User Tag List

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Free Samples from Sample Source! Starts in April!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lucy16076 View Post
    Wrote my email to samplesource about not getting "full" sample boxes & got this in reply....

"Hello!

We are aware of smartcanucks and some of the issues that members are reporting. We have filed a complaint with Canada Post as the packages leave our facility in perfect condition.

Thank you for emailing us and keeping us in the loop!"
    I get at least 2 packages from Canada Post per month (various sources -sample boxes from places like P&G, purchased products from various ebay vendors and other types of vendors online and have, to date found NOTHING EVER MISSING from my packages. )

Who the hell would want to break into a box labeled samples to get a few crummy shampoos or quaker bars? Seriously?

I think it's pretty sleazy of SampleSource to publicly blame Canada Post of repeatedly stealing from them.

These are serious charges on the part of SampleSource, and I wonder if Canada Post can take any legal action in recourse.

It's pretty scammy of Sample Source to show full size products of John Frieda shampoo and conditioner and send only 8.3ml x2 size flat single use samples (that's all I received in my huge box.)

BTW, I picked up a couple of the above samples in downtown Toronto last weekend, with much less work and problem than dealing with Sample Source.
    Last edited by kava5; Tue, May 15th, 2012 at 01:10 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kava5 View Post
    I get at least 2 packages from Canada Post per month (various sources -sample boxes from places like P&G, purchased products from various ebay vendors and other types of vendors online and have, to date found NOTHING EVER MISSING from my packages. )

Who the hell would want to break into a box labeled samples to get a few crummy shampoos or quaker bars? Seriously?

I think it's pretty sleazy of SampleSource to publicly blame Canada Post of repeatedly stealing from them.

These are serious charges on the part of SampleSource, and I wonder if Canada Post can take any legal action in recourse.

It's pretty scammy of Sample Source to show full size products of John Frieda shampoo and conditioner and send only 8.3ml x2 size flat single use samples (that's all I received in my huge box.)

BTW, I picked up a couple of the above samples in downtown Toronto last weekend, with much less work and problem than dealing with Sample Source.
    I don't believe calling Sample Source sleazy is fair at all. While I understand that your experience with Canada post has been all positive, several people on this board have mentioned holes in their boxes with samples missing.

Whether this is happening because mail delievery persons have been ripping into them or because the boxes are thin and easily tear if bumped up against another package (I haven't received mine yet so I don't know what it's like) I think its fair of Sample Source to want to know what's going on. If you (or any other person/business) were sending things through the mail that weren't reaching its destination in the condition that they started I;m sure you would be frustrated as well and want to get some answers or at least make sure CP knows that it has happened to attempt to rectify the problem in the future.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by awhit066 View Post
    I don't believe calling Sample Source sleazy is fair at all. While I understand that your experience with Canada post has been all positive, several people on this board have mentioned holes in their boxes with samples missing.

Whether this is happening because mail delievery persons have been ripping into them or because the boxes are thin and easily tear if bumped up against another package (I haven't received mine yet so I don't know what it's like) I think its fair of Sample Source to want to know what's going on. If you (or any other person/business) were sending things through the mail that weren't reaching its destination in the condition that they started I;m sure you would be frustrated as well and want to get some answers or at least make sure CP knows that it has happened to attempt to rectify the problem in the future.
    I completely agree. And we don't really know all the details......maybe SampleSource has some sort of security measure set up and knows that the samples aren't disappearing on their end. Also, many people have been complaining about various pieces of mail missing lately....not just the SampleSource.

I think SampleSource should have looked into it on their end, but if they can't find anything I think it's perfectly reasonable for them to inquire/complain to Canada Post.
    GypsyGirl likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

MY MIL got hers yesterday...it was completely sealed. I actually had trouble opening it for her (I asked her to wait to let me open it, as I was curious from people stating they were missing things on here). It didn't have everything inside that I got. The FPC for scrubbing bubbles was missing, along with a few of the samples. I just think it got missed in the packing or they ran out. She ordered hers several days after I ordered mine. I ordered on the first day. Bonus though....MIL gave me the razor! Woot!
    Speckled28 likes this.
    I love the Swagbucks FREE Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/breylormom

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

finally got mine today too. gave ds the granola bar. got a razor, a toothbrush, toothpaste, sunlight tabs, 2 lotions... for some reason i got 4 of the jergens booklets with the coupons in them and 2 of the scrubing bubbles fpc's.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Still waiting patiently

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

got mine today. received more than i though i would. got a razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, sunlight, harvest crunch bar and john frieda samples. too bad i didn't get the scrubbing bubbles. still happy with what i got

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yayy. Got mine yesterday and it was sealed. No razor but I got the FPC for scrubbing bubbles, Jergens body glow sample (with coupon), granola bar, Sunlight Sample. Not a bad sampler at all.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Got mine yesterday!!!! got everything except for the jergens and the scrubbing bubbles.... which is okay, because we dont use cleaner like that anyway....
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tredella View Post
    Yayy. Got mine yesterday and it was sealed. No razor but I got the FPC for scrubbing bubbles, Jergens body glow sample (with coupon), granola bar, Sunlight Sample. Not a bad sampler at all.
    That is exactly what I rec'd yesterday!

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I understand your frustration but it is free samples. These samples are offered up to try, the company foots the bill for sending and making up these little gift packs. I think any company that gives back to us is wonderful. They are not required to do anything for us. Calling them sleazy is pretty upsetting to me. They have every right to question Canada post since many members have received damaged boxes. If you dislike these samples, don't sign up for them anymore. There are a lot of people who didn't even get a chance to get one who would enjoy it and all I heard from you is complaints. Be grateful for the samples (which I thought were very generous) or don't sign up and let someone else get them who would appreciate them. No offense to you but it's just how I see things.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I got mine yesterday too. The box was perfectly sealed but was missing the Jergens, the Scrubbing Bubbles, and all the coupons. I was disappointed because I really wanted the coupons but it is a freebie after all and they don't have to send us anything!!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Seriously not cool to call a company who send out thousands of free samples sleazy!! I for one hate canada post!! I have had things go missing, I have had things take months ( like 6!!! ) to get from here to Quebec. I have gone to the post office with trades, to have weighed and stamped, only to find them back in my mail box a week later with a notice that it needed more postage ( even though THEY weighed it and added postage!!! ) I have had stuff ripped. One day a HV trade arrived in a Plastic bag with a "tough luck" note on it basically saying that the envelope was caught in the sorter and damaged. There was an $8 huggies and a J&J that were in there that were both ruined!!! They did nothing, and since it wasn't the other traders fault, I was SOL. So I wouldn't doubt Canada posts negligence caused damage for a second. If anything I would call them Sleazy.... not the people who have sent thousands of samples ( at who knows how much expense for postage ) to people for absolutely nothing!!

Also in regards to

"It's pretty scammy of Sample Source to show full size products of John Frieda shampoo and conditioner and send only 8.3ml x2 size flat single use samples "

That makes little to no sense.... its called "sample source" not "free full sized product source" How many times have you signed up for a free sample where it showed the sample sized on the page?? Most don't. They usually highlight the product you will be "sampling" and send enough to try. If you like it buy it. Would you complain if you went to a grocery store where people were giving food samples and complain?? "How dare you give me just a bite of chicken - I want a 6 course meal!!!!"
    Last edited by JennyFromTheRock; Wed, May 16th, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

hahaha to the 6 course meal thing
    i joined prize rebel and make 10 to 20 dollar amazon gist cards every two daysehttps://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=darwinsmistake

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I received mine also, but with only a granola bar inside and nothing else. I did sign up when they were having server issues though. My daughter enjoyed the granola bar!

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information