User Tag List

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1155Likes

Thread: The Dog Club!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Ouch! Poor Eddie. Our "Dog Nephew" Danny got quilled last year. You can never been too careful with those little quills. He had one working it's way towards his heart! YIKES.

DH and I have spent years helping rescue dogs. We don't have our own but we have lots of adopted doggie friends that come to "Aunty and Uncle" for over night visits . We just can't resist them!
    Dee09 and hollyquaiscer like this.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Should get your own Sue. . .you won't be sorry. .
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ok. I'll bite. I actually belong to the "other" club. (you know, meow, meow). I'm scared of mice so it is natural that I must belong to the "other" club.

My daughter and DH nagged for years to get a doggie, and we finally did 2 years ago. She is a chihuahua named Cleo. A chihuahua wasn't my first choice for a dog, but my MIL's chihuahua had a littler of pups and from the day DD saw those babies, I knew I was sunk.

Cleo is yappy, yes, but she is also incredibly earnest and funny to watch. Very playful with us and a lot of fun. She fits very well on anyone's lap. Seeing how happy she makes me DD and DH...I wouldn't trade her for a thing.

When no one else is watching, I am training her to pounce like a cat.

bahahahaha!

SSSSH. Don't tell.

I actually like this dog and take her for walks and stuff. When no one is looking, I give her lots of lovins.'

But sssssshhhhh! Don't tell. I need to keep up my "I-don't-need-a-dog-tough-guy" image.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Never had the issue with quills, but my little guy (Otis) likes to roll around in anything, pee included. I gave him a bath just the other day and he HATES baths.. it was hilarious. We have a double kitchen sink with a hose which is nice and easy to bathe him. Well I go to move him into the sink and he becomes a board. two legs on one side and two legs on the other. I started laughing so hard I almost fell over! (I have a cast on one foot so that wouldn't have been pretty!) I finally got him bathed and shared with DH and he laughed too. Watching Otis run around like a banshee was the amusement for the rest of the night!
    Dee09 likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

ninna i am a member of the cat club also,since there is 1 of each in our home.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kparker1786 View Post
    Never had the issue with quills, but my little guy (Otis) likes to roll around in anything, pee included. I gave him a bath just the other day and he HATES baths.. it was hilarious. We have a double kitchen sink with a hose which is nice and easy to bathe him. Well I go to move him into the sink and he becomes a board. two legs on one side and two legs on the other. I started laughing so hard I almost fell over! (I have a cast on one foot so that wouldn't have been pretty!) I finally got him bathed and shared with DH and he laughed too. Watching Otis run around like a banshee was the amusement for the rest of the night!

AAAaaaarrrgh! Don't feel bad. . . My 100 pounder Nika, decided she apply a liberal dose of "eau d'coyote poop" today. Disgusting. She's actually pretty good in the tub considering she doesn't like it. I can't tell you what a delightful combination strawberry shampoo and Coyote poop make. .
    i also had to give Eddie a bath too or he'd be mad. As it was, it was practically impossible keeping him from jumping back into bathwater. . sigh. . .
    Lynn49, Dee09 and kparker1786 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Could have used Eddie last night while watering the grass at dusk.

My doggie nephew Sherman is coming to visit for a week today. I can't wait. I have bought him his own little pool and a fird hyrdrant hose attachment and a bubble machine. I used to run my own doh biscuit company so of course he will have home made biscuits and special frozen treats. I tell his mum that he may never want to leave "camp auntie"
    Dee09 and Speckled28 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok Sue. .. . . .SERIOUSLY. . . you NEED TO GET YOUR OWN DOG. . .Lol!! Tell us what dog breeds you like and why. . .

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

P.S. Eddie was farrrrr too busy hunting frogs in the pond at dusk to be of use to anyone. . .

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i miss my last dog......

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I have a doggie named Harley. He's part poodle part watermelon with a splash of kangaroo!.

He's a poodle with a watermelon for a body with stick legs and he can bounce super high like a kangaroo! I love him to bits!!!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Petition :
    Clauses prohibiting pets in residential leases

Petition text

WHEREAS, by the Régie du logement’s own estimate, only 3% of landlords accept tenants with dog;
    WHEREAS thousands of animals are abandoned each year for the sole reason that their owners are unable to find housing that permits pets;
    WHEREAS the prohibition of pets in rental housing units primarily affects low-income individuals, due to the fact that they have more limited opportunities for housing;
    WHEREAS no pet clauses unfairly favor landlords by allowing them to penalize all pet owners who are looking for affordable rental housing, regardless of how their animals actually behave;
    WHEREAS Québec should follow in the footsteps of its neighbour Ontario, which invalidated no pet clauses over twenty years ago in the 1990s;
    We, the undersigned, citizens or residents of Québec, call upon the Ministry of Municipal Affairs, Regions and Land Occupancy to render all clauses prohibiting pets in residential leases null and without effect.

Link to sign:https://www.assnat.qc.ca/en/exprimez...335/index.html

Please sign and encourage your familly and friends to do it too...with ours voices we can change that and less dog will be abandonnated by this reason...3% of the tenants only accept dog..it is ridiculous...I never taught it was a so low%

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My dog called Lulu, I kept him near one year. He is very cute.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dee09 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sounds like Eddie is a typical JRT. In the 6 years I have had them in my life I am yet to meet one that would turn down a hunt. Even it if it was something that they really shouldn't. Our JRT Skippy hunted the same possum twice before it finally met it's demise on the road. Even the cats that are in the neighborhood know not to come near our back deck.lol. Our Maggie (gone to the Rainbow Bridge) did a round of go-to-ground hunting (no animals harmed) at the age of 10! She went so fast that they had to put pieces of the tunnel back together after she ran.

Could Eddie be a Parsons Russell? They are the same as a typical one just bigger.
    MortgageQueen likes this.
    Not All Disabilities Are Visible. Proud owner of a medical alert wonder pup. (formally a puppy mill pup that was rescued and assists a special needs child)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by gspmamma View Post
    Sounds like Eddie is a typical JRT. In the 6 years I have had them in my life I am yet to meet one that would turn down a hunt. Even it if it was something that they really shouldn't. Our JRT Skippy hunted the same possum twice before it finally met it's demise on the road. Even the cats that are in the neighborhood know not to come near our back deck.lol. Our Maggie (gone to the Rainbow Bridge) did a round of go-to-ground hunting (no animals harmed) at the age of 10! She went so fast that they had to put pieces of the tunnel back together after she ran.

Could Eddie be a Parsons Russell? They are the same as a typical one just bigger.
    Hmmm. . .a Parson's russell. Will have to look that up . . .
    Your Skippy was Lucky! I hear those possums can be pretty mean when cornered.

NOPE! Looked up Parsons JRT. Not Eddie. He's 30 lbs. His body is longer than his legs. Guess he's still a MUTT! lol!
    Last edited by MortgageQueen; Wed, Jul 25th, 2012 at 11:07 PM.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information