry. We’re good for groceries except Nextmilk but I can wait a few days.

We had our annual meeting with our financial advisor and we’re super happy with how things are going. Also we’re on week 3 or 4 of ZERO takeout which includes even a small McDonald’s coffee. We’re just trying new things to challenge ourselves and see how disciplined we can be. It’s always good to test how tough you can be if things were to change.

Have a great day everyone. Off to stretch my old back again……

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie, I hope you feel better soon.

I have started to budget for take-out to give us that wiggle room if we need it, plus this way I don't feel so guilty about it. But we go in cycles January was a high-spend month for us (although we were still under budget) we had a lot of last-minute appointments that led to grabbing food on the go. That was the first 2 weeks of January and since we have had no take-out. It is such a temptation and even a reward but it also feels so good when you don't, is that weird???

Now, when we do not spend our take-out budget I add it to my Stock-Up budget which is basically my Costco shopping trips. My stock-up at local stores I usually add to my grocery budget. I love our take-out budget but I know it goes so much further in my Stock-Up budget.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Mon, Feb 19th, 2024 at 12:29 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Also we’re on week 3 or 4 of ZERO takeout which includes even a small McDonald’s coffee. We’re just trying new things to challenge ourselves and see how disciplined we can be. It’s always good to test how tough you can be if things were to change.
    Someone once told me that it takes 21 days to acquire a new habit. If you can endure a new task for that period, it will be yours (supposedly.) Congratulations.
    Skippy, harbie and barbis9 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon happy family day .

Did 2 loads of laundry ,chatted with my daughter (she likes to talk when she doesnt have sebastian).Then my ex-sister-in-law called she has a lot going on with elderly parents ,so i am here to listen .

Took my dear moms pothos and replanted it in new soil ,new pot, tossed all the leggy vines but took clipping to propigate.Now it looks wonderfull,fresh and new .
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information