User Tag List

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Have you ever suffered from depression?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    its weird but sometimes the strangest things prove to be therapuetic to me. i was digging up weeds from my lawn and i felt more relaxed and at peace as i did it
    Sometimes the simplest things are better than anything else.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    judging from my experience, they exist
    Gryphon is indeed correct, unfortunately you need to find one first.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

latley with everything that has been going on in my life, ive been having bouts that can get really bad. i just feel like im still a mess
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Gryphon its extremely hard loosing a loved one allow yourself time to grieve. My mom passed away 2 years ago and I thought I finally had a grip on things then my dd said some little something yesterday which opened up the tears again and I had a few terrible hours but today I am doing ok again. Be patient with yourself things will slowly get back to your normal. Trying to rush through this time will just delay it so continue on taking one day at a time. I hope your days start getting easier.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I posted earlier but wanted to post again.

I finally feel like my life is coming together after suffering for years with depression.

But everytime I have a day that is a little hard I am terrified that it will mean I will have to go back to the Dr and start another drug regime to figure out what will make me feel not crazy this time.

Luckily I have just had a few hard days. I don't take me mental well being for granted though.

Hope you hit your groove soon and have some easy days, a lot of easy days.
    Keep it carbed......

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Gryphon I hope your day is better than it was, when you last posted on this thread. Sometimes just getting through one day can be a battle.
    Try not to be too hard on yourself, as often we are our own worst critic.
    Feel free to continue to vent, you're not alone.

lovin' the savings!
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

nj
    Last edited by KouponKlipper; Mon, Apr 4th, 2011 at 11:55 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KouponKlipper View Post
    i totally wish i had seen this thread earlier! i took some meds for depression, a light dose of citalopram,i believe the brand name is celexa. anyways, my dr is useless, he just looked at me like i was lying when i said i was just feeling really down in the dumps. he referred me to an "in-house" therapist, whom i saw once a week for about 2 months...i didn't feel comfortable telling her my feelings, therefore our sessions were pointless. i no longer take meds, however there are days i feel as though i need them...its hard to distinguish whether you are just feeling blue, or have a serious problem. things sometimes can set me off quite easily, and then it ruins my whole day..i just can't let it go. i was always getting into arguments over stupid stuff with a close friend, and i just get quiet..cus whatever happened irked me so much and i can't jsut let it roll off my back! i have had stress in my life, with a sick parent and then their death about a 1 1/2 yr ago..i think all that stress and not dealing with "it" is catching up with me now. i get anxious..so anxious about doin anything new..i'm afraid about making mistakes, and then people judging me..this has caused me to lose out on alot of activities and things! sorry to ramble on, i just was on a roll....and its easier to discuss these things to people who have similar stories...
    There is no shame in taking medication and/or therapy.
    If your Doctor is useless you may wish to contact a local mental health association.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

So true Skippy. There's a time for therapy and/or medication. But it's important to have a very good physician that you talk to and who really listens

I felt like a failure when I took medication (which is ridiculous now to me but there's a lot of stigma and misunderstanding about mental illness and it's all around us).

And part of it stems from feeling blue for a bit vs being depressed.

I often think I wish I had a "visible illness" ... broken ankle, people would understand a bit better that certain things are challenging. "Invisible" illnesses are challenging.

Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

once more i am finding myself having bouts where i am seriously down and they scare me
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sorry to hear you are going through this again. Perhaps the change in weather makes a difference?.
    Maybe you need to go back to the Dr.and adjust/switch meds.
    May you know much grace and peace.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Gryphon - sorry to hear that you're having some down times. I wish that getting better was a steady even progression but it seems to have hills and valleys. Take care of yourself and try to find small ways to help others (even if they don't notice) -- often helps one feel better (and usually we feel better too).
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I forgot to take my meds yesterday. I didn't think it would be a problem, I forget a lot of times to take them. But yesterday was a seriously bad day, and I didn't understand why until I noticed I didn't take anything.
    It just started out with ONE tiny insignificant thing that irked me, and then the whole world came crashing down at that exact moment and I couldn't stop crying for an hour. I was bringing up the kitchen sink with myself, all the things I've been holding back just came to my surface, things I didn't even realize were upsetting me. And I just sat there, unable to get out of it. I have a list of things I think about to get me out of a funk (my dog, a good memory, a funny joke, etc) but nothing was working. It made me realize how helpless I am to this stupid sickness.
    "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I forgot to take my meds yesterday. I didn't think it would be a problem, I forget a lot of times to take them. But yesterday was a seriously bad day, and I didn't understand why until I noticed I didn't take anything.
    It just started out with ONE tiny insignificant thing that irked me, and then the whole world came crashing down at that exact moment and I couldn't stop crying for an hour. I was bringing up the kitchen sink with myself, all the things I've been holding back just came to my surface, things I didn't even realize were upsetting me. And I just sat there, unable to get out of it. I have a list of things I think about to get me out of a funk (my dog, a good memory, a funny joke, etc) but nothing was working. It made me realize how helpless I am to this stupid sickness.
    So sorry you felt that way yesterday...hugs!

Back in January, I was faced with trying to find a job and go back to work following the birth of my 3rd child. I did not have a paid mat leave and my lil guy was only 3 months old. The thought of leaving them KILLED me! I felt so helpless. I could not get out of bed, I cried all the time and I snapped at anyone who tried to talk to me. I felt dead inside...not even my kids could make me smile. That was rock bottom for me. My MIL called my Doctor and made me an appointment. She arranged someone to watch my kids and off we went. After listening to me for over half an hour, we decided that I needed to take some medication (temporarily) to help me through this time. Well, it has been almost 8 months, I still take a small dosage but I find that it really helps. Every one around me has noticed a difference. I don't cry at the "drop of a hat", I am more tolerant of my kids and of everyone around me.

Don't get me wrong, I still have bad days....money is a HUGE stressor for me! There is never enough to go around. Who said money doesn't solve problems??? Sure would make my life alot easier But when I am feeling down these days, I take a moment to look around at all the positive things in my life and be thankful. I know my kids need me to be strong and set an example so that helps lift me up.

To everyone out there suffering from this: You are not alone and there is help out there...do not try to battle it alone!

Have a great day everyone...thanks for listening to me

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I hear you, and can also tell when I've forgotten my meds.
    We may indeed be helpless to this stupid sickness, but thank God we have the meds.to help us.
    Know that you are not alone.
    I hope today is better for you.

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information