Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: 2024 February Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    good luck on your list of errands @Frugalbigmama
    @SassyAshley I had a peek at the flyers and for veg I see broccoli at WM for 94 cents each, asparagus at FB for $1.88 each, at GT there is celery, 5 oz. clamshell of baby spinach and heads of iceberg all for $1.97 each, strawberries at NF for $1.87.
    I know you get really good deals at Costco so not sure if you'd go for any of these stores sales.

The sun was out early this morning making my trip to the gas station a little more pleasant, so what did I go and do? Reloaded my Shell Flex pass car wash card, 5 car washes
    ( good for 1 full year ). I earned 85 AM on that purchase, then decided to wait in line to get the first one . Vehicle is all all clean and glistening now. THAT was all I did outside....ha ha . I mean we need next to nothing for groceries. Made a batch of date squares for DH before 7 a.m. He mentioned if I go out, look for some. Yuck! Store bought ones never measure up. He'll enjoy these way more.
    Thank-you! I will add get gas to the list lol. I need to do a $40 fill up to receive 5000 pc pts by Feb 28th so I should do that today and get the points
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Good day my friends! I was reading with interest @harbie and @SassyAshley take on take out which for us is pretty non existent(except coffee which doesn't count imo).One of those rotisserie chickens is about it but with our own sides not that overpriced stuff! or maybe a burger when coupons are out! Even then it's not cheap!
    I always have and probably always will prefer my own cooking without the hassle of going somewhere and then paying a tip on top!
    Lately the flyer pickings have been slim along with those PC offers so I am thankful that when something is on sale as I will get an extra one or two which helps in times like these.
    With all this talk on food I should start getting dinner in gear. Blessings to you and those you love!
    @Skippy my house is not one for take out since before Covid . I preferred to eat a home cooked meal which my DH like to do and we are more seafood and veggies kind of people . We would only have take out if we are on a road trip. My DDs are vegetarian who only eat eggs and the also preferred homemade meals and the younger is a very picky eater from birth.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well yesterday I picked up my seniors bus pass in Honolulu. It is $1.25 per ride with a daily cap of $3.00-definitely my best vacation bargain. Had lunch with a friend yesterday-30 floors up overlooking the ocean which was pretty darn nice. Today I am going whale watching and if we don't see any I get to go back for free-gotta love that.
    Yesterday my friend had received some leftover groceries from some friends who were heading back to the mainland. So I have free cereal, bananas, cream cheese, bagels and chips-can't beat free food.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Wed, Feb 21st, 2024 at 12:30 PM.
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Popped out to RCSS to grab romaine. Took a walk around the store and found the Lean beef on sale this week has 30% off stickers on it. Glad I didn't buy one the other day. So grabbed 2 today
    harbie, SassyAshley and HermanH like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i went over to sons at 8.30 to help with painting his inside of his house today was the living room .So i was in charge of the white trim everything was fine til about 11.30 a.m .So the guys had 2 sheets on the stairs after doing the upstairs wall,i went to remove the one sheet ,misjudged the steps and fell down 3 bottom steps -honestly i fell a few months ago .

So a bruised right shoulder ,my wrist was a bit sore and outside of my bottom .My son ran and yelled mom and picked me up (gee i just love him ).I didnt want to drive home as hubby would be having son drive him back .So i had a bath there as the guys worked -son asked me if i wanted to just relax .He gave me a THC bath bomb-which relaxes the body .lol

Then i just stayed in ashlyn's room and rested til we left at 1.55 p.m

I am having a friend come and visit on thursday so just chilling maybe we will go to timmies for lunch thats it .

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@coupon girl you sure know how to get get some relaxing tub time! Just kidding, you're poor bruised up body. I hope that rest did you the world of good. Most times the pain doesn't really hit till the day after a fall. Brace yourself. Your DS was probably so darn worried when he heard that fall. Take care.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , hope you feel better soon and recover quickly.
    Skippy, harbie and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thank you walkonby and Sassy ,my friend is not coming on thursday as her water heater broke .So maybe 2 days of rest will do me good .

I am ready for bed now or at least rest in bed.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

You know what I love? We had to move our cars for a snow clear out and I will be honest a number of my neighbours did not move their cars this time. But the ones I love are the ones who don't move their snow covered car but after they are done clearing the snow and leave, they come out clean off their car and move it to a clear spot leaving someone who did move their car to now park in the snow. If you don't move your car own it and leave your car in the snow, just saying.

Today did not go as planned but I rolled with it and am still happy.

When I was done training I did consider going to Costco after work as they pushed back the rain but I do not know what happened this afternoon, nothing big happened but I felt like I was just all over the place and the afternoon got away from me. So no Costco but I did take a break to tackle a few things.

I cleaned out the fridge, there was some food waste. I grabbed some avocados, only I eat them and only if they are made into Guacamole, do not know what it was this time but on my gosh the heartburn when I ate it, so needless to say I did not finish it and threw it out. As well there were some partially eaten leftovers that went. Then I took out the Kitchen Garbage.

When I went downstairs to grab stuff for dinner, I grabbed the basement garbage plus added the two more old bags of milk from the freezer. Grabbed Mom's garbage as well and took those out. There is something about taking garbage out, it just feels good.

I had to tidy the kitchen I do not know what we did but when I went to cook dinner it was a mess so as I made Dinner I cleaned the kitchen.

Dinner was BBQ Chicken Tenders with Roasted Potatoes and Broccoli.

The kitchen is now clean, just need to run the dishwasher once Mom is done her tea.

That is it, I am done for the day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Woke up at 3:30 and could not get back to sleep so just before 5 I got up and started my day. Me, a cup of tea, my blanket and my laptop got to work on a manual I need to write. It was nice.

There are some deals I want to pick up, hoping I can price match most of it at No Frills and just go to one store. I do not feel like running around to various stores today but we will see.

Still need to make it to Costco, UGH, I do not know why but it feels like such a huge task. Will see how I feel after work today.

Happy Thursday or Friday Eve.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Another sunny start to the day and starting to see grass patches in the yard so once again the snow is melting!

I am pretty on top of things for work so will deal with one thing this morning and then be ready for what comes my way. Will get things ready for next week to make my last 9 days before vacation run smoothly!

Looks like I will return my sister's pup to them tomorrow. The flooring should be finished today. (They are making their kitchen bigger/moving walls so the entire main floor was being redone). We are going to miss the little guy but I know we will have him again. It has been good for our old girl to have him around.

Enjoy the day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today is a rest day ,bruises on both parts of my body .It was hard sleeping on the one side last night,woke up at 6.00 a.m .Hubby is off to help son with the kitchen .
    I really havent gone grocery shopping as i cant eat anything hard yet.

Had oatmeal this morning with my tea.I may be missing seniors day today ahh say la vie there is always next week.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Yikes! @coupon girl . Those kind of falls are tricky because you think it’s not too bad but oh boy the bruises and soft tissue injuries are the worst! Hopefully you’re able to rest and it gets better soon.

Another cold rainy day here ( surprise surprise).

Today is a going to be a chill kinda day since yesterday was my BRUTAL day at work and I’m feeling it. Guess that’s what I get for having a highly physical job.

Just doing so light laundry and possibly getting in a walk outside if the rain holds off for a bit. Gotta feed my crows. Yes I feed them so they love me and don’t dive bomb me during baby season. It’s cute as they come out as soon as I it the trial and they follow me like little dogs. Man they are smart!

Nothing exciting in the flyers once again but I will grab some Not Burgers with my coupons (I think they’re still valid). I did grab 2 of these “butter chickun” meatballs in a the freezer section at Safeway on clearance for $3. The sauce is definitely not as good as mine but actually not bad. Dh loved it so I’m going to grab the rest of them and then Dh has a quick lunch or even dinner.

Hoping everyone has a great day

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @sweet sparrow and @Skippy you 2 have incredible willpower OR rather great frugal minds to avoid eating take out food.
    Even though many of our restaurant fare has been paid using our GC's or DS offers us a treat by paying the entire bill, we should stop.
    The caloric price paid is immense.
    That being said, today in the mail was a huge flyer with a whack of coupons for Wendy's. From what I can see it's about $8.00- $9.00 for
    a single combo meal OR $16.00-$17.00 for 2 to dine. Is that value? ha ha
    DH and DS are more the burger fans, but I'll bet these coupons will not tempt them at all.
    If I have a gift card or someone else is footing the bill count me in! Bonus points if leftovers!!!
    That said,I would not want it everyday as I like the stuff I cook.Us roos are creatures of habit!
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Hubby and i went over to sons at 8.30 to help with painting his inside of his house today was the living room .So i was in charge of the white trim everything was fine til about 11.30 a.m .So the guys had 2 sheets on the stairs after doing the upstairs wall,i went to remove the one sheet ,misjudged the steps and fell down 3 bottom steps -honestly i fell a few months ago .

So a bruised right shoulder ,my wrist was a bit sore and outside of my bottom .My son ran and yelled mom and picked me up (gee i just love him ).I didnt want to drive home as hubby would be having son drive him back .So i had a bath there as the guys worked -son asked me if i wanted to just relax .He gave me a THC bath bomb-which relaxes the body .lol

Then i just stayed in ashlyn's room and rested til we left at 1.55 p.m

I am having a friend come and visit on thursday so just chilling maybe we will go to timmies for lunch thats it .
    @coupongirl Sorry to read of your mishap,thankful it wasn't worse,praying for your recovery!
    Last edited by Skippy; Thu, Feb 22nd, 2024 at 06:03 PM. Reason: getting old...
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information