User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Walmart Greeters more like Walmart Seaters! + The case of the disappearing baskets!!!

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Do you ever walk into walmart and notice a "walmart greeter" sitting on a stool, just staring at you when you walk in? Me too! Almost 99% of the time! They only "greet" me when they insist on stickering my merchandise I have come to return!

Do you also ever notice that when you go to grab a basket at the front of the store...there ARE none, so you have to pretend its easter and try to find one? Just today this happened AGAIN! I felt like saying something, like, hey, where can I find more baskets, or, are you all out of baskets???????? so they get a clue! Shouldn't the walmart "seaters" be on basket duty as well? They are only sitting 3 feet away from the obvious empty space where the baskets were!!!!! It's kinda hard to miss the fact that there are NO BLUE BASKETS piled high right in front of you!!!!! don't you just love when they watch you aimlessely searching around the front of the store and by the cashiers, like you lost your keys, BUT YOU ARE ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR A BASKET????!!!!

Now can I get some chocolate eggs in this basket as a reward for actually finding one????????!!!! Thanks.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    gracesmommy likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

At least your Wal-Mart greeter wasn't Dick Cheney.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to move from a certain area ie. near the entrance of the store....that would defeat the purpose of having "greeters". They need to see who's coming in and check receipts for people leaving the store. I've never used a basket at Walmart...there are always carts nearby.
    SFARAZ and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean View Post
    Do you ever walk into walmart and notice a "walmart greeter" sitting on a stool, just staring at you when you walk in? Me too! Almost 99% of the time! They only "greet" me when they insist on stickering my merchandise I have come to return!

Do you also ever notice that when you go to grab a basket at the front of the store...there ARE none, so you have to pretend its easter and try to find one? Just today this happened AGAIN! I felt like saying something, like, hey, where can I find more baskets, or, are you all out of baskets???????? so they get a clue! Shouldn't the walmart "seaters" be on basket duty as well? They are only sitting 3 feet away from the obvious empty space where the baskets were!!!!! It's kinda hard to miss the fact that there are NO BLUE BASKETS piled high right in front of you!!!!! don't you just love when they watch you aimlessely searching around the front of the store and by the cashiers, like you lost your keys, BUT YOU ARE ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR A BASKET????!!!!

Now can I get some chocolate eggs in this basket as a reward for actually finding one????????!!!! Thanks.
    One time I emailed a complaint about no baskets at the front of the store.I was told they get taken.I was thinking then why don't they have the greeters who are watching the door grab the baskets out of the hands of the basket pilferers.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    One time I emailed a complaint about no baskets at the front of the store.I was told they get taken.I was thinking then why don't they have the greeters who are watching the door grab the baskets out of the hands of the basket pilferers.
    I was actually going to say something along those lines...I know that my local Superstore get tons of baskets in and over time the number dwindles...then I see them in garages and vehicles when I am going for walks (these are the ones that have "Do Not Remove From Store" on the side)...

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to move from a certain area ie. near the entrance of the store....that would defeat the purpose of having "greeters". They need to see who's coming in and check receipts for people leaving the store. I've never used a basket at Walmart...there are always carts nearby.

Baskets that have just been used are just a few steps backwards, right by the express check out lanes, which are located right at the front of the store. Its not like they have to walk a mile. All the "greeter" has to do is pretty much SWIVEL on their stool, walk a few steps to see if there are any there, grab a couple baskets and replace them. If they're not suppose to MOVE from their post at all, except for when to check receipts and stop people, there are other walmart employees walking past that area all the time. You'd think they'd mention to SOMEONE, hey look! Our baskets are getting low, OR, there are NO baskets there at all! Let's find someone to get some!
    For me, I never use carts because I'm usually only getting a couple items.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I've never seen a stool at any of my local Walmarts...and they always greet me. I guess they really have to 'tow the line' out here!

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Many of these stores (Walmart, Superstore, etc.) are probably wanting you to take a cart rather than a basket, in hopes that you will feel inclined to purchase more items. Baskets are cheaper to purchase for these stores, yet they always run out. If you take a cart instead, you may fill it up with more items that you first didn't intend to purchase. Remember, it's all about the Benjamins!
    lekate and DianneS like this.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

a lot of the greeters are seniors. i believe their job is mainly to watch the ppl entering with returns and stuff.

give em a break

as for ppl stealing baskets, i am shocked! a new low!
    robin1234s likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I worked at a WM Super Center before and knew a few greeters. They can't leave a certain area and maintenance is responsible for carts and baskets. Plus they go through training on how to recognize people who steal plus they check the bags when the security goes off. Plus WM believes that a greeter can deter most thefts.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Nope, mine has a greeter who will hand you a basket if you want one, and another by the exit
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    a lot of the greeters are seniors. i believe their job is mainly to watch the ppl entering with returns and stuff.

give em a break

as for ppl stealing baskets, i am shocked! a new low!
    All I want is for them to TELL somebody that there are no baskets!!! Senior or not. For the amount of people who come into the store, not all will want a cart. I'm sure we've all helped out at our job somehow with something that was not in our "job description" so that it would help others. That's all I'm talking about. I don't know how many people I could WATCH come into the store, see them realize there are no baskets, and continue to watch them search for one lol.
    robin1234s likes this.

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Some Wal-Mart greeters are really nice and sweet and will actually offer you a smile or a hello!!! Others just don't care. Even if they are sitting in their stool (which I understand), they could smile. It's not going to kill them lol!

The only ones that I've ever known/seen are senior citizens or people with some form of a disability. I know a Wal-Mart greeter and she is very nice to people coming in (unless she is with someone at the door).

As far as baskets go...uuuugggghhhhhhh!!!! It's near impossible to find them 99% of the time!

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Ya, I'm more pi$$ed about the baskets!!!! lol

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I have found that the greeters in my local WM are very nice people IF they are seniors. One greeter uses a cane and she is always up and doing carts/baskets, etc. One greeter is a teenage boy who sits on his backside and doesn't say hello, smile get baskets/carts, NOTHING!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information