User Tag List

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Have you ever suffered from depression?

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i still take pills for it been a battel for years i also have some anxiety issues its hard some days but i manage

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    I have a doctor, but i'm unable to get to her because she moved offices far away. I was supposed to be transferred to another doctor but they haven't done so yet.
    this may sound like the worst advise but if not on pills at least try a walk in if you cand find a doc a walk in may be a good thing my personal doc has been one at a walk in forever now also your almost 18 you could always rent a room somonewhere maby find some roomies? there are tons of support groups out there if you fear being monitored use the computers at school

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    My weight gain has been making me depressed again. Its caused by my meds and despite my best attempts, its causing me to gain weight heavily. Ive just started a new workout regiment but its still making me upset. And to add to that, one of my frogs died.
    effexor (spelling) works for me, im overweight cuz I eat to self medicate but the pills do actauly work and if anything they are supposto make u losse wight cuz they dont make u hungry just too bad that i have a food adiction

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This post isnt neccessarily just about depression but some years ago when I was in high school, I was a mess. Depression and struggles with anxiety disorder and my learnign disability that I hadnt learned to cope with yet, were holding me down in a bad place. My teachers and a lot of other people were doubting that I would graduate with everyone else. But now 5 years after my senior year of high school, Im about to graduate university. I am proud to say I proved everyone wrong.
    lotus, Skippy, abbasgirl and 5 others like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Good job! Dealing & learning to live with it, gives you great results!
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    This post isnt neccessarily just about depression but some years ago when I was in high school, I was a mess. Depression and struggles with anxiety disorder and my learnign disability that I hadnt learned to cope with yet, were holding me down in a bad place. My teachers and a lot of other people were doubting that I would graduate with everyone else. But now 5 years after my senior year of high school, Im about to graduate university. I am proud to say I proved everyone wrong.
    What an inspirational post! You do have very much to be proud of my friend.
    Momof3girlies likes this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

I also friggin hated her in that commercial too. I mean... NOT REALITY at all formost people.... grrrr Glad I wasn't alone in think this, thought it was just me

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Well, my hubby can't understand why I'm so ticked off at the latest mental health commercial featuring Clara Hughes (former Olympic somethingorother)....all smiles and giggles, yes she DID "suffer" from depression "for two years" (poor dear), but is just so peachy keen now, and...and...what, Clara? WE can be, too? Or are you so giddy because you're NOT ONE OF US anymore?!!!

I'd much rather have seen a real spokesperson who can say, "Yes, I suffer from depression...and although my medications do help, I still have some pretty rotten, crummy days...but I'm still here and I can still live a good life with the help I'm receiving." Not: I was...now I'm NOT...so phhhhttt to YOU!!

Can anyone else relate? Grrr..makes me so mad....

..on a side-note...I was seeing a psychiatrist in my teens for night-terrors, and he finally diagnosed me as "a spoiled teenager"...so I stood up and said, "Have a nice life, but you won't be seeing ME again."
    A couple of years later he killed himself, lol.....so what are they worth, really? I hope everyone finds the right someone in the profession to talk to, but really.....be careful.....I still laugh at the insanity of it all re my shrink..........

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I was in hospital again of course related to depression and my pills they were just not working but now since I been out April 2nd I have felt better probably the best I have felt in a long time. Only worry now is my shoulder back to one good arm working it might make me fall back down into a dark and desolute place. At least this time it seems the dosage I am on with zoloft seems to be working I take 100mg in the morning and 125mgs at night. I don't know if I have lost weight one of my pills makes me gain because I crave sugar and salt while on it and before the hospital admission I had gained 30lbs in 3 weeks from it. But fingers crossed I didn't gain anymore weight instead I lost some instead.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got some more news regarding my great uncle Volf. The doctors say he doesnt have pneumonia, but in fact has lung cancer. Im very upset right now.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

First off I am sorry to hear about your uncle. But if caught early the chance of surviving cancer now is alot better than what it was many years ago. I know it is hard to hear the news, but you need to be there for him and support him. I am sure he is scared and upset just like you. and if the two of you support each other the both of you can get through it together. I to also suffer from anxiety. I also had a learn disability in school through out my life. I understand where your coming from. People making fun of you, teachers who don't understand, it can be very depressing. But I to like you, graduated high school with top marks and graduated college. Now I have a great career and a great life. Be proud of everything you have done and what you have accomplished.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

First off I am sorry to hear about your uncle. But if caught early the chance of surviving cancer now is alot better than what it was many years ago. I know it is hard to hear the news, but you need to be there for him and support him. I am sure he is scared and upset just like you. and if the two of you support each other the both of you can get through it together. I to also suffer from anxiety. I also had a learning disability in school through out my life. I understand where your coming from. People making fun of you, teachers who don't understand, it can be very depressing. But I to like you, graduated high school with top marks and graduated college. Now I have a great career and a great life. Be proud of everything you have done and what you have accomplished.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    First off I am sorry to hear about your uncle. But if caught early the chance of surviving cancer now is alot better than what it was many years ago. I know it is hard to hear the news, but you need to be there for him and support him. I am sure he is scared and upset just like you. and if the two of you support each other the both of you can get through it together. I to also suffer from anxiety. I also had a learn disability in school through out my life. I understand where your coming from. People making fun of you, teachers who don't understand, it can be very depressing. But I to like you, graduated high school with top marks and graduated college. Now I have a great career and a great life. Be proud of everything you have done and what you have accomplished.
    Unfortunatley my uncle is too old for chemo or surgery. Its sad but its now just a matter of time.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Sorry to hear gryphon, Spend as much time as you can with him and keep him company and try to make him smile and make him happy for as long as you can. Make every day a great day for him.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

sorry to hear about your uncle. I have lived most of my life through bouts of depression, some days are better than others and some days are worse than others, I personally have to take my meds everyday or things go from bad to worse like the flick of a light. Thanks and good luck! I wouldn't wish depression on my worst enemy (don't have any but you get the point).
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This last week hasnt been easy for me.

My great-uncle died last sunday, a cousin on my father's side died as well, and someone my family has known for a while also died. The shiva week couldnt be completed properly due to the holiday of shavuot which caused the shiva to end prematurely. The on top of that, I came down with a bad cold and an ear infection last week that got really bad over the weekend and I wasnt abkle to go to synagogue on shavuot and in fact I couldnt even leave my house for three days, and cabin fever truly set in. I began pacing and couldnt stop thinking. I tired to read my fvaourite book but it completely fell apart, pages torn out and I now need to buy a new copy. Whne the holiday ended and I could use the net again, it felt like an escape from prison almost.

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information