User Tag List

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Have you ever suffered from depression?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Please note this site is sponsored by a drug company and I have no connection whatsoever to it,nor the contents of the site.

http://www.depressionhurts.ca/
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Speaking from personal experience, your drugs won't help unless you remember to take them! -sigh!....
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Speaking from personal experience, your drugs won't help unless you remember to take them! -sigh!....
    Well said!! I hardly ever remember, but thanks for the reminder today...
    "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That's what we're here for, to help one another.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One of my cousin is in depression for about one year and she is now in medical treatment. She is taking medicine on regular basis and is quite well now.
    Himani Boroplus

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    It's very easy to get pets to help you remember. Keep a treat jar beside your meds. Whenever you have to take a pill, the critter gets a treat. Within a few days (a week tops!), someone will be pestering you to take em. & heaven help you if you don't (speaking from personal experience here, the cat is actually better at reminding me than the dog).

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good advice, Andit!
    "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Well I was just diagonsied with depression this week, I know I hate the way I am feeling. I'm not my self just every little thing makes me cry. I was at the mall the other day with my friend and just sat there in the food court crying for no reason. The dr put me on antidepresant and sleeping pills. I know I have my best friend to talk to when I need her but what is really uspetting me more is that my bf don't understand whats going on and he just don't want to be around me right now and that hurts. I just cry for no reason and my kids see it and I never cry around my kids. I really hate this feeling and I just don't know what to do.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaelmo View Post
    Well I was just diagonsied with depression this week, I know I hate the way I am feeling. I'm not my self just every little thing makes me cry. I was at the mall the other day with my friend and just sat there in the food court crying for no reason. The dr put me on antidepresant and sleeping pills. I know I have my best friend to talk to when I need her but what is really uspetting me more is that my bf don't understand whats going on and he just don't want to be around me right now and that hurts. I just cry for no reason and my kids see it and I never cry around my kids. I really hate this feeling and I just don't know what to do.
    Give time for the meds.to kick in, and take it one day,sometimes hour at a time.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

First thing is don't blame yourself. It's an illness, no different than if you were diagnosed with diabetes.

Second, it takes time for the meds to kick in or even to find the right combination of meds that work. Don't give up, you will find something that will make you feel better, even if it takes time.

I have a couple of friends who deal with depression & what works best for them is routine & exercise. If you can get yourself into a regular routine it will help, you might even have to plan out your day hour by hour for a while. As for exercise, even if you can march in the same spot while cooking dinner, it will help.

Your bf is probably just frightened & frustrated that he can't fix this. Give him time & he'll come around.

There are lots of folks here on SC who understand & are here for you. If you ever need someone to talk to or vent to, feel free to PM me. Just hang in there. & most importantly *don't blame yourself*.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaelmo View Post

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jenny2 View Post
    One of my cousin is in depression for about one year and she is now in medical treatment. She is taking medicine on regular basis and is quite well now.
    good to hear

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today I just started feeling really down since I came home from university and don't know why. I havent eaten anything and my mom has commented on it.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Maybe if you eat you'll feel better.
    Life usually seems better to me on a full stomach.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Today I just started feeling really down since I came home from university and don't know why. I havent eaten anything and my mom has commented on it.
    Not eating can make things worse. Try a granola bar or some yogurt or even crackers & cheese for a quick snack. Might make you feel better.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ive since gotten better and have eaten some stuff.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information