User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: The Truth About Coupon Stealing

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tammytee View Post
    You use coupons to keep a store in operation, and supply stock for that store? Wow I bet the owners love you, supplying stock for their store at no cost to them! Pure profit with no over head.
    Lol, of course it's at cost to them, I don't do donations . I hand over the receipt and get reimbursed. It's not pure profit nor is there no overhead.
    Jezebel and chickypoodles like this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

they would prosecute only people taking coupons from products and not tear pads....t6here is no law against taking tear pads as there are put out specifically for people to take...

Trading Score
    26 (96%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    Lol, of course it's at cost to them, I don't do donations . I hand over the receipt and get reimbursed. It's not pure profit nor is there no overhead.
    Wow lucky them for now! All I know, speaking from some experience in the field, they better hope that they do not get busted. A few years ago there were some video stores that bought their movies and snacks from places like WM, and such. They got busted because their product was not purchased for the intent of resale or profit. It is a scam that does happen, and yes people get busted. You need to be able to prove proper purchases for the business for resale, ie showing sales receipts from Costco using your business license attached to that membership. WM,RCSS and so on do not have such a licensing agreement.
    Anyway just my opinion and input
    If it works for you thats great

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post

Saturdays was a bad day -- the guilty thought they could be lost in the crowd. What they did not know was that some in the crowd were loss prevention guys and gals dressed like everyday folk.

I don't know why they try -- cameras are everywhere. And some are not easy to spot.
    see, if thieves dressed like this

Name:  theif.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  9.1 KB

the LPOs would have a much easier job...
    DianneS and Shwa Girl like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Wow lucky them for now! All I know, speaking from some experience in the field, they better hope that they do not get busted. A few years ago there were some video stores that bought their movies and snacks from places like WM, and such. They got busted because their product was not purchased for the intent of resale or profit. It is a scam that does happen, and yes people get busted. You need to be able to prove proper purchases for the business for resale, ie showing sales receipts from Costco using your business license attached to that membership. WM,RCSS and so on do not have such a licensing agreement.
    Anyway just my opinion and input
    If it works for you thats great
    The case you describe doesn't pertain to our situation. In addition, a business license is not attached to a Costco membership, of that I am certain. In fact, anyone can purchase from Costco (or any other store for that matter) to resell, not just businesses. Toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning products are not purchased for the business I work for for resale, it's used. Not sure about the laws elsewhere but in QC, a small business is allowed to purchase from any other business for resale with some exceptions. In fact, many of the large chain stores here encourage it as they want the business from the distributors (middlemen) that tend to gouge the smaller stores. As long as you have receipts to prove the appropriate taxes have been paid, it's perfectly legal.

Trading Score
    26 (96%)

The case you describe doesn't pertain to our situation. In addition, a business license is not attached to a Costco membership, of that I am certain. In fact, anyone can purchase from Costco (or any other store for that matter) to resell, not just businesses. Toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning products are not purchased for the business I work for for resale, it's used. Not sure about the laws elsewhere but in QC, a small business is allowed to purchase from any other business for resale with some exceptions. In fact, many of the large chain stores here encourage it as they want the business from the distributors (middlemen) that tend to gouge the smaller stores. As long as you have receipts to prove the appropriate taxes have been paid, it's perfectly legal.
    Maybe you should check again with Costco, because you do need a business license and GST# on your Costco business membership to get approved receipts and tax exempt product for resale. I am not going to have a pissing contest, just wish you all luck in the future

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I think you are talking about supplies for the staff. TP for the staff washroom and the like. I do the same for my store.
    snuffaluffagus likes this.
    We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Maybe you should check again with Costco, because you do need a business license and GST# on your Costco business membership to get approved receipts and tax exempt product for resale. I am not going to have a pissing contest, just wish you all luck in the future
    I wasn't aware it was a pissing contest, tammy . I'm just trying to say how it is over here since you're implying it's illegal. Small businesses don't get tax exemptions from Costco here, nor from any other sellers. Businesses pay taxes on all purchases just like anyone else. I got the Costco membership for the business I work for and all I was asked for was the same as my personal Costco card, nothing more.

In regards to other chain stores such as WM etc., it's not about licensing agreements, it's about wholesale permits. Those stores are not allowed to sell for wholesale prices (less than what they'd sell to regular customers) to other businesses but nothing stops them from selling at their regular/sale prices. Of course they can limit quantities and I'm all for that.

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

ok i'm not trying to cause a fuss, but here's what i think:

i do not believe that people should sell coupons on ebay.

i do think that we should be able to trade for gift cards or stamps if we choose to. it's a choice. if it's not up your alley, don't do it.

i raok and spend more stamps sending coupons people want, and more often than not, i don't get the coupons i originally wanted. i cave, (my choice) accept coupons i don't really want or need to send people what they want. i don't think that makes me a bad person...a push over maybe lol. so, that being said, the odd time, i offer up a huge lot of coupons (these are great for people who don't feel like driving all over the place to find coupons. i live in a rural area - sometimes i drive 200 km in a day looking for coupons (again my choice) ). so when i offer these i would like a gc. i don't offer them often and sometimes drive 40 km to deliver them (each direction, again my choice). do i want a gift card. yes please.

sorry hubby is talking in the back ground...i want to say all that pleasantly. if it doesn't come across that way, i'm very sorry. gotta run. will check back in when he shuts up lol

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

I was the one who posted about the coupon thief. It was awesome to see someone get arrested for it. But it has been aquestion I have had ever since. i wonder what heppended to her and what she could have got charged with

Trading Score
    26 (96%)

I wasn't aware it was a pissing contest, tammy . I'm just trying to say how it is over here since you're implying it's illegal. Small businesses don't get tax exemptions from Costco here, nor from any other sellers. Businesses pay taxes on all purchases just like anyone else. I got the Costco membership for the business I work for and all I was asked for was the same as my personal Costco card, nothing more.

In regards to other chain stores such as WM etc., it's not about licensing agreements, it's about wholesale permits. Those stores are not allowed to sell for wholesale prices (less than what they'd sell to regular customers) to other businesses but nothing stops them from selling at their regular/sale prices. Of course they can limit quantities and I'm all for that.
    All I was trying to say is it there are bylaws that have to be followed, and yes I am aware of them in all areas of Canada. Some provinces differ, in all aspects of the bylaw standards whether it be for SB or Corps, WM and such are not allowed to offer and wholesale/retail discounts because they do not have the licensing for resale or any other. They are strictly for private sales. The WholeSale Club (Loblaws) and Costco and a few other do if fact have the proper licensing and permits for resale/wholesale or to general public. For a business with a legitimate GST# they are to receive a tax exemption, because by law tax can not be collected twice on an item. Anyways like I said before, it is all just my opinion and do what you feel you are doing is right! Sorry if I came off as a or whatever.
    Last edited by tammytee; Tue, May 1st, 2012 at 08:35 PM.

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

i thought the remittance for hst was received-paid = suck it up and pay the difference. k that's off topic.

i understand the op's frustration about selling AND BUYING on ebay. one won't work without the other. if one stops, the other eventually will too. that would end the problem. hope it happens sooner than later. the same would work with trading coupons for gc or stamps...

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    see, if thieves dressed like this

Name:  theif.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  9.1 KB

the LPOs would have a much easier job...

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amanda4 View Post
    I was the one who posted about the coupon thief. It was awesome to see someone get arrested for it. But it has been aquestion I have had ever since. i wonder what heppended to her and what she could have got charged with
    probably was charged with theft over xx dollars, or some such language

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

since you are so focused on doing things the way you think is correct, remember you are committing fraud if you give or take a P&G coupon from someone and use it..
    DianneS and wildfirejessi like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information